Soft Soldier is yet another entry in the long wini line of rogue antivirus applications. ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal guide and the following others… SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other names. They’re busy bees…. but lazy as all of these applications have the same look and feel and many of the same characteristics. Keep reading for information on how to remove softsoldier.
Like most of these rogue applications SoftSoldier installs by way of websites that exploit the user browser, or popups. They also falsify virus scans and claim that you have many problems on your computer that need to be cleaned and removed. The only way they say you can remove these are to purchase their software. The easiest and most straightforward approach for any application is to attempt to remove it via the control panel and the add/remove programs area. That may not provide a complete uninstall though and you may need to manually remove softsoldier.
First you will likely want to block the following website associated with SoftSoldier:
Next, you should go ahead and download and install malwarebytes antimalware. You can find a link to it on my virus removal toolkit page. You can then install, update and run a full scan with malwarebytes. Some of these rogue applications are more clever though and will prevent you from running the install of something like malwarebytes. So, you have the following possibilities for what you can do to remove SoftSoldier. 1) reboot into safe mode and install, update and run a scan with malwarebytes from safe mode. 2) rename the malwarebytes download file (mbam.exe) to something else (other.exe) and then re-attempt the install process. 3) Follow the next step for a manual removal of softsoldier to kill off the running processes associated with the rogue, then reattempt your installation, update and scan with malwarebytes antimalware.
The following processes are associated with SoftSoldier, there appears to be a random component to the names so they may vary from install to install. Use the following as a template for what you will need to kill off in the task manager. If you are unable to run task manager you may try renaming the executable file taskmgr.exe to another name (copy and paste then rename is safest.) Or, you may try using process explorer (which you can find via a link on the virus removal toolkit page. The processes for softsoldier look like this:
The following dll file should be de-registered and deleted: (once again – random component – use this as and the other information below as a template for finding the files as they are named in your situation.)
At this point you should look for and delete the following files and folders to continue your removal of softsoldier:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSoftSoldier
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSoftSoldier1 SoftSoldier.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSoftSoldier2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSoftSoldier3 Uninstall.lnk
Now, even after a successful manual removal I would run a scan with malwarebytes antimalware and another reputable antivirus (AVG or Avira, F-prot/etc.) to make sure all is cleared and that ends the instructions for how to remove softsoldier.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SystemCleanerPro | SystemCleanerPro Removal Guide SystemCleanerPro is a rogue antivirus application. It is a part of the WinSpywareProtect family and will run at system startup. It will popup many warnings about your computers security (or lack thereof). It will scan your system and claim there are viruses and it will repeatedly nag you about purchasing......
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide Windows System Defender is a new rogue antivirus software along the lines of Windows PC Defender (See the Windows PC Defender Removal guide) (I believe it's the same family of malware.) It claims to be a powerful and effective antivirus and antispyware suite, but will overwhelm you with warnings and......
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide Proving once again that it takes little creativity to put out rogue antivirus applications, the same group that was behind secure fighter (securefighter removal guide) have renamed their software again and one of the more recent versions is called securewarrior. Read on for a guide to the removal of securewarrior.......
- How to Remove Old Carpeting Whether you are ready to replace an old, stained carpet, or you want to completely redo your flooring, it is vital to make sure that you know how to properly remove carpet. By using the right techniques, you’ll be assured of saving not only time, but your floors will go......
- How to Clean and Lubricate Skate Bearings Clean bearings are going to roll smoother, roll faster, and will last much longer than dirty bearings. Dirt and grime foul the bearings and can cause pitting which make rotation uneven and rough. The following paragraphs have instructions for cleaning bearings with removable shields. If you do not have removable......
- Free Money Management Tools from Google When it comes to managing our money and investments, creating financial plans, or analyzing our retirement portfolio, I'm all about the free stuff. There are lots of online money management tools around. Google has them as well. I like them because they are easy to use and can be found......
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftVeteran | Soft Veteran Removal Guide
- How to Remove ShieldSafeness | ShieldSafeness Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide