Picking up from last time… AVG was failing to install with a peculiar registry error. (Which I didn’t see much reference to online.) OK, so here is another fruit of the online search (so many bugs to identify…)
jawa32.exe is listed as spyware.seekseek in sarc’s database.
OK – let’s see if we can kill of some of these suspects… it’s time for a couple cycles of ctrl-alt-del to remove running processes that look suspect, followed by msconfig – disabling of processes running at boot, reboot, repeat.
That’s a process that’s not always successful, many bugs are pretty quick to relaunch or rewrite entries in the startup areas. Fortunately these were pretty quickly vanquished and I felt like I actually had a foothold of sorts on the system. The failed antivirus install was still troublesome though. Maybe I should scan the registry. (Start, run… )
Try running scanregw
Start browsing… find…
c:windowsregedit.exe_ and c:windowsscanregw.exe_ rename and run – registry scanned and fixed, reboot.
Install AVG – successful. Update AVG from a downloaded update (and burn to disc) and start a full scan. We’re still not connected to the network. At this point in the process we’re still using utilities from discs and copying log files to floppy disc.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove LinkSafeness | LinkSafeness Removal Guide LinkSafeness is a rogue security application that sports the new design that the Wini family of Rogue Antivirus has been using. It is usually installed through sites that claim you need a video codec or flash player update in order to view a video clip. Once established on your system......
- How to Remove SoftBarrier | SoftBarrier Removal Guide Softbarrier is the latest in the long line of Wini rogue antivirus programs that include.... Shieldsafeness (see the shieldsafeness removal guide) as well as... SoftStronghold (softstronghold removal guide) and succeeds the following variants in this prolific family.... Softveteran (see the softveteran removal guide) but.... SoftCop (see the SoftCop removal guide.)......
- How to Remove Antivirus System Pro | Antivirus System Pro Removal Guide Last week I had the opportunity to remove Antivirus System Pro from not one, but two machines. Given that I was seeing it a bit more frequently I thought it might be a new rogue antivirus application, but I quickly found out that it's been out at least since June......
- Stop Registry Errors - Learn How to Fix Windows Registry Errors the Easy Way When Microsoft Windows registry errors suddenly come out on your computer, you must know that a person does not really have a lot of alternatives. The first alternative is said to be the easy way out because it just involves you ignoring the registry problems shown to you by your......
- Working Out with My Family Over the last week or so I decided to institute a "Family Workout" routine. It basically consists of the entire family (me, my wife, and our 2 year old daughter) going to the park or going out for walks. Something, anything. My wife has been on me for months about......
- Increase Computer Speed Fast - The Best Online Tool to Fix the Registry For LIGHTNING Fast PC Speed! It's actually not that difficult to increase computer speed. As a matter of fact, I was able to increase the speed on my laptop in a matter of just a few minutes! Listen, take just 50 seconds out of your day to read on and discover the best tool to......
- Disinfecting a PC… part 7
- C:\windows\system32\kernels64.exe not found
- How to Remove SystemCleanerPro | SystemCleanerPro Removal Guide
- Task manager has been disabled by your administrator
- Removing items from MSCONFIG after WMF exploit