TrustSoldier is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same family of rogue antivirus that includes: SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other names. (Realize most of these variations are just in the last 2 weeks!) The software pops up fake scans of your system scaring you into thinking that there are viruses or other security problems on your computer and if you pay them they will make the problems go away. Read on for how to remove trustsoldier:
First I would start by downloading and installing malwarebytes antimalware from the virus removal toolkit page. Then install, update and run a full scan. If this rogue prevents you from doing so you may try the following tricks to help: 1) reboot into safe mode and retry installing and scanning. 2) rename the mbam.exe installer program to something else (anythingelse.exe) then rerun and attempt to update and scan. 3) kill off any running processes using the task manager that may be related to TrustSoldier.
You may make use of the list of files below to know what may need to be terminated using the task manager. These files would need to be deleted if you have to proceed with a manual removal of trustsoldier:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier1 TrustSoldier.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier3 Uninstall.lnk
After a manual removal of the above files you should still run a full scan of your system with a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware as well as a legitimate antivirus application. This should complete the removal of trustsoldier.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus Ghost Antivirus is a rogue antivirus application that is the successor to Antivirus Pro. This rogue is pushed through trojan horse activity and aggressive advertising tactics. It makes things very challenging to remove this rogue because it disables task manager, as well as any security programs that it detects. It......
- How to Remove SecureKeeper | Secure Keeper Removal SecureKeeper is a rogue antivirus application in the Wini family (with their recent new look user interface.) The Wini family is a very long running line of rogue security applications that have been producing two to three different rogues each week. Of course, the primary changes are the names, but......
- How to Remove Eco Antivirus 2010 | Eco Antivirus 2010 Removal Guide Eco Antivirus 2010 is a slight twist (renaming) of the recent Eco Antivirus rogue that has made the rounds. These rogues pretend to be antivirus, or antispyware software, but in reality are not much more than a scam trying to squeeze money out of unsuspecting computer users. These rogue applications......
- Lump Sum Vs Annuity For Retirement Retirement can be another uncertain chapter in a person’s financial life. Investment options such as 401K’s, pensions, and Roth IRAs all have benefits and drawbacks for individuals entering the golden years of their lives. Which is the best option for you? Which is the best option for your family? Your......
- FREE AntiVirus Software FREE AVG Anti-virus Software Review Magnanimously protecting your PC... While many of my readers have heard of AVG Free Edition, many still have not so, I thought I would go over the Anti-virus software that protects many of my personal PC's from the wild west internet. As far as AV......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustCop | TrustCop Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide