Sometimes you just can’t escape work. The other day on my way home an ad came on the radio for doublemyspeed.com It reminded me somewhat of the claims finallyfast.com (read my finallyfast.com removal). Anyway, I hadn’t heard of doublemyspeed so I thought I would check them out and see if it’s as much of a scam as it sounds. They suggest that you may not need to buy a new computer if yours is slow then proceed to give testimonials of people that installed their software and their pc ran so much faster than before.
Well, in stark contrast to the testimonials in their radio ad, the testimonials I’ve seen online accuse their software (Cyberdefender or Cyber Defender) of being adware, a rogue, next to impossible to remove from your system and a general pain in the ***. Yes, it seems that there are quite a few people with some choice words for doublemyspeed.com just as they were with ascentive and finallyfast.com (Surprise, surprise – installing a new software program is not all it takes to make your computer run fast…..)
The download on their web site currently is called Early Detection Center.
Here’s one complaint in particular that claims that the free version found lots of problems that needed to be fixed and refused to fix them until it was paid for. (Sounds like so many of the rogues we’ve seen.) Other software for them did not raise a red flag on the same issues. It pops up virus warning alerts encouraging you to buy and apparently did not uninstall via add/remove programs, kept pushing popus to purchase.
For close to 20 years now I’ve suggested that people avoid software that’s supposed to make their system faster or more stable unless it’s an operating system upgrade. I remember many legitimate products that claimed to improve system stability and speed that really were huge disappoinments and haven’t yet seen ONE that delivered on it’s promises. Some that I’ve seen have come from the more respected names in the industry but I have seen each and every one cause as much trouble as they fix. That’s not to mention the products that are more than likely scams.
If you have spyware or viruses or other malware on your machine removing that will improve the speed of your pc. Adding memory will likely improve your pc speed, uninstalling unnecessary programs or replacing heavyweight software with lighter weight applications will speed up your pc. It’s VERY unlikely that you can find any product that you can install that will magically double your comptuers speed. (Unless you replace Vista with XP or Linux….)
I’m filing this in the rogue security software category since they seem to have made it so difficult to remove.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Cyber Protection Center | Removal Guide Cyber Protection Center is related to Cyber Security (see how to remove cyber security). These are rogue antivirus applications that will generate many warnings and error messages on your system claiming (falsely) that your system is infected with countless virus and trojan infected files. In reality, Cyber Protection Center may......
- How to Remove Antivirus System Pro | Antivirus System Pro Removal Guide Last week I had the opportunity to remove Antivirus System Pro from not one, but two machines. Given that I was seeing it a bit more frequently I thought it might be a new rogue antivirus application, but I quickly found out that it's been out at least since June......
- Remove Personal Antivirus Personal Antivirus is another of those rogue antivirus programs. They claim to protect, but really their goal is to find ways to separate you from your money. Usually this is through false claims of infected files and a "we'll fix it, if you pay us" sales model. Apparently it's almost......
- Diffrence Between Social Networking And Social Bookmarking This article brought to you by the webmaster of make money free and internet marketing. The social media websites both networking and bookmarking have found a place in the world of internet marketing. I have heard theories from top experts in SEO and general internet marketing that Google and other......
- Loanio Goes Quiet... Period Found in my email... Loanio registering to sell "Borrower Member Payment Dependent Notes" Loanio, Inc. today announced that it has filed a registration statement on Form S-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) relating to Notes it will offer on its peer-to-peer lending website. A copy of the......
- Free Financial Management Software When it comes to your getting out of debt, having the right software can actually make a real world of difference. Some people tend to manage their efforts at debt reduction with something that is as simple and as straight forward as a computer spreadsheet while other people tend toward......
- MyCleanPC.Com TV and Radio Ads
- Antivirus Removal Tools
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove APCSafe | APCSafe Removal Guide
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal