Oh I cringe at those commercials. You know the ones I’m talking about where everyone is whining about how slow their pc is. Wah…. “Mom this game is so slow.” I just LOVE how they mention that their parent company ascentive has been featured in several major publications. (Osama Bin Laden has been featured in many publications too, that isn’t exactly an endorsement.) Well, last night I thought I’d go and look and see what people were saying about this magical mystical piece of software and I wasn’t really surprised to find them being roasted right and left.
McAfee Site Advisor has apparently recently moved the site from the bad guy to the good guy column and is catching all sorts of heat from visitors for that. Many claim that there are browser exploits being served up from their pages. It was on Spyware Warriors list of rogue applications although it has been removed. (Users may note that the removal from the list isn’t equal to an endorsement either.)
Instructions on removing Ascentive PC Speed Scan Pro. It feels so much like our other rogues. Many users report performance problems after installing it and difficulty getting rid of it the way you would normally uninstall a program.
So how do you remove the wondrous finallyfast.com software?
It appears they have made it difficult to normally remove (the add/remove control panel applet is reported to not have a remove button for this one.)
Here are the files to delete:
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan Pro
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan ProSSRes.dll
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePerformance CenterApcMain.exe
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan ProPCSpeedScan.exe
There are registry entries associated with it, but I would suggest against manual registry surgery and use a trusted tool like malwarebytes antimalware to do a thorough scan after the program files entries are removed.
Once it’s removed your pc will be finally fast!
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove BlockProtector | Removal Guide So... the tail end of last week saw another new variant in the Wini family of rogue antivirus: blockprotector. It's the successor to..... Blockscanner (blockscanner removal guide) as well as the long list of prior variants that you can find on that page. (Sorry... it's just getting to be ridiculously......
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide GreatDefender is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family. It is installed onto a system through the use of trojans and other malware which should give you an indication that it is not something that you want on your system. (It's usually a bad sign when you don't know......
- So who is behind Windows Police Pro Virus / Rogue Security Software? As I've seen the continuing FLOOD of searches for some way to Remove Windows Police Pro, I've been starting to wonder at the who is behind this particular piece of junk software. These programs aren't written by your average ordinary virus writer, there is really too much spit and polish......
- What Is The Best Free Registry Cleaner Do you have the Best Free Registry Cleaner? Are you bored with your computer's continuous error messages and difficulties? You're probably considering to replace it with a modern one or repair it to get rid of nettlesome troubles rendered by your system. Only by acquiring the Best Free Registry Cleaner,......
- How To Select The Best Registry Cleaner Software? Most Efficient Tips That Will Unable You To Select The Best Registry Cleaner Software If you have a slow PC, the best investment for you right now would be for a good registry cleaner software. This program is the most essential thing for speeding up your PC. However it is very important to do a research on the best registry cleaner software programs available......
- 5 Free Security Softwares - Must Use Here are 5 Free Security Softwares that you can use to combat your fear against Adwares, Viruses, Trojans, etc. 1.Avast Home Edition: Best Free Antivirus Avast is one of the best antiviruses I recommend to my friends. It is free and has many features which many of the Antiviruses lack.......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- Remove Personal Guard 2009 | Personal Guard 2009 Removal
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide