I found this one at The sunbelt blog, very good article referencing a talk on wireless network security by Xavier Ashe.
He highlights these trends:
* Wireless threats are increasing exponentially
* Tools are becoming increasingly available and easier to use…. For both good and bad
* Wireless risks and security a wireless infrastructure are misunderstood
He also provides a good overview of current security breaches/risks.
Too many businesses (especially small businesses) take wireless network security for granted assuming they can run out to Best Buy, buy a wireless access point plug it in and everything is fine. It’s definitely worth being aware of the risks.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Network Security guide for the home or small business network - Part 2 - A Software Firewall Do I really need a hardware firewall? I'm running XP Service Pack 2 with the built in firewall? (or norton, or zonealarm?) Well, personal firewalls (the name that software firewalls go by) are good for a great many things that hardware firewalls AREN'T. They do have their limitations though and......
- Fun way to mess with wireless freeloaders.... Some people spend a lot of time finding ways to block the freeloaders from their wireless internet. Others find fun ways to mess with them.... They start off by settup up dhcpd.conf to carve out two subnets a "good" one with known mac addresses and an untrusted.... then the fun......
- Wireless ethernet security Flexbeta has an article giving a good primer on the different approaches to wireless security that are currently available and what seems to be on track for the next generation of wireless networking. One thing that is worth noting, if it's transmitted through the air it can be intercepted. Breaking......
- Creating Value in Your Marketing Just recently I witnessed Frank Kern launch hi Core Influence Campaign, Which lead nicely into his List Control Product which if I remember correctly was like $2997, I think he sold over 1000 copies in one day.. I could be wrong but I think it's somewhere around there.Â Much of......
- The Hazards Of E-Commerce In Today's Industry The blueprint project reviewFrom the Online now, Electronic Commerce has become a vital a part of its everyday utilization. It has designed a absolutely new method of purchasing and selling goods. On the other hand, a number of hazards of e-commerce towards the consumers and sellers should be deemed. Shoppers......
- Best Buy Follow-Up As I reported previously, I had a little trouble with Best Buy's Geek Squad getting a computer fixed. I'd like to report that shortly after the post, I went back to get the result of the diagnosis and they found the error and agreed to do an exchange for a......
- The D-Link DWL-800AP+ as a wireless repeater to extend wireless range – Part 1
- Network Security – how should an open wireless access point be run beside a safe network?
- Network Security – Arp spoofing series
- How to use wireless networking on a laptop
- Windows Wireless vulnerability