ProtectSoldier followed right on the heels of ProtectDefender as another entry of rogue antivirus software in the notorious and prolific wini family of rogues. Like all of them it is installed via trojan horses and pushed via flash player updates and video codec downloads. Once installed on a system it will create numerous files to scan and then later claim are virus infected. Further it will run each startup and scan your computer claiming multiple security problems with your pc. It is at this point that it will tell you that in order to fix all the problems on your computer you must purchase this software. This is a scam…. read on for how to remove protectsoldier.
Among the alerts that this rogue pops up are:
Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of ProtectSoldier and remove spyware threats from your PC.
The first step you should take to remove protectsoldier or any other unwanted piece of software is to go to the control panel, add/remove programs and attempt to uninstall protectsoldier there. It may not be possible to do this, but is always worth a try with these rogues. Even if it works, continue to scan with a malware removal tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware to clean the leftovers from your system. Next you should finish up with a scan from a trusted antivirus application and at this point you should have successfully removed protectsoldier.
If the above doesn’t work, your next best bet is to use the portable scanner from superantispyware to get rid of protectsoldier. You can find a download link for the portable scanner on my virus removal toolkit page. Once that is downloaded run a full scan and remove all the problem files that it finds. It will have a unique filename each time it’s downloaded so make sure to take note of the filename that is downloading.
If you need to make a manual removal of protectsoldier then you will need the following listing of filenames associated with protectsoldier:
After any protectsoldier removal you should follow up with further malware removal scans and antivirus scans. Make sure that you make use of trusted tools such as malwarebytes or superantispyware for malware removal and trusted antivirus such as avg, avira, avast, etc. Free scanners and online scanners are okay, just make sure they have a good reputation.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove AntiAid | AntiAid Removal Guide AntiAid is a rogue antivirus/security program that is from the Wini family of Rogues. This is a bit of a departure from much of the long recent history of these rogues due to a new user interface. This rogue (and it's family) is usually advertised (pushed would be a better......
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide PCSProtector is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family of rogues. They are essentially clones of each other and all resemble each other with the minor modification of the name of the rogue and it's files. These rogues are typically distributed by trojan horse activity as well as malware......
- How To Remove Alpha Antivirus (Removal Guide) There is a new rogue among us. It appears that Alpha Antivirus has replaced Personal Antivirus as one of the latest rogue security programs. This particular rogue installs through online "scans" (popups.) The reason I say "scans" is they're essentially animations of a scan (every one that visits the site......
- Spyware Adware Removal At Free Of Cost Adware and spyware have always been a major problem of using the internet and. Because of their hostile behavior, they have turned into malware. Some people intentionally use it for identity theft purpose. Some steps can help you stay away from its hazardous behavior. Use Latest Browser Using latest and......
- Spyware Elimination - How To Get Best Software To Remove Worst Spyware As soon as you go home you find a flyer on the porch. The exact set of shoes in the store was seen on the flyer. So the question here unanswered is how did they come to know? Is it a matter of coincidence? No, this is because of software......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- How to Remove ProtectDefender | ProtectDefender Removal Guide
- How to Remove APCSecure | APCSecure Removal Guide
- How to Remove Desktop Security 2010 | Desktop Security 2010 Removal Guide
- How to Remove Antivirus PC 2009 | Antivirus PC 2009 Removal Guide
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide