PC Live Guard is a Rogue antivirus application that typically installs on a system through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. You will see things that pop up appearing to be a scan of your computer, but it’s really just an ad pushing this product. Once the software is on your system it will create many files that it then holds up as proof of your system being infected by viruses. It also pops up many warnings about your system security and claims that it cannot fix any of the problems until you purchase the software. Read of for how to remove PC Live Guard.
Among the files that PC Live Guard creates are the following:
All of these are created by PC Live guard and should give you one more reason not to trust it. (As if it’s advertising tactics aren’t enough.)
The first thing you may wish to do to remove PC Live Guard is to go to the control panel and visit the add/remove programs area. Here you may try to uninstall pc live guard the traditional way. It probably won’t work, but if it does count yourself fortunate and then follow up with a scan of your pc with either superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and a virus scan from a reputable source (AVG/avira/trendmicros housecall/etc.)
You can find a link to download malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. While you are there you may also wish to download process explorer as you may need to make use of it further in the removal process.
If you are unable to install malwarebytes antimalware you may try the following things. 1) rename the installer from mbam-setup.exe to something like iexplore.exe and retry the install, update and run a scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry the install, update and scan. 3) Follow the next step which will be killing off the running processes associated with PC Live Guard and then retry the install/update and scan.
The following website should be blocked if you have a way of blocking domains for your network…
The following programs should be killed off using the task manager to continue with your removal of pc live guard. If you are unable to launch the task manager you may try the following tricks: 1) copy and paste taskmgr.exe to the desktop and then rename it to something else (firefox.exe) and retry running it. 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the processes are running (they may not load in safe mode.) 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the following programs:
There may be a randomization component to the above file name, use the pattern above and the file locations listed below to determine the correct programs to terminate on your system.
The following files and folders should be deleted for a manual removal of pc live guard:
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fc
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcPC339.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcPCLG.ico
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fc573.mof
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcmozcrt19.dll
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcsqlite3.dll
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcPCLGSys
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcPCLGSysvd952342.bd
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcBackUp
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcQuarantine Items
%docs%All UsersApplication DataPCYZDUHBELG
%docs%All UsersApplication DataPCYZDUHBELGPCAWWLG.cfg
%docs%%user%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchPC Live Guard.lnk
%docs%%user%Application DataPC Live Guard
%docs%%user%Application DataPC Live Guardcookies.sqlite
%docs%%user%DesktopPC Live Guard.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuPC Live Guard.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsPC Live Guard.lnk
After the above have been deleted you have completed the majority of your pc live guard removal. You should follow up your manual removal with a scan with superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware. Then you need to follow up with a scan with AVG/Avira or trend micros housecall or another trusted antivirus product.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal Windows PC Defender is a rogue antivirus application that resembles the legitimate antispyware known as Windows Defender from Microsoft. Their intent apparently is to mimic the look an theming of that application to trick potential customers into trusting and downloading (and paying for) their product. It is a clone of......
- How to Remove Live PC Care | Live PC Care Removal Guide Live PC Care is a rogue antivirus application that is advertised and promoted through misleading ads and aggressive tactics. In many cases the ad may be an animation of a scan of a computer that claims to find viruses and you must click a link to fix the problem. This......
- How to Remove Eco Antivirus 2010 | Eco Antivirus 2010 Removal Guide Eco Antivirus 2010 is a slight twist (renaming) of the recent Eco Antivirus rogue that has made the rounds. These rogues pretend to be antivirus, or antispyware software, but in reality are not much more than a scam trying to squeeze money out of unsuspecting computer users. These rogue applications......
- Outlook for the iPhone? eWeek is reporting that a Microsoft Executive, Stephen Elop, while speaking at the Web 2.0 Expo hinted that Microsoft will eventually release a version of the Office suite for mobile devices, specifically the iPhone. I think this is important for a couple of reasons. It further emphasizes MS' current move......
- The Danger of Fad Diets and Why They Never Work When desperate to loss weight, people tend to lean toward fad dieting, due to their tendency to offer "instant" results. They’re always commercially successful, but they leave their practitioners without many options and issues with health. In short order, another one fad will take its place. Fad diet work in......
- Windows 7 Sales Spike to Overtake Mac OS X [/caption]Proving there is no accounting for taste Microsoftâs latest attempt at a decent operating system, Windows 7, is now running on 5% of the computers online.Â The daily average of online users as measured by Internet metrics company Net Applications showed that an increase last week put Windows 7 above......
- How to Remove Live PC Care | Live PC Care Removal Guide
- How to Remove Additional Guard | Additional Guard Removal Guide
- How to Remove Guard Pro | Guard Pro Removal Guide
- How to Remove System Defender | System Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide