Desktop Security 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It is a successor to Total PC Defender and installs on your pc without permission through the use of malware. Once on your system it will create numerous files that it then finds during scheduled scans and it claims these files are virus infected. It will scan at windows startup and claim these files and some legitimate files are infected with viruses and the only way it can clean them is if you purchase the software. If the files listed are removed it can damage your system. Obviously, this is a scam just to get your money, read on for how to remove desktop security 2010.
You will see many pop up warnings and errors from this rogue including the following:
Warning! Running trial version!
Your computer has been compromised! Now running trial version of the software! Click here to purchase the full version of the software and get full protection for your PC!
Security Center Alert
To help protect your computer, Desktop Security 2010 has blocked some features of this program.
Description Sft.dez.Wien is a virus attempts to spread itself by attaching to a host program, and can damage hardware, software or data in the process. This worm can be blocked from firewall and antivirus software.
Your online guard helps to stop unauthorized changes to your computer
Details: Spyware detected on your computer
Your computer might be at risk
Antivirus detects viruses, worms, and Trojan horses. They can (and do) destroy data, format your hard disk or can destroy the BIOS. By destroying the BIOS many times you end up buying a new motherboard or if the bios chip is removable then that chip would need replacing.
Click this balloon to fix this problem.
No firewall is turned on
Automatic Updates is turned off
Antivirus software might not be activated
Click this balloon to fix this problem.
All of these errors should be disregarded as you work to remove desktop security 2010. Your first stop for this removal should be the control panel and then the add/remove programs applet. From there you should try to uninstall desktop security 2010. This may or may not be successful. If it is, congratulations…. follow that uninstall up with a scan using malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware. Then follow THAT up with a scan using a reputable antivirus application.
If the uninstall approach didn’t work, you can next try to remove desktop security 2010 using the portable scanner from superantispyware. There is a download link on my virus removal toolkit page. When it downloads it will be given a random name, so make note of the name as it downloads so you can find it later. Also, it is rebuilt daily so it should have the latest definition updates so you should not need to run an update before scanning.
Run a scan with the portable scanner and clean out everything that it finds. Then scan again and again until the system comes clean. If you are interested in performing a manual removal of desktop security 2010 you should make note of the following files and folders to delete:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010Activate Desktop Security 2010.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010Desktop Security 2010.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010Help Desktop Security 2010.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsDesktop Security 2010How to Activate Desktop Security 2010.lnk
%user%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchDesktop Security 2010.lnk
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010daily.cvd
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010Desktop Security 2010.exe
c:Program Files%progfiles%%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010hjengine.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010mfc71.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010MFC71ENU.DLL
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010msvcp71.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010msvcr71.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010pthreadVC2.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010securitycenter.exe
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010taskmgr.dll
%progfiles%Desktop Security 2010uninstall.exe
Follow up any removal of desktop security 2010 with a scan from a trusted, reputable malware removal tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware. Then you should follow up with a scan from a trusted antivirus application. Make certain that you are using reputable tools. Free is fine, an online scanner is okay, just make sure that they are reputable.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide Data Doctor 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It will pop up warnings and claim that your system is infected with viruses or has other security problems. In reality the worst problem you have is that Data Doctor 2010 is on your system. It will further claim that it can......
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide Personal Protector is a rogue antivirus program that is advertised through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. Fake scan sites are web pages that upon loading appear to be running a virus scan or other check of your local computer. In reality these are usually simply an animation and every......
- How to Remove RESpyWare | RESpyWare Removal Guide ReSpyWare is a rogue antivirus/ antimalware application in the same family as Reanti,keepcop and secure keeper and unfortunately a very very long line of other predecessors. They are not much different except in their names. Probably the biggest shared trait is the annoying warnings about supposed viruses on your computer......
- Kashflow Software Review KashFlow software is accounting software designed for small businesses. I have been using it now for a couple of years and I have to say, I love it! Its simple, quick and easy to use. I run a small business and it saves me a lot of time. I can email......
- Save Time, Money and Space in Over 80 Ways If you're looking for handy gadgets, tools and various items that can save you time, money or space (or all three!) this list of more than 80 top products is just what you need. Everyone's got saving money on their minds these days- whether your at the grocery store, or......
- Free Business Software - Open Office Vs Microsoft Office For many small businesses Microsoft Office is a GOLD standard software package. It includes Excel for accounting, tracking inventory, developing spreadsheets, etc. I have been working with Excel since it was introduced and it has gotten better and better every year. With someone who knows what they are doing......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- How to Remove APCSafe | APCSafe Removal Guide