ProtectSoldier followed right on the heels of ProtectDefender as another entry of rogue antivirus software in the notorious and prolific wini family of rogues. Like all of them it is installed via trojan horses and pushed via flash player updates and video codec downloads. Once installed on a system it will create numerous files to scan and then later claim are virus infected. Further it will run each startup and scan your computer claiming multiple security problems with your pc. It is at this point that it will tell you that in order to fix all the problems on your computer you must purchase this software. This is a scam…. read on for how to remove protectsoldier.
Among the alerts that this rogue pops up are:
Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of ProtectSoldier and remove spyware threats from your PC.
The first step you should take to remove protectsoldier or any other unwanted piece of software is to go to the control panel, add/remove programs and attempt to uninstall protectsoldier there. It may not be possible to do this, but is always worth a try with these rogues. Even if it works, continue to scan with a malware removal tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware to clean the leftovers from your system. Next you should finish up with a scan from a trusted antivirus application and at this point you should have successfully removed protectsoldier.
If the above doesn’t work, your next best bet is to use the portable scanner from superantispyware to get rid of protectsoldier. You can find a download link for the portable scanner on my virus removal toolkit page. Once that is downloaded run a full scan and remove all the problem files that it finds. It will have a unique filename each time it’s downloaded so make sure to take note of the filename that is downloading.
If you need to make a manual removal of protectsoldier then you will need the following listing of filenames associated with protectsoldier:
After any protectsoldier removal you should follow up with further malware removal scans and antivirus scans. Make sure that you make use of trusted tools such as malwarebytes or superantispyware for malware removal and trusted antivirus such as avg, avira, avast, etc. Free scanners and online scanners are okay, just make sure they have a good reputation.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide Proving once again that it takes little creativity to put out rogue antivirus applications, the same group that was behind secure fighter (securefighter removal guide) have renamed their software again and one of the more recent versions is called securewarrior. Read on for a guide to the removal of securewarrior.......
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide PCSProtector is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family of rogues. They are essentially clones of each other and all resemble each other with the minor modification of the name of the rogue and it's files. These rogues are typically distributed by trojan horse activity as well as malware......
- Green AV Remove | Remove Green Antivirus 2009 I'm seeing a lot of searches for how to remove the rogue antivirus green AV. It looks like it's the latest flavor of the minute in the rogue security application crowd. My usual path for removing a rogue antivirus or antispyware application is the same as any other malware, try......
- Bathroom Redo: Painting Ceramic Tile Painting ceramic tile is an excellent way to update a bathroom. Older bathrooms especially may have outdated colors and patterns on the walls, but on ceramic tile that's still in good shape. The idea of removing all that tile and starting with a clean slate can quickly make you decide......
- Removing Caulk Guide If you are planning on putting down caulk, you probably have caulk that needs to be removed. Unless you are installing something brand new, there is likely caulk left behind that has to be taken care of. The following is a brief tutorial that will give you some useful tips......
- How to Remove Stamps From Envelopes for Stamp Collecting [/caption]Ever wonder how to remove stamps from envelopes for stamp collecting. Here are some time tips on how to do it. First you need to figure out if you should remove the stamp from the envelope at all. Some stamps are worth much more attached to the original envelope. A......
- How to Remove ProtectDefender | ProtectDefender Removal Guide
- How to Remove APCSecure | APCSecure Removal Guide
- How to Remove Desktop Security 2010 | Desktop Security 2010 Removal Guide
- How to Remove Antivirus PC 2009 | Antivirus PC 2009 Removal Guide
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide