APCSecure is yet another rogue antivirus application from the prolific and annoying wini family of rogues. This particular variant also comes with a rootkit called TDL3. Trojans are used to promote this rogue antivirus and you will likely find that it will create multiple empty files on your computer that it will then find during scans and claim that they are all virus infected files. Like most all rogues it will also claim that your only hope to fix the security problems on your pc is to purchase their software. This is a scam, do not let them separate you from your hard earned money. Read on for how to remove apcsecure.
You will see the following alerts along with a spoofed version of the windows security center when your pc is infected with this rogue antivirus application:
Ihr Computer ist mit Spionprogramm infektioniert. Das kann Ihren Dateien und die im Internet zugänglich machen. Klicken bitte hier, um Ihre Kopie von APcSecure zu registrieren und Ihr PC von Spyprogramm frei zu machen.
Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of APcSecure and remove spyware threats from your PC.
Votre ordinateur est infecté de spyware. Il pourrait endommager vos fichiers critiques ou exposer vos données prives sur ‘Internet. Cliquez ici pour enregistrer votre copie de APcSecure et enléver des menaces spyware de votre OP.
Il suo computer è infetto di spyware. Puo dannegiare i suoi files criticali rivelare i suoi dati personali nell’Internet. Clicca qui per registrare la sua coppia di APcSecure e rimouvere le minacce di spyware dal suo computer.
Disregard this and any other warnings that this rogue gives as you proceed to eliminate apcsecure from your machine. You may first wish to visit the control panel, add/remove programs and see if it is possible to uninstall apcsecure. If this works, things will be quite easy. Follow that up with a scan from a malware removal tool such as malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware and then follow THAT up with a scan from a reputable antivirus application.
If the uninstall route fails, the next thing to try is a scan of your machine with the portable scanner from superantispyware. You can find a link to download it on my virus removal toolkit page. It will have a different filename each time it’s downloaded and is rebuilt daily with the latest definitions, so…. make sure to take note of the filename as it downloads and don’t worry about updating it before a scan if you’re downloading it fresh for the removal of apcsecure. Scan and use it to remove anything detected as a rogue.
If you wish to try for a more manual removal of apcsecure you should know that the files listed below have been reported associated with this rogue antivirus application.
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure1 APcSecure.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure3 Uninstall.lnk
Even after a complete manual removal of apcsecure (or automated removal of apcsecure ) you should follow up with several more malware removal and antivirus scans until they come up clean. Make sure that for each you are making use of reputable applications for the scans.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide GreatDefender is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family. It is installed onto a system through the use of trojans and other malware which should give you an indication that it is not something that you want on your system. (It's usually a bad sign when you don't know......
- How to Remove DefendAPC | DefendAPC Removal Guide DefendAPC is the latest variation on the Wini family of rogue antivirus. It is typically promoted via the use of trojans, malware and aggressive advertising. Once installed on the system it will run supposed scans of the system claiming that you have viruses on your system and that you have......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal Yes, it's another rogue antivirus package that causes all sorts of headaches, popups, false warnings and yes, you have to pay to solve the problems it claims to find. Essentially the software, when installed creates lot's of files that on scanning your system it "discovers" and claims they are a......
- Five Ways to Get Cheap and Free Microsoft Software Most of us get Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office with our computer systems when we buy our computers and really have no idea how much of the price of a computer system those two pieces of software represent. If you've ever went out and tried to buy a copy of......
- File Sharing Applications: Another way to be a victim of identity theft… If you are using a peer-to-peer file-sharing program to download music and videos, you may be a prime candidate for Identity Theft. Applications such as Limewire, Edonkey and numerous others on the Internet may also allow individuals to download personal documents from your computer at will. The issue stems from......
- External Hard Drive Recovery Strategies There are many ways that can be done right before a external hard drive recovery has to be performed. Recovery software installation on the internal drive is necessary to retrieve lost data from an external hard drive . It is significant to guarantee that the used software will operate......
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiKeep | AntiKeep Removal Guide