Oh I cringe at those commercials. You know the ones I’m talking about where everyone is whining about how slow their pc is. Wah…. “Mom this game is so slow.” I just LOVE how they mention that their parent company ascentive has been featured in several major publications. (Osama Bin Laden has been featured in many publications too, that isn’t exactly an endorsement.) Well, last night I thought I’d go and look and see what people were saying about this magical mystical piece of software and I wasn’t really surprised to find them being roasted right and left.
McAfee Site Advisor has apparently recently moved the site from the bad guy to the good guy column and is catching all sorts of heat from visitors for that. Many claim that there are browser exploits being served up from their pages. It was on Spyware Warriors list of rogue applications although it has been removed. (Users may note that the removal from the list isn’t equal to an endorsement either.)
Instructions on removing Ascentive PC Speed Scan Pro. It feels so much like our other rogues. Many users report performance problems after installing it and difficulty getting rid of it the way you would normally uninstall a program.
So how do you remove the wondrous finallyfast.com software?
It appears they have made it difficult to normally remove (the add/remove control panel applet is reported to not have a remove button for this one.)
Here are the files to delete:
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan Pro
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan ProSSRes.dll
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePerformance CenterApcMain.exe
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan ProPCSpeedScan.exe
There are registry entries associated with it, but I would suggest against manual registry surgery and use a trusted tool like malwarebytes antimalware to do a thorough scan after the program files entries are removed.
Once it’s removed your pc will be finally fast!
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide AntiAdd is a rogue antivirus application. It is installed via trojans that claim to be video codec or flash player updates and then once installed on the system it will claim to be scanning your computer and discovering all sorts of viral infected files. In addition to this it may......
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal SecurityFighter is making the rounds as yet another rogue security application. It installs itself via trojans and web popups and creates files that it then claims are viral and need to be cleaned out for your computer to be safe. Of course, they never can do that without you first......
- How to Remove SystemVeteran | Removal Guide SystemVeteran is (yet another) variation from the wini family of rogue antivirus applications. Their last one prior to this was BlockProtector (BlockProtector Removal Guide) but it is a VERY long lived family and they are churning out one variation every two to three days. Most of these have the same......
- how to get the maximum speed of your pc or laptop A pc or a laptop may take ages to respond to any command you feed into it. This is called performance. Your pc or laptop may take too long to load the information you need urgently. Sometimes it will crush when performing light tasks. You might have realized that the......
- Mastering the Art of Stair Repair Broken or loose stairs are not only unsightly, but they can also be incredibly dangerous. Repairing stairs doesn’t have to be difficult and unless they need a total replacement, you should be able to take care of it with just some basic tools. To get started, you’ll need to have......
- What Is The Best Free Registry Cleaner Do you have the Best Free Registry Cleaner? Are you bored with your computer's continuous error messages and difficulties? You're probably considering to replace it with a modern one or repair it to get rid of nettlesome troubles rendered by your system. Only by acquiring the Best Free Registry Cleaner,......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- Remove Personal Guard 2009 | Personal Guard 2009 Removal
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide