TrustFighter sports a very familiar face, but a different name. Trustfighter is a rogue security application that is in the long line of similar applications such as TrustSoldier (TrustSoldier removal guide) and the following others… SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other names. These are all scareware style software and will install through web exploits and trojans as well as making false claims about infected files on the disc and the claim that it will fix all of the problems if you purchase. Read on to find out how to remove TrustFighter…
First off, TrustFighter creates a long list of files in c:Windows and c:WindowsSystem32 – these are harmless and are the basis for the scan that it conducts and then claims as evidence of malicious content on your machine.
Now, I would start by getting a copy of malwarebytes antimalware installed on the machine. You can find a link to download malwarebytes Antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page.
If you have difficulty installing or getting malwarebytes antimalware to update and run you may try the following tricks to allow it to be installed and run. 1) boot into safe mode. 2) rename the installer file from mbam.exe to something else and then attempt to rerun the installer. 3) Start disabling running processes via the task manager that may be related to TrustFighter. Make use of the list of files below to draw ideas for running processes that may need to be disabled:
If you are performing a manual removal of TrustFighter you should delete the following files and folders:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter1 TrustFighter.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter3 Uninstall.lnk
You should note that many of the filenames listed above are created randomly. In other words there may not be files named exactly as above due to a random component in their file names. You should use the above information as a template to further your ability to remove trustfighter.
Even after a complete manual removal of Trustfighter, I would still install, update and run a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware to make certain that the system is clean.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove KeepCop | Keep Cop Removal Guide KeepCop is yet another of those rogue antivirus applications that seem to be such a plague on computer users today. These rogue security applications usually installed without permission, or by means of trickery claiming to be a video codec or flash player update. Further they will start out on your......
- How to Remove Cyber Security | Cyber Security Removal Guide Cyber Security is a rogue antivirus application. It is in the same family as totalsecurity (total security Removal Guide) and SystemSecurity. This software installs through web popups and trojan horse activity makes false claims about your system being compromised by viruses and other security problems, hijacks we browser activity claiming......
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide AntiAdd is a rogue antivirus application. It is installed via trojans that claim to be video codec or flash player updates and then once installed on the system it will claim to be scanning your computer and discovering all sorts of viral infected files. In addition to this it may......
- Low Cost Computing for a Baby Boomer Lifestyle I rely heavily on personal computers for work and home activities. So do you. One of my objectives over the past couple of years has been to reduce the cost of computing in the one area where cost-control is easiest: software. I have found many free software applications that work......
- Atlanta Tennis Championship Ends with Mardy Fish on Top Many of the best tennis players in the nation descended on Atlanta like they do every year. They come to play in the Atlanta Tennis Championship. This tournament was able to provide a great show of some great tennis skills by some of the most known names in tennis today.......
- How to Wear Cologne Perfume Have you ever stepped into an elevator with someone and suddenly got knocked out by her scent because it was so strong? Did you ever walk into a room and smell a strong perfume scent that seemed to permeate the entire area? If so you've encountered someone who is not......
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftVeteran | Soft Veteran Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide