TrustFighter sports a very familiar face, but a different name. Trustfighter is a rogue security application that is in the long line of similar applications such as TrustSoldier (TrustSoldier removal guide) and the following others… SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other names. These are all scareware style software and will install through web exploits and trojans as well as making false claims about infected files on the disc and the claim that it will fix all of the problems if you purchase. Read on to find out how to remove TrustFighter…
First off, TrustFighter creates a long list of files in c:Windows and c:WindowsSystem32 – these are harmless and are the basis for the scan that it conducts and then claims as evidence of malicious content on your machine.
Now, I would start by getting a copy of malwarebytes antimalware installed on the machine. You can find a link to download malwarebytes Antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page.
If you have difficulty installing or getting malwarebytes antimalware to update and run you may try the following tricks to allow it to be installed and run. 1) boot into safe mode. 2) rename the installer file from mbam.exe to something else and then attempt to rerun the installer. 3) Start disabling running processes via the task manager that may be related to TrustFighter. Make use of the list of files below to draw ideas for running processes that may need to be disabled:
If you are performing a manual removal of TrustFighter you should delete the following files and folders:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter1 TrustFighter.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustFighter3 Uninstall.lnk
You should note that many of the filenames listed above are created randomly. In other words there may not be files named exactly as above due to a random component in their file names. You should use the above information as a template to further your ability to remove trustfighter.
Even after a complete manual removal of Trustfighter, I would still install, update and run a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware to make certain that the system is clean.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide PCSProtector is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family of rogues. They are essentially clones of each other and all resemble each other with the minor modification of the name of the rogue and it's files. These rogues are typically distributed by trojan horse activity as well as malware......
- How to Remove AntiAid | AntiAid Removal Guide AntiAid is a rogue antivirus/security program that is from the Wini family of Rogues. This is a bit of a departure from much of the long recent history of these rogues due to a new user interface. This rogue (and it's family) is usually advertised (pushed would be a better......
- How to Remove Cyber Security | Cyber Security Removal Guide Cyber Security is a rogue antivirus application. It is in the same family as totalsecurity (total security Removal Guide) and SystemSecurity. This software installs through web popups and trojan horse activity makes false claims about your system being compromised by viruses and other security problems, hijacks we browser activity claiming......
- How to Wear Cologne Perfume Have you ever stepped into an elevator with someone and suddenly got knocked out by her scent because it was so strong? Did you ever walk into a room and smell a strong perfume scent that seemed to permeate the entire area? If so you've encountered someone who is not......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- Remove Spyware: Make your Pc Clean and Safe To find out how effectively you can remove Spyware from your system read it. Spyware are some malicious programs that get installed in your computer through Internet with the help of free offered utility software. These Spyware or the Adware as usually known, install with or without users consent and......
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftVeteran | Soft Veteran Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide