Oh I cringe at those commercials. You know the ones I’m talking about where everyone is whining about how slow their pc is. Wah…. “Mom this game is so slow.” I just LOVE how they mention that their parent company ascentive has been featured in several major publications. (Osama Bin Laden has been featured in many publications too, that isn’t exactly an endorsement.) Well, last night I thought I’d go and look and see what people were saying about this magical mystical piece of software and I wasn’t really surprised to find them being roasted right and left.
McAfee Site Advisor has apparently recently moved the site from the bad guy to the good guy column and is catching all sorts of heat from visitors for that. Many claim that there are browser exploits being served up from their pages. It was on Spyware Warriors list of rogue applications although it has been removed. (Users may note that the removal from the list isn’t equal to an endorsement either.)
Instructions on removing Ascentive PC Speed Scan Pro. It feels so much like our other rogues. Many users report performance problems after installing it and difficulty getting rid of it the way you would normally uninstall a program.
So how do you remove the wondrous finallyfast.com software?
It appears they have made it difficult to normally remove (the add/remove control panel applet is reported to not have a remove button for this one.)
Here are the files to delete:
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan Pro
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan ProSSRes.dll
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePerformance CenterApcMain.exe
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan ProPCSpeedScan.exe
There are registry entries associated with it, but I would suggest against manual registry surgery and use a trusted tool like malwarebytes antimalware to do a thorough scan after the program files entries are removed.
Once it’s removed your pc will be finally fast!
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SysDefence | Sysdefence Removal Guide Sysdefence is another rogue antivirus application from the wini family. This family of rogues has been quite prolific lately and typically is pushed on computer users through aggressive trojans that will appear on web pages masquerading as an update for flash player or a video codec for a video that......
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide GreatDefender is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family. It is installed onto a system through the use of trojans and other malware which should give you an indication that it is not something that you want on your system. (It's usually a bad sign when you don't know......
- How to Remove SystemVeteran | Removal Guide SystemVeteran is (yet another) variation from the wini family of rogue antivirus applications. Their last one prior to this was BlockProtector (BlockProtector Removal Guide) but it is a VERY long lived family and they are churning out one variation every two to three days. Most of these have the same......
- Mastering the Art of Stair Repair Broken or loose stairs are not only unsightly, but they can also be incredibly dangerous. Repairing stairs doesn’t have to be difficult and unless they need a total replacement, you should be able to take care of it with just some basic tools. To get started, you’ll need to have......
- How To Select The Best Registry Cleaner Software? Most Efficient Tips That Will Unable You To Select The Best Registry Cleaner Software If you have a slow PC, the best investment for you right now would be for a good registry cleaner software. This program is the most essential thing for speeding up your PC. However it is very important to do a research on the best registry cleaner software programs available......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- Remove Personal Guard 2009 | Personal Guard 2009 Removal
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide