APCSecure is yet another rogue antivirus application from the prolific and annoying wini family of rogues. This particular variant also comes with a rootkit called TDL3. Trojans are used to promote this rogue antivirus and you will likely find that it will create multiple empty files on your computer that it will then find during scans and claim that they are all virus infected files. Like most all rogues it will also claim that your only hope to fix the security problems on your pc is to purchase their software. This is a scam, do not let them separate you from your hard earned money. Read on for how to remove apcsecure.
You will see the following alerts along with a spoofed version of the windows security center when your pc is infected with this rogue antivirus application:
Ihr Computer ist mit Spionprogramm infektioniert. Das kann Ihren Dateien und die im Internet zugänglich machen. Klicken bitte hier, um Ihre Kopie von APcSecure zu registrieren und Ihr PC von Spyprogramm frei zu machen.
Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of APcSecure and remove spyware threats from your PC.
Votre ordinateur est infecté de spyware. Il pourrait endommager vos fichiers critiques ou exposer vos données prives sur ‘Internet. Cliquez ici pour enregistrer votre copie de APcSecure et enléver des menaces spyware de votre OP.
Il suo computer è infetto di spyware. Puo dannegiare i suoi files criticali rivelare i suoi dati personali nell’Internet. Clicca qui per registrare la sua coppia di APcSecure e rimouvere le minacce di spyware dal suo computer.
Disregard this and any other warnings that this rogue gives as you proceed to eliminate apcsecure from your machine. You may first wish to visit the control panel, add/remove programs and see if it is possible to uninstall apcsecure. If this works, things will be quite easy. Follow that up with a scan from a malware removal tool such as malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware and then follow THAT up with a scan from a reputable antivirus application.
If the uninstall route fails, the next thing to try is a scan of your machine with the portable scanner from superantispyware. You can find a link to download it on my virus removal toolkit page. It will have a different filename each time it’s downloaded and is rebuilt daily with the latest definitions, so…. make sure to take note of the filename as it downloads and don’t worry about updating it before a scan if you’re downloading it fresh for the removal of apcsecure. Scan and use it to remove anything detected as a rogue.
If you wish to try for a more manual removal of apcsecure you should know that the files listed below have been reported associated with this rogue antivirus application.
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure1 APcSecure.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure3 Uninstall.lnk
Even after a complete manual removal of apcsecure (or automated removal of apcsecure ) you should follow up with several more malware removal and antivirus scans until they come up clean. Make sure that for each you are making use of reputable applications for the scans.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Remove Personal Guard 2009 | Personal Guard 2009 Removal Personal Guard 2009 is another rogue antivirus application that is installed through sites that claim your pc is infected with various problems. These online "scans" will encourage you to download personal guard 2009 so that you can clean up your system. Then when Personal Guard 2009 runs it's scan it......
- How to Remove DefendAPC | DefendAPC Removal Guide DefendAPC is the latest variation on the Wini family of rogue antivirus. It is typically promoted via the use of trojans, malware and aggressive advertising. Once installed on the system it will run supposed scans of the system claiming that you have viruses on your system and that you have......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal Yes, it's another rogue antivirus package that causes all sorts of headaches, popups, false warnings and yes, you have to pay to solve the problems it claims to find. Essentially the software, when installed creates lot's of files that on scanning your system it "discovers" and claims they are a......
- Rebit Inc. Try Rebit 5 Backup Software - Free for 30 DaysRebit Inc. is a software company committed to delivering fully-automatic and complete PC backup and recovery, removing the burden of managing backup from users. Rebit was named a 2009 and 2010 CRN Emerging Vendor by Computer Reseller News, and Rebit......
- Comparison Between Free Of Charge And Paid Web Comparison between free of charge and paid Web security software has turn into a main subject of discussion amongst probably the most of all computer users recently. Numerous people who have employed both free of charge as well as paid Web security software place their strong opinions. Although many people......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiKeep | AntiKeep Removal Guide