Antivirus Live is a rogue antivirus application that usually is installed without the permission of the owner of the computer. Simple web browsing may be enough when visiting the wrong site for this to introduce itself onto the machine via a trojan or even aggressive advertising within the page that tricks or confuses the user into installing it. It’s other tactics are fairly aggressive as well as it tries to disable your legitimate antivirus or antimalware software and prevent it from installing as well as hijacking the web browser so that you can only visit their page to purchase the software. After all, they claim to be able to fix all of the problems on your computer. Read on for how to remove Antivirus Live.
Basically this rogue will pop up all sorts of warnings about security problems with your computer and in reality IT is the biggest problem. It hijacks web browsing by configuring internet explorer to browse through a proxy. So first you may wish to change that in the internet explorer settings (tools, internet options), connection settings tab, then LAN settings and then uncheck the “use proxy server” checkbox. (Click okay on your way out fo all of these property sheets.
Bleeping computer has a utility called rkill.com that will kill off the running processes for this (and other rogues.) That is necessary to be able to get malwarebytes antimalware installed. You can download it here. If you wish you may also try to kill off the process other ways such as through the task manager, or process explorer. The filename has some random letters/numbers and then sysguard.exe so it may appear as cseasysguard.exe for example.
After it is killed off you should be able to download and install malwareybytes antimalware (from the virus removal toolkit page) or superantispyware. You should remove everything that they find including the files listed below.
The following files and folders should be deleted:
%userprof%Local SettingsApplication DataRANDOM
%userprof%Local SettingsApplication DataRANDOMRANDOMsysguard.exe
After a complete removal run another full scan with either malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware and then follow up with a trusted antivirus product such as AVG/Avira or maybe trendmicros online housecall.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Remove Personal Antivirus Personal Antivirus is another of those rogue antivirus programs. They claim to protect, but really their goal is to find ways to separate you from your money. Usually this is through false claims of infected files and a "we'll fix it, if you pay us" sales model. Apparently it's almost......
- How to Remove Malware Professional 2010 | Malware Professional 2010 Removal Guide Malware Professional 2010 is a rogue security application. It is not a trusted malware removal utility and I hope users won't be fooled by their claims of problem on their system that it claims only can be removed if you pay for their software. Unfortunately many users may be tricked......
- How to Remove Internet Security 2010 | Internet Security 2010 Removal Guide Internet Security 2010 is the name of a rogue antivirus application that is one of the more recent to be making the rounds. It will typically install itself on your system through the use of other malware. These rogue antivirus applications typically will pop up warnings and alerts about the......
- Protecting Your Computer with Free Antivirus Software - A Good Deal ? If you're like many college students today, you depend on your computer for your education. Papers are planned, researched , and written with it. Group project assignments are broken down and delegated online. Without a computer, you'd probably have a hard time getting things done efficiently. Your computer is a valuable tool for......
- Protecting Yourself On The Internet Since its beginning in 1990 the online market place has revolutionised the way the world shares info. Unfortunately, it in addition has opened up a whole new world with bad people doing bad things. Illegal material hasn't been so easily available Big Dog Formula to tempt probably the most innocent......
- How to Build a Garage While many homes already have basic garages built into them, this isn't always the case, and some families find themselves seeking free plans, garage plans and the like. Some newer properties, and properties built by architects rather than home-building companies often do not come with the same garage space that......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Malware Defense | Malware Defense Removal Guide
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide