Security Tool is the latest rogue antivirus application in the family which includes Total Security 2009 (read my how to remove Total Security 2009 guide if necessary.) It is visually similar and like many of these scareware rogues is very similar in many respects with the exception of the name. This particular rogue installs through web popups and trojans. Web popus will likely appear to be running a security scan of your computer and after the scan it insists you need to download and purchase SecurityTool to fix the problems it finds (how original!) Read on for Security Tool Removal:
Among the alerts you will likely see with SecurityTOol installed are the following:
Security Tool Warning
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs.
Click here to remove it immediately with SecurityTool.
Security Tool Warning
Some critical system files of your computer were modified by malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss.
Click here to block unauthorised modification by removing threats (Recommended)
These warnings are bogus and are just designed to scare you into purchasing Security Tool. I would suggest if you have this program on your machine that you download malwarebytes antimalware from my virus removal toolkit page. Then update and run a scan with that program. If it is unable to clean things out, you may reboot into safe mode and try again.
The following are files associated with SecurityTool if you need/wish to attempt manual removal:
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsSecurity Tool.lnk
The above are examples – it will randomize the names and folder names for the numbers above. You may need to kill off the running process for SecurityTool in order to remove Security Tool. If you are otherwise unable to delete the files that you find, use the task manager to kill off the running process that matches the randomized name for the exe that you find. It will likely stick out like a sore thumb in the task manager. (Very few legit programs have 10 digit numerical names…)
After the manual removal, or at least the manual disabling of the active rogue, go back and run a scan with an updated version of malwarebytes to make sure the system is clean.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Live Enterprise Suite | Live Enterprise Suite Removal Guide Live Enterprise Suite is yet another rogue security application. This is a successor to the frustrating Internet Antivirus Pro and Ghost Antivirus rogues. Like many of these security rogues they are pushed through malware and aggressive advertising. This may be a website that when visited a screen pops up that......
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide) Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus application that uses the name of Windows Defender and the similarities of their name to appear as an official product or add on to windows. Of course, the real Windows Defender is a legitimate application, but Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus......
- How to Remove Windows Smart Security (Removal Guide) Windows Smart Security is a rogue spyware application that may fool people into installing and purchasing due to the use of the words Windows and Security in the title. It may fool people into thinking that it is related to Microsoft Windows and perhaps even a part of the operating......
- Why Does My Computer Run Slowly & Crash Sometimes - How Do I Fix It? How often have wondered why your computer seems slower then when you first got it? No doubt someone will have told you that it is getting clogged up and you should remove a few programs to speed it up - often this tactic will make little or no difference unless......
- Safe Power Tool Care Most professional style power tools are really rough and tough. We can use them hard, we can heat them up, we can drop them, we can beat up on them, and they withstand it as we do this to them over and over and over again. We never really stop......
- How Can Marketplace Samurai Aid Your Organization Increase? On the web marketplace is often a extremely competitive marketplace currently where surviving for any online company just isn't quick. Today a number of web sites are launched each and every now and then either to promote items or services of companies. Right way of marketing is critical for your......
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows Smart Security (Removal Guide)