Mandriva 2006 released without Mozilla Firefox 1.5, it came with 1.0.6 (which included security fixes and other patches from 1.0.7)…. anyway, source rpm’s for Firefox 1.5 became available in cooker, so I’ve built rpm’s for Mandriva 2006 for easy management on my systems. I’ll post links here as they may be of use to others as well. …. These are provided as is, with no warranty express or implied, etc. etc. etc. The src.rpm is straight from cooker, so, if you like, you could build it yourself….
Now, of course, you may not need the devel rpms. Also, if you have yelp, galeon or epiphany installed, they likely depend on 1.0.6 of firefox and so, you’ll need to recompile those if you wish to keep them. Like I’ve said before, this set of links is as much for my own convenience as anything. It’s great if someone else finds it useful, but, it’s “as is”.
=========update 2/8/06 ==========
Download links removed – newer version is available to address security issues. If I have a chance I’ll post updated rpm’s.
I’ve been running on the new rpm’s for a bit now and all seems stable…. 126.96.36.199 is the version number – same disclaimer as before…
REMOVED IN LIEU OF NEW VERSION
You don’t NEED the devel rpms, or the src rpm…. the src.rpm came from cooker and is what I used to build the above. As I say they’ve worked fine for my purposes and they’re here for my convenience as much as anything else. You’re welcome to try them out. epiphany/galeon or any other browsers that depend on firefox would have to be built against this newer release of firefox… in other words if you install these rpms on a mandriva 2006 system and use galeon/epiphany or another browser that depends on v. 1.0.6 of firefox, then you will no longer have the use of that browser *(unless you rebuild it after this install…)
For Mandriva rpms – you might consider looking at SeerOfSouls, they’re a quite large 3rd party Mandriva rpm archive and do essentially what I’ve done for sometime to maintain my mandriva systems… i.e. take src.rpm’s from cooker and recompile/rebuild for whatever release you need the rpm for.
–update 5/17 –
Uploading 188.8.131.52 rpms for firefox. I had built these a while back and they should be available at http://www.averyjparker.com/wp-content/downloads/firefox/ In that folder you should see the source rpm, then a subfolder with all the 184.108.40.206 rpms, (devel rpmsare in another subdirectory).
Uploading 220.127.116.11 rpms for firefox (and Mandriva 2006…) Same main folder http://www.averyjparker.com/wp-content/downloads/firefox/ as above, but look for the Mozilla-firefox-18.104.22.168 sub-directory, src and devel rpms are in subdirectories…. in the future, I expect any updated rpms will wind up in similar subdirectories. (like Mozilla-firefox-22.214.171.124 if and when it’s released….) It makes it easier to deal with for me…. Same disclaimer as previously.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Update on the Internet Explorer VML vulnerability Just catching up on the days VML vulnerability news from today.... It looks as though... the exploit is now MUCH more widespread this blog has some video of an infection, what's notable is that the first take was VERY UNEVENTFUL, it was used to stealthily install a keylogger. (So that......
- The 2nd journey begins… Mandriva 2006 upgrade 2 - Part 10 I think it's time to wrap things up. The KDE start new session option is back after the changes I mentioned to the /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc file I mentioned in a previous post. There are no outstanding issues from the upgrade. (I need to adjust the font sizes down a bit, but......
- A closer look at x11vnc I've got to say, one of the things I really like about linux are the myriad of options for remotely administering a system. SSH is the one I use the most, but for the graphical you have x (especially on the LAN), nxserver (which is a compressed and optionally encrypted......
- Coby Tablet PC Review - MID7015 [/caption] Coby Tablet PC (MID7015) is an Android 2.1 loaded Touch screen Tablet. Yet another Tablet PC in the line of low cost products which is loaded with Android 2.1 operating systems. There are many brands coming live into the market of Tablet PC especially loaded with Android platform. It......
- Finovate Startup 2009 Live Twitter I am attending Finovate Startup 2009. It is an action packed 1 day format which I belive will lend itself perfectly to a live twitter. Stay tuned it should be an amazing day. http://twitter.com/BlogTrafficExch In the break I have scheduled some talks with SimplFi, Mint, and Calendar Budget. I am......
- Tech Support - Funny Video Series While surfing through Youtube, I stumbled across this fun-filled tech support video series. All of the videos are sure to give you good amount of chuckle. I liked all of them, but first one is my favorite. Surely a stress buster after a bad day in office :) Enjoy! Tech......
- Firefox 126.96.36.199 RPMS for Mandriva 2006
- Firefox 188.8.131.52 RPMS for Mandriva 2006
- Clamav 0.88 for Mandrake 10.0
- Clamav 0.88.2 for Mandrake 10.0 rpms
- Clamav and Firefox updates