I found this one at The sunbelt blog, very good article referencing a talk on wireless network security by Xavier Ashe.
He highlights these trends:
* Wireless threats are increasing exponentially
* Tools are becoming increasingly available and easier to use…. For both good and bad
* Wireless risks and security a wireless infrastructure are misunderstood
He also provides a good overview of current security breaches/risks.
Too many businesses (especially small businesses) take wireless network security for granted assuming they can run out to Best Buy, buy a wireless access point plug it in and everything is fine. It’s definitely worth being aware of the risks.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Network Security guide for the home or small business network - Part 12 - Antispyware I've talked about Antivirus software as an essential. Today we're going to look at Antispyware software. There is a difference. By definition a virus is a piece of software that infects other files or copies itself. A worm is a virus that spreads without user intervention. (From one open network......
- Wireless ethernet security Flexbeta has an article giving a good primer on the different approaches to wireless security that are currently available and what seems to be on track for the next generation of wireless networking. One thing that is worth noting, if it's transmitted through the air it can be intercepted. Breaking......
- More information on Titan Rain ("Hack attacks") Earlier this year there was an article or two about a rumored "hack attack" that was ongoing against US Government (and contractor) computer systems. The stories claimed that the attacks seemed to be coming from China. Today I'm seeing a couple of articles on the topic. First up is an......
- The Hazards Of E-Commerce In Today's Industry The blueprint project reviewFrom the Online now, Electronic Commerce has become a vital a part of its everyday utilization. It has designed a absolutely new method of purchasing and selling goods. On the other hand, a number of hazards of e-commerce towards the consumers and sellers should be deemed. Shoppers......
- Best Buy Follow-Up As I reported previously, I had a little trouble with Best Buy's Geek Squad getting a computer fixed. I'd like to report that shortly after the post, I went back to get the result of the diagnosis and they found the error and agreed to do an exchange for a......
- Has Your Network Marketing Business Reached A Dead End? Really Network Marketing Isn't About Your Business [/caption] The secret to success in this industry isn't finding the right opportunity. It isn't knowing the best places to advertise or even how to get indexed correctly online. While those things help it isn't those things that are going to really help......
- The D-Link DWL-800AP+ as a wireless repeater to extend wireless range – Part 1
- Network Security – how should an open wireless access point be run beside a safe network?
- Network Security – Arp spoofing series
- How to use wireless networking on a laptop
- Windows Wireless vulnerability