SecurityFighter is making the rounds as yet another rogue security application. It installs itself via trojans and web popups and creates files that it then claims are viral and need to be cleaned out for your computer to be safe. Of course, they never can do that without you first paying for the program. This is the latest version of the WiniSoft malware family and resembles very closely the SaveDefender rogue application (see how to remove savedefender.) So, it’s no surprise that the SecurityFIghter Removal is very similar:
Before attempting the removal it would be best to block the following web site related to SecurityFighter:
The first thing to try as usual is to try to remove SecurityFighter from the control panel and your add/remove programs dialog. If that doesn’t work, then the next step is to download malwarebytes antimwalware from the virus removal toolkit page. Update and run this program. If it is unable to remove files you may either try to reboot into safe mode and rerun the scan or try to kill off the following process in task manager:
The following DLL should be deleted and unregistered:
After this you may rerun your malwarebytes antivirus scan or proceed with manually removing the following files and their folders:
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter1 SecurityFighter.lnk
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter2 Homepage.lnk
%Docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSecurityFighter3 Uninstall.lnk
It should be noted that some of the filenames above are likely randomized and you should use this as the beginning of your search for patterns that are established with the above files. To continue with your Securityfighter removal you should next run a scan (and update) of malwarebytes antimalware. This is in case there are any leftover files, registry entries or other fun “gifts” from this rogue application.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove BlockDefense | Block Defense Removal Blockdefense is yet another of these wolves in sheep clothing that make some computer users lives so miserable these days. It is from the same group of malware that includes Trustninja, save soldier, and savedefense. These are part of a group of rogue antivirus programs that are part of the......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal Yes, it's another rogue antivirus package that causes all sorts of headaches, popups, false warnings and yes, you have to pay to solve the problems it claims to find. Essentially the software, when installed creates lot's of files that on scanning your system it "discovers" and claims they are a......
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide SoftStronghold is the latest rogue antivirus application in the LONG line of Wini rogues... Softveteran was the most recent (see the softveteran removal guide) but.... SoftCop (see the SoftCop removal guide.) But, the line goes much further back.... Softsoldier (How to remove SoftSoldier), ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal......
- Blue Screen: Pc Crash or Registry Error? Kelly Liyakasa is staff writer for 6StarReviews.com. Kelly Staller is site manager at 6StarReviews.com, a site dedicated to giving YOU, the consumer, the best product and service reviews around. If you like saving time and money by having someone else review leading sites and products, then Visit our site at......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- 5 Free Security Softwares - Must Use Here are 5 Free Security Softwares that you can use to combat your fear against Adwares, Viruses, Trojans, etc. 1.Avast Home Edition: Best Free Antivirus Avast is one of the best antiviruses I recommend to my friends. It is free and has many features which many of the Antiviruses lack.......
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide