I found this one at The sunbelt blog, very good article referencing a talk on wireless network security by Xavier Ashe.
He highlights these trends:
* Wireless threats are increasing exponentially
* Tools are becoming increasingly available and easier to use…. For both good and bad
* Wireless risks and security a wireless infrastructure are misunderstood
He also provides a good overview of current security breaches/risks.
Too many businesses (especially small businesses) take wireless network security for granted assuming they can run out to Best Buy, buy a wireless access point plug it in and everything is fine. It’s definitely worth being aware of the risks.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Identity theft So, you don't click on "phishy" links, keep your pc free from spyware, only bank at secure websites, do all the good things a cautious computer user is supposed to do to keep from having your identity stolen. Your safe right? Not entirely. I just found this in the Security......
- Wireless ethernet security Flexbeta has an article giving a good primer on the different approaches to wireless security that are currently available and what seems to be on track for the next generation of wireless networking. One thing that is worth noting, if it's transmitted through the air it can be intercepted. Breaking......
- WiFi Locator There are all sorts of these things out there on the market - I saw an ad for the Hawking HWL1 802.11b/g WiFi Locator... and it looked interesting (directional)... I've seen mixed reviews, but some might find it good/useful. I know, I know.... "why buy a wifi locator when you......
- How To Buy a Business - Buying a Business Checklist Buying a small business is considered to be best than starting a new business from scratch. However, you need to look at something before you make any deals. Here are some points for your guidance. Review the Business or Franchise Documents. Never buy business without inspecting the papers. Business and......
- Are You Using Social Networking Enough for Your Corporate Blog? In this day and age, if you want to get the most out of your blog, then you need to do more than simply write in it. Many bloggers are finding that they can get a lot more out of their corporate blogs if they choose to combine their blogging......
- Orrin Woodward, Scams, MonaVie, Team, and Lies... Oh My! I apologize in advance for another post about the evils of some multi-level networking scams. A reader alerted me to this this crazy rant by Orrin Woodward saying, "Looks as if your blogs are getting to Mr. Woodward... I do assume he's talking about [Lazy Man and Money] and Juice......
- The D-Link DWL-800AP+ as a wireless repeater to extend wireless range – Part 1
- Network Security – how should an open wireless access point be run beside a safe network?
- Network Security – Arp spoofing series
- How to use wireless networking on a laptop
- Windows Wireless vulnerability