All right, now it’s time to give ad-aware a spin. I like being able to use several spyware scanners to get full coverage and cleaning. Ad-aware and spybot s&d are usually my first two choices. Realize that I’ve already taken a pass at this machine with AVG, BHODemon (for the browser helper objects) and Spybot S&D. Ad-aware finds a total of 700+ items.
Ad-Aware SE Build 1.06r1
Logfile Created on:Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:54:55 PM
Created with Ad-Aware SE Personal, free for private use.
Using definitions file:SE1R78 07.12.2005
References detected during the scan:
404search(TAC index:5):6 total references
AdRotator(TAC index:6):190 total references
Alexa(TAC index:5):8 total references
BookedSpace(TAC index:10):2 total references
BroadCastPC(TAC index:7):38 total references
Favoriteman(TAC index:8):5 total references
Hi-Wire(TAC index:4):13 total references
Possible Browser Hijack attempt(TAC index:3):1 total references
SecondThought(TAC index:4):19 total references
ServerLogic.Hyperlinker(TAC index:7):2 total references
TopMoxie(TAC index:3):2 total references
Tracking Cookie(TAC index:3):434 total references
TVMedia(TAC index:5):3 total references
VX2(TAC index:10):8 total references
Zoombar(TAC index:5):1 total references
Ok – to be fair 434 of those are tracking cookies and most of these items have multiple hits… so 700+ might be a bit overambitious.
Anyway… Most of the finds were registry entries or tracking cookies. Some were stranded files from the malwares. None of the memory resident processes were malware.
Conditional scan result:
New critical objects: 205
Objects found so far: 732
11:31:23 PM Scan Complete
Summary Of This Scan
Total scanning time:00:36:27.740
New critical objects:732
The system seems to be doing well… time for Windows updates.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Total PC Defender | Total PC Defender Removal Guide Total PC Defender is a rogue antivirus application that installs via malware and trojans. The software then runs each time the system boots and will run a fake scan that is designed to scare the user. This scan will find security problems, numerous viruses and they will further claim that......
- Would you trust antispyware that installed adware? There are a couple stories on spywarecleaner's recent practice of bundling whenu with the free version of their "antispyware scanner". According to spyware confidential, SpywareCleaner made the rogue antispyware products list and was delisted after they corrected some "issues". Now, they've been relisted due to the adware bundling of WhenU......
- Disinfecting a PC... part 2 Ok, the last post got a bit long with the hijackthis log, but I wanted to include the whole picture. I put a few comments in, but thought it might be useful to include the notes I took at the time. For starters I leave it unplugged from the network.......
- Passive Income Update For August 2008 Finally got some time to add up all the passive income for the month of August. While June was a record breaking month with over $3,300 in passive income, July and August have been pretty lackluster in comparison. July's income was $2,115.61 and August's total was hardly any better with......
- Gators Take Tennessee Down with 23 - 13 SEC play opened up with a game between Tennessee and Florida, and the Florida Gators mopped the floor with the Tennessee Volunteers in front of a school record of 90,894 fans that gathered at the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on Saturday so that they could watch the No.1 team,......
- Morgan Silver Dollar Coin Collecting -> US Coins -> Dollar Coins -> Morgan (1878-1921): 1878-1921, 1885-93, 1894-98, 1899-1904, 1921 The Morgan Silver Dollar is considered by many to be one of the most valuable US coins that you can collect. It’s history ranges from 1878 to 1904, and during its run, it was......
- Antispyware products put to a test
- Disinfecting a PC… part 7
- Update on Long registry entries bug
- Nasty regedit bug
- Disinfecting a PC… part 10