SecurityFighter is making the rounds as yet another rogue security application. It installs itself via trojans and web popups and creates files that it then claims are viral and need to be cleaned out for your computer to be safe. Of course, they never can do that without you first paying for the program. This is the latest version of the WiniSoft malware family and resembles very closely the SaveDefender rogue application (see how to remove savedefender.) So, it’s no surprise that the SecurityFIghter Removal is very similar:
Before attempting the removal it would be best to block the following web site related to SecurityFighter:
The first thing to try as usual is to try to remove SecurityFighter from the control panel and your add/remove programs dialog. If that doesn’t work, then the next step is to download malwarebytes antimwalware from the virus removal toolkit page. Update and run this program. If it is unable to remove files you may either try to reboot into safe mode and rerun the scan or try to kill off the following process in task manager:
The following DLL should be deleted and unregistered:
After this you may rerun your malwarebytes antivirus scan or proceed with manually removing the following files and their folders:
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter1 SecurityFighter.lnk
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter2 Homepage.lnk
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter3 Uninstall.lnk
It should be noted that some of the filenames above are likely randomized and you should use this as the beginning of your search for patterns that are established with the above files. To continue with your Securityfighter removal you should next run a scan (and update) of malwarebytes antimalware. This is in case there are any leftover files, registry entries or other fun “gifts” from this rogue application.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove KeepCop | Keep Cop Removal Guide KeepCop is yet another of those rogue antivirus applications that seem to be such a plague on computer users today. These rogue security applications usually installed without permission, or by means of trickery claiming to be a video codec or flash player update. Further they will start out on your......
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide SoftStronghold is the latest rogue antivirus application in the LONG line of Wini rogues... Softveteran was the most recent (see the softveteran removal guide) but.... SoftCop (see the SoftCop removal guide.) But, the line goes much further back.... Softsoldier (How to remove SoftSoldier), ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal......
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide GreatDefender is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family. It is installed onto a system through the use of trojans and other malware which should give you an indication that it is not something that you want on your system. (It's usually a bad sign when you don't know......
- Free Spyware Removal Software I do not recommend using free spyware removal software for many reason but if your going to you might as well use the best free spyware products out there. In the end of this article we will tell you why not to use these programs as your main source of......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- 5 Free Security Softwares - Must Use Here are 5 Free Security Softwares that you can use to combat your fear against Adwares, Viruses, Trojans, etc. 1.Avast Home Edition: Best Free Antivirus Avast is one of the best antiviruses I recommend to my friends. It is free and has many features which many of the Antiviruses lack.......
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide