TrustSoldier is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same family of rogue antivirus that includes: SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other names. (Realize most of these variations are just in the last 2 weeks!) The software pops up fake scans of your system scaring you into thinking that there are viruses or other security problems on your computer and if you pay them they will make the problems go away. Read on for how to remove trustsoldier:
First I would start by downloading and installing malwarebytes antimalware from the virus removal toolkit page. Then install, update and run a full scan. If this rogue prevents you from doing so you may try the following tricks to help: 1) reboot into safe mode and retry installing and scanning. 2) rename the mbam.exe installer program to something else (anythingelse.exe) then rerun and attempt to update and scan. 3) kill off any running processes using the task manager that may be related to TrustSoldier.
You may make use of the list of files below to know what may need to be terminated using the task manager. These files would need to be deleted if you have to proceed with a manual removal of trustsoldier:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier1 TrustSoldier.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier3 Uninstall.lnk
After a manual removal of the above files you should still run a full scan of your system with a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware as well as a legitimate antivirus application. This should complete the removal of trustsoldier.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SoftSoldier | Soft Soldier Removal Guide Soft Soldier is yet another entry in the long wini line of rogue antivirus applications. ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal guide and the following others... SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other......
- How to Remove Personal Security | Personal Security Removal Guide Personal Security is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same (dreaded) family as the Cyber Security rogue. It usually installs on the users computer without the permission of the computer user. Once installed on the system it will then perform supposed scans finding lots of virus infected files......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus Ghost Antivirus is a rogue antivirus application that is the successor to Antivirus Pro. This rogue is pushed through trojan horse activity and aggressive advertising tactics. It makes things very challenging to remove this rogue because it disables task manager, as well as any security programs that it detects. It......
- Antivirus Software Vs. Internet Security Software Lots of individuals believe that antivirus software and internet security software are same. While they protect your PC and avoid it from being attacked and infected by threats, they have exact roles in terms of defense and safety for your PC. Antivirus software can be installed on your personal computer......
- How To Remove Vista Internet Security 2011 Virus You may be the latest victim of Vista Internet Security 2011. This name-changing virus has the different version, but no matter what version you have, the issues are the equivalent. The cyberpunks who formulated this virus were quite professional to make the program dynamically change its name according to windows......
- Spyware Elimination - How To Get Best Software To Remove Worst Spyware As soon as you go home you find a flyer on the porch. The exact set of shoes in the store was seen on the flyer. So the question here unanswered is how did they come to know? Is it a matter of coincidence? No, this is because of software......
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustCop | TrustCop Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide