TrustFighter sports a very familiar face, but a different name. Trustfighter is a rogue security application that is in the long line of similar applications such as TrustSoldier (TrustSoldier removal guide) and the following others… SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other names. These are all scareware style software and will install through web exploits and trojans as well as making false claims about infected files on the disc and the claim that it will fix all of the problems if you purchase. Read on to find out how to remove TrustFighter…
First off, TrustFighter creates a long list of files in c:Windows and c:WindowsSystem32 – these are harmless and are the basis for the scan that it conducts and then claims as evidence of malicious content on your machine.
Now, I would start by getting a copy of malwarebytes antimalware installed on the machine. You can find a link to download malwarebytes Antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page.
If you have difficulty installing or getting malwarebytes antimalware to update and run you may try the following tricks to allow it to be installed and run. 1) boot into safe mode. 2) rename the installer file from mbam.exe to something else and then attempt to rerun the installer. 3) Start disabling running processes via the task manager that may be related to TrustFighter. Make use of the list of files below to draw ideas for running processes that may need to be disabled:
If you are performing a manual removal of TrustFighter you should delete the following files and folders:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter1 TrustFighter.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter3 Uninstall.lnk
You should note that many of the filenames listed above are created randomly. In other words there may not be files named exactly as above due to a random component in their file names. You should use the above information as a template to further your ability to remove trustfighter.
Even after a complete manual removal of Trustfighter, I would still install, update and run a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware to make certain that the system is clean.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide PCSProtector is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family of rogues. They are essentially clones of each other and all resemble each other with the minor modification of the name of the rogue and it's files. These rogues are typically distributed by trojan horse activity as well as malware......
- How to Remove KeepCop | Keep Cop Removal Guide KeepCop is yet another of those rogue antivirus applications that seem to be such a plague on computer users today. These rogue security applications usually installed without permission, or by means of trickery claiming to be a video codec or flash player update. Further they will start out on your......
- How to Remove Cyber Security | Cyber Security Removal Guide Cyber Security is a rogue antivirus application. It is in the same family as totalsecurity (total security Removal Guide) and SystemSecurity. This software installs through web popups and trojan horse activity makes false claims about your system being compromised by viruses and other security problems, hijacks we browser activity claiming......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- How to Remove a Car Stereo [/caption]One of the most inexpensive methods to upgrading a car stereo system, is removing the car stereo yourself, and then installing the new stereo. The main stereo unit is the most often changed out component. The time that it takes can take between an hour to a full afternoon. The......
- Unseeded Champion Wins the Legg Mason Tennis Classic There is never a greater victory in tennis than when a relatively unheard of tennis player rises to the occasion and wins the title at a tournament. This is what happened this week at the Legg Mason Tennis Classic. Those in the audience watched as Radek Stepanek took the title......
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftVeteran | Soft Veteran Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide