Antivirus Live is a rogue antivirus application that usually is installed without the permission of the owner of the computer. Simple web browsing may be enough when visiting the wrong site for this to introduce itself onto the machine via a trojan or even aggressive advertising within the page that tricks or confuses the user into installing it. It’s other tactics are fairly aggressive as well as it tries to disable your legitimate antivirus or antimalware software and prevent it from installing as well as hijacking the web browser so that you can only visit their page to purchase the software. After all, they claim to be able to fix all of the problems on your computer. Read on for how to remove Antivirus Live.
Basically this rogue will pop up all sorts of warnings about security problems with your computer and in reality IT is the biggest problem. It hijacks web browsing by configuring internet explorer to browse through a proxy. So first you may wish to change that in the internet explorer settings (tools, internet options), connection settings tab, then LAN settings and then uncheck the “use proxy server” checkbox. (Click okay on your way out fo all of these property sheets.
Bleeping computer has a utility called rkill.com that will kill off the running processes for this (and other rogues.) That is necessary to be able to get malwarebytes antimalware installed. You can download it here. If you wish you may also try to kill off the process other ways such as through the task manager, or process explorer. The filename has some random letters/numbers and then sysguard.exe so it may appear as cseasysguard.exe for example.
After it is killed off you should be able to download and install malwareybytes antimalware (from the virus removal toolkit page) or superantispyware. You should remove everything that they find including the files listed below.
The following files and folders should be deleted:
%userprof%Local SettingsApplication DataRANDOM
%userprof%Local SettingsApplication DataRANDOMRANDOMsysguard.exe
After a complete removal run another full scan with either malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware and then follow up with a trusted antivirus product such as AVG/Avira or maybe trendmicros online housecall.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove AntiSpyware Shield Pro | AntiSpyware Shield Pro Removal AntiSpyware Shield Pro is a rogue antivirus that typically is installed via trojans or other malware. Once it's invited itself onto the system it will do all sorts of things. It will popup warnings about the computers security. It will scan the computer for viruses and find many files that......
- How to Remove ActiveSecurity | Active Security Removal Guide ActiveSecurity is a rogue antivirus application that uses graphics to indicate a similarity with Microsoft Security Center. It installs via malware including trojans and brings several files along with it when it installs that it then claims are viral and that in order to clean up the mess the user......
- How to Remove Malware Defense | Malware Defense Removal Guide Malware Defense (or malware defence) is a rogue antivirus application that will install itself on your system and then claim that there are many security problems and even viruses on your system. It will claim that it can fix these problems (for a price) and may prevent you from downloading......
- Security Innovation Introduces Software Security Summer Series WILMINGTON, Mass. – July 12, 2011 -- Security Innovation today introduced its inaugural Software Security Summer Series, where the company will offer six free eLearning courses from its industry-leading curriculum over the next six weeks. The courses are part of TeamProfessorTM, the company’s computer-based training library with an emphasis on......
- Messianic Prophecy: The Messiah will establish an everlasting covenant: Messianic Prophecy: The Messiah will establish an everlasting covenant: Prophecy: “Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen, that you may live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you, According to the faithful mercies shown to David. Isaiah 55:3 Fulfillment: And in the same way He took the......
- Setting a Wine Budget When it comes to collecting wine, collecting wine bottles, or really any other type of collection for that matter, one of the first things that you are going to want to have figured out is your budget. Step one in the process of collecting wine is to set your wine......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Malware Defense | Malware Defense Removal Guide
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide