TrustSoldier is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same family of rogue antivirus that includes: SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other names. (Realize most of these variations are just in the last 2 weeks!) The software pops up fake scans of your system scaring you into thinking that there are viruses or other security problems on your computer and if you pay them they will make the problems go away. Read on for how to remove trustsoldier:
First I would start by downloading and installing malwarebytes antimalware from the virus removal toolkit page. Then install, update and run a full scan. If this rogue prevents you from doing so you may try the following tricks to help: 1) reboot into safe mode and retry installing and scanning. 2) rename the mbam.exe installer program to something else (anythingelse.exe) then rerun and attempt to update and scan. 3) kill off any running processes using the task manager that may be related to TrustSoldier.
You may make use of the list of files below to know what may need to be terminated using the task manager. These files would need to be deleted if you have to proceed with a manual removal of trustsoldier:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier1 TrustSoldier.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsTrustSoldier3 Uninstall.lnk
After a manual removal of the above files you should still run a full scan of your system with a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware as well as a legitimate antivirus application. This should complete the removal of trustsoldier.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SecureKeeper | Secure Keeper Removal SecureKeeper is a rogue antivirus application in the Wini family (with their recent new look user interface.) The Wini family is a very long running line of rogue security applications that have been producing two to three different rogues each week. Of course, the primary changes are the names, but......
- How to Remove Desktop Security 2010 | Desktop Security 2010 Removal Guide Desktop Security 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It is a successor to Total PC Defender and installs on your pc without permission through the use of malware. Once on your system it will create numerous files that it then finds during scheduled scans and it claims these files are......
- How to Remove Personal Security | Personal Security Removal Guide Personal Security is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same (dreaded) family as the Cyber Security rogue. It usually installs on the users computer without the permission of the computer user. Once installed on the system it will then perform supposed scans finding lots of virus infected files......
- Unseeded Champion Wins the Legg Mason Tennis Classic There is never a greater victory in tennis than when a relatively unheard of tennis player rises to the occasion and wins the title at a tournament. This is what happened this week at the Legg Mason Tennis Classic. Those in the audience watched as Radek Stepanek took the title......
- Lump Sum Vs Annuity For Retirement Retirement can be another uncertain chapter in a person’s financial life. Investment options such as 401K’s, pensions, and Roth IRAs all have benefits and drawbacks for individuals entering the golden years of their lives. Which is the best option for you? Which is the best option for your family? Your......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustCop | TrustCop Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide