AntiSpyware Shield Pro is a rogue antivirus that typically is installed via trojans or other malware. Once it’s invited itself onto the system it will do all sorts of things. It will popup warnings about the computers security. It will scan the computer for viruses and find many files that it claims are infected with viruses. It will warn that you have not activated your protection and as such it cannot fix any of these problems that it is reporting unless you purchase their software. This is a scam to scare you into sending them your money. The software is not to be trusted. Read on for how to remove antispyware shield pro.
The first step you should try to remove any software from your windows computer is to go to the control panel and then find the add/remove programs applet. In that listing look for the software you wish to remove. In this case it would be antispyware shield pro although you may wish to look several different ways in case it has been spelled differently or they’ve called it shield pro antispyware or something like that. Then you can try to uninstall antispyware shield pro if you can find it in the listing. If it works, great…. you should next follow up with a malware remover scan such as malwarebytes antimalware and or superantispyware and then follow THAT scan up with a trusted (reputable) antiviru such as trendmicros online scanner, avg, avira, etc.
For the rest of this removal you will want a utility such as malwarebytes antimalware. You can find a download link on my virus removal toolkit page. While you’re there go ahead and download process explorer. It may be useful as we move through this process as well.
This program launches a process called antispyshield.exe which acts as a watcher to make sure that antispyware shield pro stays on the system. For this reason it is a challenge to remove.
This particular rogue may try to prevent you from visiting certain websites that may help you remove the rogue from your machine. In that case you may need to use a portable usb drive to download utilities onto using a clean, computer with internet access.
One such utility that you may wish to add to your download list is rkill.com from bleepingcomputer.com They have created this program to kill off running processes of many of these rogues. However, since the rogue doesn’t want to go peacefully it will sometimes complain that rkill.com is an infection. If you see this kind of warning, leave the window open and run rkill.com again and again and again until all the rogues running programs have gone away. Don’t close down and reboot before installing malwarebytes antimalware.
Install and run a full scan removing what it finds. The structure of these pests are making it harder and harder to do a manual removal of antispyware shield pro and other rogues these days. However, for your assistance here are the files that are associated with this rogue:
%progfiles%Antispyware Shield Pro
%progfiles%Antispyware Shield Proantispyshield.exe
%progfiles%Antispyware Shield ProLicense.rtf
%progfiles%Antispyware Shield Prouninst.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication DataJKPF893
%docs%All UsersApplication DataJKPF893restore.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication DataMicrosoftRestore
%docs%All UsersApplication DataMicrosoftRestorestorage.dat
%docs%%user%DesktopAntispyware Shield Pro.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsAntispyware Shield Pro
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsAntispyware Shield ProAntispyware Shield Pro.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsAntispyware Shield ProUninstall.lnk
The running processes associated with this rogue will be:
Again, I do not recommend a manual removal of antispyware shield pro, however there are ways you could make it happen (linux boot disc to rename/remove the above files and then reboot into windows and run malwarebytes to clean up the leftovers for instance.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SoftCop | SoftCop Removal Guide SoftCop seems to be another rogue antivirus entry in the quite prolific Wini family which includes such rogues as the recent Softsoldier (How to remove SoftSoldier), ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal guide and the following others... SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter......
- How to Remove SysDefence | Sysdefence Removal Guide Sysdefence is another rogue antivirus application from the wini family. This family of rogues has been quite prolific lately and typically is pushed on computer users through aggressive trojans that will appear on web pages masquerading as an update for flash player or a video codec for a video that......
- How to Remove APCSafe | APCSafe Removal Guide APCSafe is another of the recent variations on the Wini family of rogue antivirus applications. Like all the others it is pushed by trojan activity... this is typically a video site that claims to have a sought after video, but alas.... the video cannot be viewed unless you install a......
- Spyware Adware Removal At Free Of Cost Adware and spyware have always been a major problem of using the internet and. Because of their hostile behavior, they have turned into malware. Some people intentionally use it for identity theft purpose. Some steps can help you stay away from its hazardous behavior. Use Latest Browser Using latest and......
- How To Remove Vista Internet Security 2011 Virus You may be the latest victim of Vista Internet Security 2011. This name-changing virus has the different version, but no matter what version you have, the issues are the equivalent. The cyberpunks who formulated this virus were quite professional to make the program dynamically change its name according to windows......
- Registry Fix Every Microsoft Windows operating system has a registry. Your system registry holds a wealth of information about your computer, which is why we constantly hear from users that after using their PC for a short length of time, it no longer works the way it used to. This is due......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide
- How to Remove SystemCleanerPro | SystemCleanerPro Removal Guide