ProtectSoldier followed right on the heels of ProtectDefender as another entry of rogue antivirus software in the notorious and prolific wini family of rogues. Like all of them it is installed via trojan horses and pushed via flash player updates and video codec downloads. Once installed on a system it will create numerous files to scan and then later claim are virus infected. Further it will run each startup and scan your computer claiming multiple security problems with your pc. It is at this point that it will tell you that in order to fix all the problems on your computer you must purchase this software. This is a scam…. read on for how to remove protectsoldier.
Among the alerts that this rogue pops up are:
Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of ProtectSoldier and remove spyware threats from your PC.
The first step you should take to remove protectsoldier or any other unwanted piece of software is to go to the control panel, add/remove programs and attempt to uninstall protectsoldier there. It may not be possible to do this, but is always worth a try with these rogues. Even if it works, continue to scan with a malware removal tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware to clean the leftovers from your system. Next you should finish up with a scan from a trusted antivirus application and at this point you should have successfully removed protectsoldier.
If the above doesn’t work, your next best bet is to use the portable scanner from superantispyware to get rid of protectsoldier. You can find a download link for the portable scanner on my virus removal toolkit page. Once that is downloaded run a full scan and remove all the problem files that it finds. It will have a unique filename each time it’s downloaded so make sure to take note of the filename that is downloading.
If you need to make a manual removal of protectsoldier then you will need the following listing of filenames associated with protectsoldier:
After any protectsoldier removal you should follow up with further malware removal scans and antivirus scans. Make sure that you make use of trusted tools such as malwarebytes or superantispyware for malware removal and trusted antivirus such as avg, avira, avast, etc. Free scanners and online scanners are okay, just make sure they have a good reputation.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SysDefence | Sysdefence Removal Guide Sysdefence is another rogue antivirus application from the wini family. This family of rogues has been quite prolific lately and typically is pushed on computer users through aggressive trojans that will appear on web pages masquerading as an update for flash player or a video codec for a video that......
- How to Remove APCSecure | APCSecure Removal Guide APCSecure is yet another rogue antivirus application from the prolific and annoying wini family of rogues. This particular variant also comes with a rootkit called TDL3. Trojans are used to promote this rogue antivirus and you will likely find that it will create multiple empty files on your computer that......
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide Proving once again that it takes little creativity to put out rogue antivirus applications, the same group that was behind secure fighter (securefighter removal guide) have renamed their software again and one of the more recent versions is called securewarrior. Read on for a guide to the removal of securewarrior.......
- How To Choose The Best Free Registry Cleaner Software In the case you use your PC on a daily basis, then your PC’s registry is getting more entries every day as well. The registry represents a directory that is saving the settings and options for your operating system. If you are using the Windows operating system, the Registry is......
- Bathroom Redo: Painting Ceramic Tile Painting ceramic tile is an excellent way to update a bathroom. Older bathrooms especially may have outdated colors and patterns on the walls, but on ceramic tile that's still in good shape. The idea of removing all that tile and starting with a clean slate can quickly make you decide......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- How to Remove ProtectDefender | ProtectDefender Removal Guide
- How to Remove APCSecure | APCSecure Removal Guide
- How to Remove Desktop Security 2010 | Desktop Security 2010 Removal Guide
- How to Remove Antivirus PC 2009 | Antivirus PC 2009 Removal Guide
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide