PC Live Guard is a Rogue antivirus application that typically installs on a system through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. You will see things that pop up appearing to be a scan of your computer, but it’s really just an ad pushing this product. Once the software is on your system it will create many files that it then holds up as proof of your system being infected by viruses. It also pops up many warnings about your system security and claims that it cannot fix any of the problems until you purchase the software. Read of for how to remove PC Live Guard.
Among the files that PC Live Guard creates are the following:
All of these are created by PC Live guard and should give you one more reason not to trust it. (As if it’s advertising tactics aren’t enough.)
The first thing you may wish to do to remove PC Live Guard is to go to the control panel and visit the add/remove programs area. Here you may try to uninstall pc live guard the traditional way. It probably won’t work, but if it does count yourself fortunate and then follow up with a scan of your pc with either superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and a virus scan from a reputable source (AVG/avira/trendmicros housecall/etc.)
You can find a link to download malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. While you are there you may also wish to download process explorer as you may need to make use of it further in the removal process.
If you are unable to install malwarebytes antimalware you may try the following things. 1) rename the installer from mbam-setup.exe to something like iexplore.exe and retry the install, update and run a scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry the install, update and scan. 3) Follow the next step which will be killing off the running processes associated with PC Live Guard and then retry the install/update and scan.
The following website should be blocked if you have a way of blocking domains for your network…
The following programs should be killed off using the task manager to continue with your removal of pc live guard. If you are unable to launch the task manager you may try the following tricks: 1) copy and paste taskmgr.exe to the desktop and then rename it to something else (firefox.exe) and retry running it. 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the processes are running (they may not load in safe mode.) 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the following programs:
There may be a randomization component to the above file name, use the pattern above and the file locations listed below to determine the correct programs to terminate on your system.
The following files and folders should be deleted for a manual removal of pc live guard:
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fc
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcPC339.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcPCLG.ico
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fc573.mof
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcmozcrt19.dll
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcsqlite3.dll
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcPCLGSys
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcPCLGSysvd952342.bd
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcBackUp
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcQuarantine Items
%docs%All UsersApplication DataPCYZDUHBELG
%docs%All UsersApplication DataPCYZDUHBELGPCAWWLG.cfg
%docs%%user%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchPC Live Guard.lnk
%docs%%user%Application DataPC Live Guard
%docs%%user%Application DataPC Live Guardcookies.sqlite
%docs%%user%DesktopPC Live Guard.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuPC Live Guard.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsPC Live Guard.lnk
After the above have been deleted you have completed the majority of your pc live guard removal. You should follow up your manual removal with a scan with superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware. Then you need to follow up with a scan with AVG/Avira or trend micros housecall or another trusted antivirus product.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Guard Pro | Guard Pro Removal Guide Guard Pro is a rogue antivirus application that is promoted through the use of malware and trojan horses. Once it is installed on a system it will run at startup and will scan the computer claiming to find files infected with viruses and finding security problems with your system. It......
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide Windows System Defender is a new rogue antivirus software along the lines of Windows PC Defender (See the Windows PC Defender Removal guide) (I believe it's the same family of malware.) It claims to be a powerful and effective antivirus and antispyware suite, but will overwhelm you with warnings and......
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal Windows PC Defender is a rogue antivirus application that resembles the legitimate antispyware known as Windows Defender from Microsoft. Their intent apparently is to mimic the look an theming of that application to trick potential customers into trusting and downloading (and paying for) their product. It is a clone of......
- The Future of Personal Finance Tools Nearly two months ago, I mentioned that Expensr and NetworthIQ (now Money Strands) had invited some personal finance bloggers to talk about personal finance software. I learned quite a few things, but one thing stood out to me. When you have 20 people in a room, you are going......
- Social Media Optimization - Precisely How It Really Works A Popular New Trend that Breaks from Search engine optimization Social media optimization is similar to listings media optimization. The goal of social network optimization is to drive large sums of people to a specific website. Social websites optimization doubles to determine if a startup website will likely be successful......
- Antivirus Software Vs. Internet Security Software Lots of individuals believe that antivirus software and internet security software are same. While they protect your PC and avoid it from being attacked and infected by threats, they have exact roles in terms of defense and safety for your PC. Antivirus software can be installed on your personal computer......
- How to Remove Live PC Care | Live PC Care Removal Guide
- How to Remove Additional Guard | Additional Guard Removal Guide
- How to Remove Guard Pro | Guard Pro Removal Guide
- How to Remove System Defender | System Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide