Oh I cringe at those commercials. You know the ones I’m talking about where everyone is whining about how slow their pc is. Wah…. “Mom this game is so slow.” I just LOVE how they mention that their parent company ascentive has been featured in several major publications. (Osama Bin Laden has been featured in many publications too, that isn’t exactly an endorsement.) Well, last night I thought I’d go and look and see what people were saying about this magical mystical piece of software and I wasn’t really surprised to find them being roasted right and left.
McAfee Site Advisor has apparently recently moved the site from the bad guy to the good guy column and is catching all sorts of heat from visitors for that. Many claim that there are browser exploits being served up from their pages. It was on Spyware Warriors list of rogue applications although it has been removed. (Users may note that the removal from the list isn’t equal to an endorsement either.)
Instructions on removing Ascentive PC Speed Scan Pro. It feels so much like our other rogues. Many users report performance problems after installing it and difficulty getting rid of it the way you would normally uninstall a program.
So how do you remove the wondrous finallyfast.com software?
It appears they have made it difficult to normally remove (the add/remove control panel applet is reported to not have a remove button for this one.)
Here are the files to delete:
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan Pro
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan ProSSRes.dll
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePerformance CenterApcMain.exe
* %ProgFiles%AscentivePC SpeedScan ProPCSpeedScan.exe
There are registry entries associated with it, but I would suggest against manual registry surgery and use a trusted tool like malwarebytes antimalware to do a thorough scan after the program files entries are removed.
Once it’s removed your pc will be finally fast!
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal SecurityFighter is making the rounds as yet another rogue security application. It installs itself via trojans and web popups and creates files that it then claims are viral and need to be cleaned out for your computer to be safe. Of course, they never can do that without you first......
- How to Remove SysDefence | Sysdefence Removal Guide Sysdefence is another rogue antivirus application from the wini family. This family of rogues has been quite prolific lately and typically is pushed on computer users through aggressive trojans that will appear on web pages masquerading as an update for flash player or a video codec for a video that......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal Yes, it's another rogue antivirus package that causes all sorts of headaches, popups, false warnings and yes, you have to pay to solve the problems it claims to find. Essentially the software, when installed creates lot's of files that on scanning your system it "discovers" and claims they are a......
- How To Select The Best Registry Cleaner Software? Most Efficient Tips That Will Unable You To Select The Best Registry Cleaner Software If you have a slow PC, the best investment for you right now would be for a good registry cleaner software. This program is the most essential thing for speeding up your PC. However it is very important to do a research on the best registry cleaner software programs available......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- 5 Free Security Softwares - Must Use Here are 5 Free Security Softwares that you can use to combat your fear against Adwares, Viruses, Trojans, etc. 1.Avast Home Edition: Best Free Antivirus Avast is one of the best antiviruses I recommend to my friends. It is free and has many features which many of the Antiviruses lack.......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- Remove Personal Guard 2009 | Personal Guard 2009 Removal
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide