Mandriva 2006 released without Mozilla Firefox 1.5, it came with 1.0.6 (which included security fixes and other patches from 1.0.7)…. anyway, source rpm’s for Firefox 1.5 became available in cooker, so I’ve built rpm’s for Mandriva 2006 for easy management on my systems. I’ll post links here as they may be of use to others as well. …. These are provided as is, with no warranty express or implied, etc. etc. etc. The src.rpm is straight from cooker, so, if you like, you could build it yourself….
Now, of course, you may not need the devel rpms. Also, if you have yelp, galeon or epiphany installed, they likely depend on 1.0.6 of firefox and so, you’ll need to recompile those if you wish to keep them. Like I’ve said before, this set of links is as much for my own convenience as anything. It’s great if someone else finds it useful, but, it’s “as is”.
=========update 2/8/06 ==========
Download links removed – newer version is available to address security issues. If I have a chance I’ll post updated rpm’s.
I’ve been running on the new rpm’s for a bit now and all seems stable…. 220.127.116.11 is the version number – same disclaimer as before…
REMOVED IN LIEU OF NEW VERSION
You don’t NEED the devel rpms, or the src rpm…. the src.rpm came from cooker and is what I used to build the above. As I say they’ve worked fine for my purposes and they’re here for my convenience as much as anything else. You’re welcome to try them out. epiphany/galeon or any other browsers that depend on firefox would have to be built against this newer release of firefox… in other words if you install these rpms on a mandriva 2006 system and use galeon/epiphany or another browser that depends on v. 1.0.6 of firefox, then you will no longer have the use of that browser *(unless you rebuild it after this install…)
For Mandriva rpms – you might consider looking at SeerOfSouls, they’re a quite large 3rd party Mandriva rpm archive and do essentially what I’ve done for sometime to maintain my mandriva systems… i.e. take src.rpm’s from cooker and recompile/rebuild for whatever release you need the rpm for.
–update 5/17 –
Uploading 18.104.22.168 rpms for firefox. I had built these a while back and they should be available at http://www.averyjparker.com/wp-content/downloads/firefox/ In that folder you should see the source rpm, then a subfolder with all the 22.214.171.124 rpms, (devel rpmsare in another subdirectory).
Uploading 126.96.36.199 rpms for firefox (and Mandriva 2006…) Same main folder http://www.averyjparker.com/wp-content/downloads/firefox/ as above, but look for the Mozilla-firefox-188.8.131.52 sub-directory, src and devel rpms are in subdirectories…. in the future, I expect any updated rpms will wind up in similar subdirectories. (like Mozilla-firefox-184.108.40.206 if and when it’s released….) It makes it easier to deal with for me…. Same disclaimer as previously.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Remote Tech Support with x11vnc and wrapper script So, the idea is that I wanted something "like" the Ultranvnc Single Click download, only for linux. The main idea being is that if someone is looking for a bit of desktop tech support on linux, we don't need to be giving instructions for 5 different package managers, or source......
- The security of remote tech support (ultravnc sc or x11vnc with wrapper script) Well, I've got a nice way of doing "easy" one click (or one cut and paste) light desktop support for windows or linux, one uses ultravnc sc, the other uses x11vnc with a special wrapper script. So, what security flaws are there in this process? Well, for starters, I see......
- Another trackback spam storm overnight.... All of the the swarms of trackback spam seemed to last an hour give or take a few minutes, so it does look kind of like "rent-a-bot" activity, lots of different IP addresses, trackback spam sites seem to have a common theme - the last batch was insurance type sites..........
- Microsoft Blogs Review Reading and reviewing corporate blogs from other companies is a great way to learn a little bit more about your own blog. Microsoft has a large community of blogs, and a wide variety of bloggers writing in numerous blogs within this community. There are a number of employee blogs in......
- Coby Tablet PC Review - MID7015 [/caption] Coby Tablet PC (MID7015) is an Android 2.1 loaded Touch screen Tablet. Yet another Tablet PC in the line of low cost products which is loaded with Android 2.1 operating systems. There are many brands coming live into the market of Tablet PC especially loaded with Android platform. It......
- Wordpress 3.0.2 - Auto Updating Error Resolved Wordpress 3.0.2 - Don't Pull Your Hair Out Yet Image by Debs (Ã²â€¿Ã³)â™ª via Flickr If you have been using Wordpress for any extended period of time you know that they are constantly updating their plate form. While it re assures me that wordpress is always improving it can also......
- Firefox 220.127.116.11 RPMS for Mandriva 2006
- Firefox 18.104.22.168 RPMS for Mandriva 2006
- Clamav 0.88 for Mandrake 10.0
- Clamav 0.88.2 for Mandrake 10.0 rpms
- Clamav and Firefox updates