APCSecure is yet another rogue antivirus application from the prolific and annoying wini family of rogues. This particular variant also comes with a rootkit called TDL3. Trojans are used to promote this rogue antivirus and you will likely find that it will create multiple empty files on your computer that it will then find during scans and claim that they are all virus infected files. Like most all rogues it will also claim that your only hope to fix the security problems on your pc is to purchase their software. This is a scam, do not let them separate you from your hard earned money. Read on for how to remove apcsecure.
You will see the following alerts along with a spoofed version of the windows security center when your pc is infected with this rogue antivirus application:
Ihr Computer ist mit Spionprogramm infektioniert. Das kann Ihren Dateien und die im Internet zugänglich machen. Klicken bitte hier, um Ihre Kopie von APcSecure zu registrieren und Ihr PC von Spyprogramm frei zu machen.
Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of APcSecure and remove spyware threats from your PC.
Votre ordinateur est infecté de spyware. Il pourrait endommager vos fichiers critiques ou exposer vos données prives sur ‘Internet. Cliquez ici pour enregistrer votre copie de APcSecure et enléver des menaces spyware de votre OP.
Il suo computer è infetto di spyware. Puo dannegiare i suoi files criticali rivelare i suoi dati personali nell’Internet. Clicca qui per registrare la sua coppia di APcSecure e rimouvere le minacce di spyware dal suo computer.
Disregard this and any other warnings that this rogue gives as you proceed to eliminate apcsecure from your machine. You may first wish to visit the control panel, add/remove programs and see if it is possible to uninstall apcsecure. If this works, things will be quite easy. Follow that up with a scan from a malware removal tool such as malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware and then follow THAT up with a scan from a reputable antivirus application.
If the uninstall route fails, the next thing to try is a scan of your machine with the portable scanner from superantispyware. You can find a link to download it on my virus removal toolkit page. It will have a different filename each time it’s downloaded and is rebuilt daily with the latest definitions, so…. make sure to take note of the filename as it downloads and don’t worry about updating it before a scan if you’re downloading it fresh for the removal of apcsecure. Scan and use it to remove anything detected as a rogue.
If you wish to try for a more manual removal of apcsecure you should know that the files listed below have been reported associated with this rogue antivirus application.
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure1 APcSecure.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAPcSecure3 Uninstall.lnk
Even after a complete manual removal of apcsecure (or automated removal of apcsecure ) you should follow up with several more malware removal and antivirus scans until they come up clean. Make sure that for each you are making use of reputable applications for the scans.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove DefendAPC | DefendAPC Removal Guide DefendAPC is the latest variation on the Wini family of rogue antivirus. It is typically promoted via the use of trojans, malware and aggressive advertising. Once installed on the system it will run supposed scans of the system claiming that you have viruses on your system and that you have......
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide GreatDefender is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family. It is installed onto a system through the use of trojans and other malware which should give you an indication that it is not something that you want on your system. (It's usually a bad sign when you don't know......
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide Data Doctor 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It will pop up warnings and claim that your system is infected with viruses or has other security problems. In reality the worst problem you have is that Data Doctor 2010 is on your system. It will further claim that it can......
- Comparison Between Free Of Charge And Paid Web Comparison between free of charge and paid Web security software has turn into a main subject of discussion amongst probably the most of all computer users recently. Numerous people who have employed both free of charge as well as paid Web security software place their strong opinions. Although many people......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- How to Remove Sliding Shower Doors If you are thinking about removing sliding shower doors for your next do-it-yourself project, you need to be informed on proper steps and technique. These steps will help to ensure that the door is removed properly, reducing the potential for any damage done to your ceiling, walls, and floor. Remove......
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiKeep | AntiKeep Removal Guide