Live PC Care is a rogue antivirus application that is advertised and promoted through misleading ads and aggressive tactics. In many cases the ad may be an animation of a scan of a computer that claims to find viruses and you must click a link to fix the problem. This downloads the software and then it continues to find problems and threats on your computer that it claims can only be fixed if you purchase the software. Read on for how to remove Live PC Care.
Once this rogue is installed on your computer it will create the following files:
It then uses these files in its future scans to claim that they are virus infected files and should be cleaned up (again it cannot clean them up unless you purchase.)
You should first try to uninstall live PC care by going to the control panel and using the add/remove programs applet. If you are able to uninstall it there, so much the better! Even if it does uninstall here I would suggest a followup scan with superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and a follow up with a trustworthy antivirus such as avg/avira/ or housecall from trend micro.
You can find a download link for malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. While you are there you may also wish to download process explorer as you may need to make use of it later in the live pc care removal.
If you are unable to launch malwarebytes antimalware installer you may try the following tricks. 1) rename the installer from mbam-setup.exe to something like iexplore.exe then retry the install, update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry the install update and scan. 3) follow the next step which is killing off the running processes associated with live pc care and then retry the install, update and scan.
The following processes should be killed off to continue with the removal of live pc care. If you are unable to launch the task manager to terminate these, try the following: 1) copy and paste the taskmgr.exe program to the desktop and rename it to something else… firefox.exe 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the processes are running (many times they won’t load in safe mode.) 3) use process explorer instead to kill off the following processes:
There may be a randomization component to the above filename. There also may be other running processes. Check the list of files below to be deleted for a manual removal of live pc care and compare them to what you see on your system to determine the correct processes to kill off.
The following files and folders should be deleted:
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fc
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcLP339.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcLPCG.ico
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fc8233.mof
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcmozcrt19.dll
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcsqlite3.dll
%docs%All UsersApplication Data117fcLPCGSysvd952342.bd
%docs%All UsersApplication DataLPCGSys
%docs%All UsersApplication DataLPCGSyslpcg.cfg
%docs%%user%Application DataLive PC Care
%docs%%user%Application DataLive PC Carecookies.sqlite
%docs%%user%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchLive PC Care.lnk
%docs%%user%DesktopLive PC Care.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuLive PC Care.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsLive PC Care.lnk
After the above files have been deleted you have completed the majority of the removal of live pc care and should follow up with a scan of your system by either superantispyware, or malwarebytes antimalware and then a reputable antivirus (avg/trend micro house call/avira/etc.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove APCSafe | APCSafe Removal Guide APCSafe is another of the recent variations on the Wini family of rogue antivirus applications. Like all the others it is pushed by trojan activity... this is typically a video site that claims to have a sought after video, but alas.... the video cannot be viewed unless you install a......
- How to Remove PC Live Guard | PC Live Guard Removal Guide PC Live Guard is a Rogue antivirus application that typically installs on a system through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. You will see things that pop up appearing to be a scan of your computer, but it's really just an ad pushing this product. Once the software is on......
- How to Remove MaCatte Antivirus 2009 | Removal Guide MaCatte Antivirus 2009 is a rogue antivirus application that hopes you will mistake it for the popular McAfee antivirus. Their look and feel is very similar to that of McAfee, but as most rogue antivirus applications it is a program that will give you little more than falsified warnings about......
- What Is A Cloud Virtual Server Solution And How Will It Work? In recent years, cloud computing has seen more and more use. It offers new options for storing files and using the web and serves the base for many a social networking site. Internet use and communication have become much easier with the use of a cloud virtual server. The name......
- Windows 7 Sales Spike to Overtake Mac OS X [/caption]Proving there is no accounting for taste Microsoftâs latest attempt at a decent operating system, Windows 7, is now running on 5% of the computers online.Â The daily average of online users as measured by Internet metrics company Net Applications showed that an increase last week put Windows 7 above......
- Rising Health Care Costs and Medical Billing Despite recent changes to the national health care system, health care costs are rising. Thousands of American’s will find that their costs for both preventative and continuous health care will continue to get higher. The bills are going to keep piling up and keep adding on one another. It can......
- How to Remove PC Live Guard | PC Live Guard Removal Guide
- How to Remove System Defender | System Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide
- How to Remove Additional Guard | Additional Guard Removal Guide