Desktop Security 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It is a successor to Total PC Defender and installs on your pc without permission through the use of malware. Once on your system it will create numerous files that it then finds during scheduled scans and it claims these files are virus infected. It will scan at windows startup and claim these files and some legitimate files are infected with viruses and the only way it can clean them is if you purchase the software. If the files listed are removed it can damage your system. Obviously, this is a scam just to get your money, read on for how to remove desktop security 2010.
You will see many pop up warnings and errors from this rogue including the following:
Warning! Running trial version!
Your computer has been compromised! Now running trial version of the software! Click here to purchase the full version of the software and get full protection for your PC!
Security Center Alert
To help protect your computer, Desktop Security 2010 has blocked some features of this program.
Description Sft.dez.Wien is a virus attempts to spread itself by attaching to a host program, and can damage hardware, software or data in the process. This worm can be blocked from firewall and antivirus software.
Your online guard helps to stop unauthorized changes to your computer
Details: Spyware detected on your computer
Your computer might be at risk
Antivirus detects viruses, worms, and Trojan horses. They can (and do) destroy data, format your hard disk or can destroy the BIOS. By destroying the BIOS many times you end up buying a new motherboard or if the bios chip is removable then that chip would need replacing.
Click this balloon to fix this problem.
No firewall is turned on
Automatic Updates is turned off
Antivirus software might not be activated
Click this balloon to fix this problem.
All of these errors should be disregarded as you work to remove desktop security 2010. Your first stop for this removal should be the control panel and then the add/remove programs applet. From there you should try to uninstall desktop security 2010. This may or may not be successful. If it is, congratulations…. follow that uninstall up with a scan using malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware. Then follow THAT up with a scan using a reputable antivirus application.
If the uninstall approach didn’t work, you can next try to remove desktop security 2010 using the portable scanner from superantispyware. There is a download link on my virus removal toolkit page. When it downloads it will be given a random name, so make note of the name as it downloads so you can find it later. Also, it is rebuilt daily so it should have the latest definition updates so you should not need to run an update before scanning.
Run a scan with the portable scanner and clean out everything that it finds. Then scan again and again until the system comes clean. If you are interested in performing a manual removal of desktop security 2010 you should make note of the following files and folders to delete:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010Activate Desktop Security 2010.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010Desktop Security 2010.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010Help Desktop Security 2010.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010How to Activate Desktop Security 2010.lnk
%user%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchDesktop Security 2010.lnk
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010daily.cvd
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010Desktop Security 2010.exe
c:Program Files%progfiles%%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010hjengine.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010mfc71.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010MFC71ENU.DLL
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010msvcp71.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010msvcr71.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010pthreadVC2.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010securitycenter.exe
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010taskmgr.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010uninstall.exe
Follow up any removal of desktop security 2010 with a scan from a trusted, reputable malware removal tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware. Then you should follow up with a scan from a trusted antivirus application. Make certain that you are using reputable tools. Free is fine, an online scanner is okay, just make sure that they are reputable.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide Data Doctor 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It will pop up warnings and claim that your system is infected with viruses or has other security problems. In reality the worst problem you have is that Data Doctor 2010 is on your system. It will further claim that it can......
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide Proving once again that it takes little creativity to put out rogue antivirus applications, the same group that was behind secure fighter (securefighter removal guide) have renamed their software again and one of the more recent versions is called securewarrior. Read on for a guide to the removal of securewarrior.......
- How to Remove AntiKeep | AntiKeep Removal Guide AntiKeep is a rogue antivirus application from the same family as ReAnti and AntiAdd which we've written about in the last few days. Like many of these rogue application they will try to trick you into consenting to install it, or install without your permission. They will claim that there......
- Free Business Software - Open Office Vs Microsoft Office For many small businesses Microsoft Office is a GOLD standard software package. It includes Excel for accounting, tracking inventory, developing spreadsheets, etc. I have been working with Excel since it was introduced and it has gotten better and better every year. With someone who knows what they are doing......
- Solidifying WP Security Designed with PHP, and powered by mySQL directories, WordPress is used by an amazing 8.5% of all websites. Web delivered spyware and web page hacking are becoming progressively more common. With such a lot of web content using WordPress as a CMS, any security weaknesses in the CMS structure or......
- Social Security's Death Clock Ticks Faster this Year [Today's guest post is by Kosmo, a man with more irons in the fire than your local iron incinerator. He recently launched a consulting business (Sparks by Kosmo) and announced plans to publish a book on the lives of sports card collectors. Today, as he pursues a run at the......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- How to Remove APCSafe | APCSafe Removal Guide