Total Security 2009 is also known as TotalSecurity 2009 or TotalSecurity2009. It is a newer version of the Total Security Antivirus which we highlighted just a week or so ago. It is a more troublesome variant of this rogue security software. In addition to the false warnings about problems on your system and the promise that it will fix them all if only you pay…. it randomly deletes files from your machine. Meaning that if you don’t remove Total Security 2009 it will eventually destroy your Windows installation requiring a reinstall. For that and other obvious reasons it’s important to rid yourself of this rogue as soon as possible.
I would first attempt to find out if it’s possible to remove total security 2009 from the control panel and then download malwarebytes antimalware from my virus removal toolkit page. Update and run malwarebytes and see if your able to remove it that way. If so, repeat running it until the system comes clean. Alternatively, you may try booting into safe mode and re-running malwareybutes antimalware.
For a more manual approach to total security 2009 removal, start by killing of the following processes using the task manager:
Be on the look out for some of the filenames above to change as it may randomize some or part of the names.
The following dll file should be removed and unregistered:
Now, you should delete the following files and their folders:
%Docs%All UsersApplication Data10530004
%Docs%All UsersApplication Data1053000410530004
%Docs%All UsersApplication Data1053000410530004.exe
%Docs%All UsersApplication Data10530004pc10530004ins
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsTotal Security
%UserProf%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchTSC.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsTotal SecurityTotal Security 2009.lnk
%UserProf%DesktopTotal Security 2009.lnk
%ProgFiles%Common FilesSystemUninstallUninstall TSC.lnk
Again, note that some of the above files could have different names depending on whether or not this bug randomizes the file names. After going through the manual removal of total security 2009 you probably should update and run malwarebytes antimalware to scan your hard drive for any remnants of this pest.
For successful manual removal you may need to boot into safe mode and if you find that task manager is disabled in order to kill of the processes listed above try using process explorer.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SecurityTool | Security Tool Removal Security Tool is the latest rogue antivirus application in the family which includes Total Security 2009 (read my how to remove Total Security 2009 guide if necessary.) It is visually similar and like many of these scareware rogues is very similar in many respects with the exception of the name.......
- How to Remove Live Enterprise Suite | Live Enterprise Suite Removal Guide Live Enterprise Suite is yet another rogue security application. This is a successor to the frustrating Internet Antivirus Pro and Ghost Antivirus rogues. Like many of these security rogues they are pushed through malware and aggressive advertising. This may be a website that when visited a screen pops up that......
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide Windows System Defender is a new rogue antivirus software along the lines of Windows PC Defender (See the Windows PC Defender Removal guide) (I believe it's the same family of malware.) It claims to be a powerful and effective antivirus and antispyware suite, but will overwhelm you with warnings and......
- Comparison Between Free Of Charge And Paid Web Comparison between free of charge and paid Web security software has turn into a main subject of discussion amongst probably the most of all computer users recently. Numerous people who have employed both free of charge as well as paid Web security software place their strong opinions. Although many people......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- Gator Football Recap: Kentucky Wildcats Game The No. 1 UF Gators have managed to take Kentucky down with 41 to 7 in Lexington. Still the top ranked college team in football, the Gator football team has managed to improve their score to an overall 4 and 0 and a SEC 2 and 0 after claiming......
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide