I found this one at The sunbelt blog, very good article referencing a talk on wireless network security by Xavier Ashe.
He highlights these trends:
* Wireless threats are increasing exponentially
* Tools are becoming increasingly available and easier to use…. For both good and bad
* Wireless risks and security a wireless infrastructure are misunderstood
He also provides a good overview of current security breaches/risks.
Too many businesses (especially small businesses) take wireless network security for granted assuming they can run out to Best Buy, buy a wireless access point plug it in and everything is fine. It’s definitely worth being aware of the risks.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Identity theft So, you don't click on "phishy" links, keep your pc free from spyware, only bank at secure websites, do all the good things a cautious computer user is supposed to do to keep from having your identity stolen. Your safe right? Not entirely. I just found this in the Security......
- WiFi Locator There are all sorts of these things out there on the market - I saw an ad for the Hawking HWL1 802.11b/g WiFi Locator... and it looked interesting (directional)... I've seen mixed reviews, but some might find it good/useful. I know, I know.... "why buy a wifi locator when you......
- Network Security guide for the home or small business network - Part 12 - Antispyware I've talked about Antivirus software as an essential. Today we're going to look at Antispyware software. There is a difference. By definition a virus is a piece of software that infects other files or copies itself. A worm is a virus that spreads without user intervention. (From one open network......
- Orrin Woodward, Scams, MonaVie, Team, and Lies... Oh My! I apologize in advance for another post about the evils of some multi-level networking scams. A reader alerted me to this this crazy rant by Orrin Woodward saying, "Looks as if your blogs are getting to Mr. Woodward... I do assume he's talking about [Lazy Man and Money] and Juice......
- Recommendations On Selecting The Best Network Monitoring Software For Your Business If you plan on buying software for network monitoring, there are some things you should remember about, which will help you choose the best program to fit your needs and your company. This will also allow you run your company smoothly and will increase the productivity. So, here are some......
- The Hazards Of E-Commerce In Today's Industry The blueprint project reviewFrom the Online now, Electronic Commerce has become a vital a part of its everyday utilization. It has designed a absolutely new method of purchasing and selling goods. On the other hand, a number of hazards of e-commerce towards the consumers and sellers should be deemed. Shoppers......
- The D-Link DWL-800AP+ as a wireless repeater to extend wireless range – Part 1
- Network Security – how should an open wireless access point be run beside a safe network?
- Network Security – Arp spoofing series
- How to use wireless networking on a laptop
- Windows Wireless vulnerability