Antivirus Live is a rogue antivirus application that usually is installed without the permission of the owner of the computer. Simple web browsing may be enough when visiting the wrong site for this to introduce itself onto the machine via a trojan or even aggressive advertising within the page that tricks or confuses the user into installing it. It’s other tactics are fairly aggressive as well as it tries to disable your legitimate antivirus or antimalware software and prevent it from installing as well as hijacking the web browser so that you can only visit their page to purchase the software. After all, they claim to be able to fix all of the problems on your computer. Read on for how to remove Antivirus Live.
Basically this rogue will pop up all sorts of warnings about security problems with your computer and in reality IT is the biggest problem. It hijacks web browsing by configuring internet explorer to browse through a proxy. So first you may wish to change that in the internet explorer settings (tools, internet options), connection settings tab, then LAN settings and then uncheck the “use proxy server” checkbox. (Click okay on your way out fo all of these property sheets.
Bleeping computer has a utility called rkill.com that will kill off the running processes for this (and other rogues.) That is necessary to be able to get malwarebytes antimalware installed. You can download it here. If you wish you may also try to kill off the process other ways such as through the task manager, or process explorer. The filename has some random letters/numbers and then sysguard.exe so it may appear as cseasysguard.exe for example.
After it is killed off you should be able to download and install malwareybytes antimalware (from the virus removal toolkit page) or superantispyware. You should remove everything that they find including the files listed below.
The following files and folders should be deleted:
%userprof%Local SettingsApplication DataRANDOM
%userprof%Local SettingsApplication DataRANDOMRANDOMsysguard.exe
After a complete removal run another full scan with either malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware and then follow up with a trusted antivirus product such as AVG/Avira or maybe trendmicros online housecall.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Total Security Antivirus Removal Total Security Antivirus is another rogue security application that poses as legitimate antivirus software to dupe people into installing and then paying for it. It is related to Antivirus 360 and is perhaps the followup software from the same group. This particular pest is possibly installing itself onto systems by......
- How to Remove Malware Defense | Malware Defense Removal Guide Malware Defense (or malware defence) is a rogue antivirus application that will install itself on your system and then claim that there are many security problems and even viruses on your system. It will claim that it can fix these problems (for a price) and may prevent you from downloading......
- Remove Personal Antivirus Personal Antivirus is another of those rogue antivirus programs. They claim to protect, but really their goal is to find ways to separate you from your money. Usually this is through false claims of infected files and a "we'll fix it, if you pay us" sales model. Apparently it's almost......
- Collecting Social Security Benefits While Living Abroad You may be are curious about how living as an expat abroad (or traveling for an extended period) may effect your Social Security Retirement Benefits. Fortunately, the rules are not too complicated. First, we will assume that you will be collecting Social Security as a U.S. citizen. Given that, this......
- Protecting Your Computer with Free Antivirus Software - A Good Deal ? If you're like many college students today, you depend on your computer for your education. Papers are planned, researched , and written with it. Group project assignments are broken down and delegated online. Without a computer, you'd probably have a hard time getting things done efficiently. Your computer is a valuable tool for......
- How to Build a Garage While many homes already have basic garages built into them, this isn't always the case, and some families find themselves seeking free plans, garage plans and the like. Some newer properties, and properties built by architects rather than home-building companies often do not come with the same garage space that......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Malware Defense | Malware Defense Removal Guide
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide