SecuritySoldier is the latest in the WiniGuard Family (SecurityFIghter, SaveArmor, SaveDefender are just the names that came out in the last week.) These busy bees have pretty much just renamed the program and files. It looks the same as each of the recent previous rogues. Just as those do it may install via trojans or web exploits and claim that you have security problems on your computer that it will then be able to fix if you pay for their software. All warnings are trumped up, i.e. not legitimate and it really doesn’t clean up anything. Read on for How to Remove SecuritySoldier.
One thing I should mention about so many of these rogue antivirus programs. Once they are on your system they can do most anything. So, for instance links on webpages can be hijacked and redirected to pages that they want you to see. I noticed an odd exit link in my logs last night and on investigation it was a page to receive payments for alpha antivirus. So, I went to the alpha antivirus removal page to see if there was any link with that address on the page. There wasn’t, there were only links to the tutorial itself, other removal guides and the page for my virus removal toolkit. So, I can only assume someone was browsing from a machine with alpha antivirus already installed and it hijacked the link. It’s usually best to look for removal help from a machine that’s not infected. You really never know what other things it could do after it’s installed on the system. The malwarebytes antimalware download could be substituted or altered with something else – so download your cleanup tools on a clean system if at all possible.
First I would download malwarebytes antimalware from my virus removal toolkit page. Try installing that and run an update and then scan. Alternatively you may boot into safe mode and try scanning if the first fails to work.
The following domain should be blocked.
The following processes should be found and killed off in task manager. The process names are:
These processes could interfere with cleanup. If you have failed with the automatic removal with malwarebytes you might retry after this is done.
The following dll needs to be unregistered and removed:
(Possibly randomized name – look for similar patterns to dll names.)
Then remove the following files and folders:
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecuritySoldier
The above filenames may include some randomization so use what you see above as a pattern to find the files that SecuritySoldier has dropped. You may need to use what you find to then go back and remove the dll file listed above. For complete securitysoldier removal you should run malwarebytes antimalware (and update it) again after removing files manually to ensure that you have removed it from your system.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Anti-Virus Elite | Anti-Virus Elite Removal Guide Anti-Virus Elite is a rogue antivirus application. These rogue antivirus applications pose as a legitimate security application, but in reality is a scam to try to trick you out of money. They will find and claim that there are multiple security problems with your computer. They will claim that you......
- How to Remove Antivir | Antivir Removal Guide Antivir is a rogue antivirus application that is pushed through web site popup ads on unsuspecting users. Basically in web browsing you may see a popup claiming that your computer is infected and you should run a malware scan. Clicking to proceed will probably show an animation of a scan......
- How to Remove Live Enterprise Suite | Live Enterprise Suite Removal Guide Live Enterprise Suite is yet another rogue security application. This is a successor to the frustrating Internet Antivirus Pro and Ghost Antivirus rogues. Like many of these security rogues they are pushed through malware and aggressive advertising. This may be a website that when visited a screen pops up that......
- Panda AntiVirus free 1 year License give away Last week, I posted about ZoneAlarm's free 1 year license. This week again I am posting about a free AntiVirus License give away! This time it's Panda AntiVirus. The license give away will be on 22nd October, 2009. Also on the same day, Windows 7 is going to be launched!......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- FAQ about computer security Q: The virus blocked the registry access and how to get rid of it?A: You can deal with like this: 1. Click on Start -> Run (or Start Search in Windows Vista). 2. Enter GPEdit.msc and then press Enter. 3. Navigate to the following location: User Configuration -> Administrative Templates......
- How To Remove Alpha Antivirus (Removal Guide)
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide