SecurityFighter is making the rounds as yet another rogue security application. It installs itself via trojans and web popups and creates files that it then claims are viral and need to be cleaned out for your computer to be safe. Of course, they never can do that without you first paying for the program. This is the latest version of the WiniSoft malware family and resembles very closely the SaveDefender rogue application (see how to remove savedefender.) So, it’s no surprise that the SecurityFIghter Removal is very similar:
Before attempting the removal it would be best to block the following web site related to SecurityFighter:
The first thing to try as usual is to try to remove SecurityFighter from the control panel and your add/remove programs dialog. If that doesn’t work, then the next step is to download malwarebytes antimwalware from the virus removal toolkit page. Update and run this program. If it is unable to remove files you may either try to reboot into safe mode and rerun the scan or try to kill off the following process in task manager:
The following DLL should be deleted and unregistered:
After this you may rerun your malwarebytes antivirus scan or proceed with manually removing the following files and their folders:
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter1 SecurityFighter.lnk
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter2 Homepage.lnk
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter3 Uninstall.lnk
It should be noted that some of the filenames above are likely randomized and you should use this as the beginning of your search for patterns that are established with the above files. To continue with your Securityfighter removal you should next run a scan (and update) of malwarebytes antimalware. This is in case there are any leftover files, registry entries or other fun “gifts” from this rogue application.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove BlockDefense | Block Defense Removal Blockdefense is yet another of these wolves in sheep clothing that make some computer users lives so miserable these days. It is from the same group of malware that includes Trustninja, save soldier, and savedefense. These are part of a group of rogue antivirus programs that are part of the......
- How to Remove SecureKeeper | Secure Keeper Removal SecureKeeper is a rogue antivirus application in the Wini family (with their recent new look user interface.) The Wini family is a very long running line of rogue security applications that have been producing two to three different rogues each week. Of course, the primary changes are the names, but......
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide TrustFighter sports a very familiar face, but a different name. Trustfighter is a rogue security application that is in the long line of similar applications such as TrustSoldier (TrustSoldier removal guide) and the following others... SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier......
- Low Cost Computing for a Baby Boomer Lifestyle I rely heavily on personal computers for work and home activities. So do you. One of my objectives over the past couple of years has been to reduce the cost of computing in the one area where cost-control is easiest: software. I have found many free software applications that work......
- How to Remove Sliding Shower Doors If you are thinking about removing sliding shower doors for your next do-it-yourself project, you need to be informed on proper steps and technique. These steps will help to ensure that the door is removed properly, reducing the potential for any damage done to your ceiling, walls, and floor. Remove......
- 10 Tips for Setting Up an Office Network Your business has grown beyond its first computer, so now is the time to get your network in place. By networking your computers together, you can share centralized resources such as an Internet connection, programs, files and printers. You can even fax and scan over the network if you have......
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide