SafeFighter is a rogue antivirus application in the same family as TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other names. It is a rogue application because it installs through either web popups or trojan horse activity, makes false claims that your system is infected with viruses or other security problems. It further claims that it will fix those problems if you purchase the software. Since the problems are all falsified, you may as well take your money out and set fire to it for all the good it will do. Read on for how to remove safefighter.
So, the first thing I would suggest you do is download and install malwarebytes antimalware from my virus removal toolkit page. It is just about the best free malware removal software out there. (Nothing comes to mind as better – I’ve seen some recommend superantispyware – but malwarebytes has been good for me…)
You may not be able to install and run it with this software on your system. You may have to employ one of the following tricks to make it install: 1) rename the install file from mbam.exe to somethingelse.exe (your pick really). 2) reboot and install/run in safe mode. 3) try starting with a manual removal as described below and after you remove safefighter and it’s running processes from memory then try again to install, update and run malwarebytes antimalware. Usually it’s enough to kill off the running processes related tot he pest.
Block the following site related to SafeFighter:
If you are network administrator you may make life easier by blocking the above site. (You may not have to deal with safefighter removal then…)
The following are running processes from SafeFIghter, for removal of safefighter you should disable these processes in task manager. Kill them off to aid in a further automated Safefighter removal with malwarebytes or continue on past for further information you will need for manual removal:
Three of the above files have been randomized and you will likely find different names on your system. Use the patterns that you see here as an example to help you find the rogues files on your system. The information below may also help you find and remove the safefighter files.
The following files and folders should be deleted for safefighter removal:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSafeFighter
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSafeFighter1 SafeFighter.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSafeFighter2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSafeFighter3 Uninstall.lnk
Many of the above files have randomized components to their names and so you should use the template that you see above and search on your system for files that may show similarities. After you have completed a manual removal of safefighter (even if you have found ALL the analogous files) I would install, update and run malwarebytes antimalware as well as a trusted antivirus product to make sure that your removal is complete. (Also it’s good to see a couple reboot cycles to ensure that the hydra doesn’t resprout…)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove PC Live Guard | PC Live Guard Removal Guide PC Live Guard is a Rogue antivirus application that typically installs on a system through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. You will see things that pop up appearing to be a scan of your computer, but it's really just an ad pushing this product. Once the software is on......
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Suite | Removal Guide Windows Enterprise Suite is a rogue antivirus application that is made to look like and mimic the actions of legitimate security applications, but it is likely the cause of more problems on your system than it solves. It seems to be made by the same group as volcano security suite......
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide Windows System Defender is a new rogue antivirus software along the lines of Windows PC Defender (See the Windows PC Defender Removal guide) (I believe it's the same family of malware.) It claims to be a powerful and effective antivirus and antispyware suite, but will overwhelm you with warnings and......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- How to Install a Light Dimmer Switch A light dimmer switch is a small, inexpensive piece of hardware that you can install in about a half an hour. It allows you to control the lighting in a room. Instead of flicking a switch to turn the light off and on, a light dimmer switch lets you turn......
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftVeteran | Soft Veteran Removal Guide