Total Security 2009 is also known as TotalSecurity 2009 or TotalSecurity2009. It is a newer version of the Total Security Antivirus which we highlighted just a week or so ago. It is a more troublesome variant of this rogue security software. In addition to the false warnings about problems on your system and the promise that it will fix them all if only you pay…. it randomly deletes files from your machine. Meaning that if you don’t remove Total Security 2009 it will eventually destroy your Windows installation requiring a reinstall. For that and other obvious reasons it’s important to rid yourself of this rogue as soon as possible.
I would first attempt to find out if it’s possible to remove total security 2009 from the control panel and then download malwarebytes antimalware from my virus removal toolkit page. Update and run malwarebytes and see if your able to remove it that way. If so, repeat running it until the system comes clean. Alternatively, you may try booting into safe mode and re-running malwareybutes antimalware.
For a more manual approach to total security 2009 removal, start by killing of the following processes using the task manager:
Be on the look out for some of the filenames above to change as it may randomize some or part of the names.
The following dll file should be removed and unregistered:
Now, you should delete the following files and their folders:
%Docs%All UsersApplication Data10530004
%Docs%All UsersApplication Data1053000410530004
%Docs%All UsersApplication Data1053000410530004.exe
%Docs%All UsersApplication Data10530004pc10530004ins
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsTotal Security
%UserProf%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchTSC.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsTotal SecurityTotal Security 2009.lnk
%UserProf%DesktopTotal Security 2009.lnk
%ProgFiles%Common FilesSystemUninstallUninstall TSC.lnk
Again, note that some of the above files could have different names depending on whether or not this bug randomizes the file names. After going through the manual removal of total security 2009 you probably should update and run malwarebytes antimalware to scan your hard drive for any remnants of this pest.
For successful manual removal you may need to boot into safe mode and if you find that task manager is disabled in order to kill of the processes listed above try using process explorer.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide Windows System Defender is a new rogue antivirus software along the lines of Windows PC Defender (See the Windows PC Defender Removal guide) (I believe it's the same family of malware.) It claims to be a powerful and effective antivirus and antispyware suite, but will overwhelm you with warnings and......
- How to Remove Total PC Defender | Total PC Defender Removal Guide Total PC Defender is a rogue antivirus application that installs via malware and trojans. The software then runs each time the system boots and will run a fake scan that is designed to scare the user. This scan will find security problems, numerous viruses and they will further claim that......
- How to Remove SysDefence | Sysdefence Removal Guide Sysdefence is another rogue antivirus application from the wini family. This family of rogues has been quite prolific lately and typically is pushed on computer users through aggressive trojans that will appear on web pages masquerading as an update for flash player or a video codec for a video that......
- Is Social Security Income an Asset? NO! I just read a very interesting article on Wall Street Journal Personal Finance Section, titled "Save Your Nest Egg, Hold on to Stocks" written by Mr. Zweig.Â The article surrounds the idea that since your Social Security income stream can be turned into a present value number equivalent to a......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- 105 Burpees Non-Stop by a 288 lb Fat Man Update: Here is a video of me completing a 100 burpee challenge. It's 11:10 PM. I'm tired. I want to work on tweaking the website. I'm sleepy. I want to go to bed. What do I do? I get off my ass...and workout. This is what it's going to take......
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide