Several days ago there were announcements of the release of Mandriva 2007, only thing was, the download wasn’t available yet. Well, today the download appears available. I haven’t looked to see what differences there are between the free and the powerpack download (powerpack can be downloaded by club members as well.)
Aមុmong the things listed *(I suspect powerpack….)
* Watch all your favorite movies legally on LinDVD;
* Play video games with TransGaming’s Cedega;
* Discover FlatOut, the famous car racing game;
* Enjoy 6 months of anti-virus protection with with Kaspersky;
* Benefit from the powerful BitDefender;
* Run and manage any virtual machine with VMware Player, an integrated system virtualization solution.
Of course, vmware player is freely downloadable from vmware anyway. I do like to see that linDVD is included (at least I assume this is for powerpack and likely not the free download.) It’s very encouraging to see “value” added in return for someone putting out some money towards the distribution. Yes, I know it’s technically possible to watch DVD’s without linDVD, but there are a number of legal issues concerning it and IF there is a very cheap and legal option – good. I know, BUT WE PAID FOR THE DVD’s….
It sounds like the graphical package manager has seen a rewrite as well. I’m interested to see what it looks like. I don’t know that I’m ready to replace my Mandriva 2006 desktop yet. I’ve really been thinking about going with Ubuntu as the “next generation” of my desktop. But… I’ll definitely be installing this into a virtual machine to look at.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- VMware Server OK - just fresh off solving the reason I couldn't get vmplayer to start on my 1Ghz AMD 64 1GB of memory machine.... I started looking at vmserver. (RC1). Now, vmplayer is a free download (so is vmware server). I'm really liking what I see from vmware server and am......
- Virtual machine as a safe browsing environment I mentioned this in my summary yesterday morning as a possible workaround until there are patches for the WMF vulnerability that's been big news the last week. I notice that incidents.org has mentioned it too as a possibility today. VMware has released VMPLayer as a free way of running premade......
- Mandriva 2007 beta 1 is out Here is a link to the info page. It sounds as though there are several images available. Mandriva 2007 Beta 1 has Gnome and KDE centric 586 and x86_64 versions of cd images for download as well as an all in one (well - both architectures in one) DVD and......
- Specific Off Ice Training for Hockey Goalies and Skaters The HOCKEY STRONG Training System is a complete step by step guide for hockey players looking to improve their strength, speed, stamina and stability through off-ice training.No problem the training manual has photos of all stability and flexibility exercises PLUS I have included a bonus 60-minute DVD showing all of......
- Finding the Best WordPress Plugins for your Blog WordPress originally saw the light of day in 2003, and is now being used on thousands of different websites in countries all over the world. WordPress is designed to be a simple open source blogging tool that can be taken advantage of in two different ways: You can either take......
- A Simple Approach of Making and Delivering E-newsletters Newsletter making need not be very hard; everyone can essentially get it done with virtually no difficulty. The first thing that you will want to act on is deciding upon a niche for the news letter. Each e-zine will need to have a suitable topic. Any time you're selecting a......
- VMware Player officially released
- Virtualization | QEmu | VMWare | Virtualbox
- VM Player vmx builder
- Wow serious VMWare vulnerability HOST system infection
- Virtualbox virtualization open source availability