AntiSpyware Shield Pro is a rogue antivirus that typically is installed via trojans or other malware. Once it’s invited itself onto the system it will do all sorts of things. It will popup warnings about the computers security. It will scan the computer for viruses and find many files that it claims are infected with viruses. It will warn that you have not activated your protection and as such it cannot fix any of these problems that it is reporting unless you purchase their software. This is a scam to scare you into sending them your money. The software is not to be trusted. Read on for how to remove antispyware shield pro.
The first step you should try to remove any software from your windows computer is to go to the control panel and then find the add/remove programs applet. In that listing look for the software you wish to remove. In this case it would be antispyware shield pro although you may wish to look several different ways in case it has been spelled differently or they’ve called it shield pro antispyware or something like that. Then you can try to uninstall antispyware shield pro if you can find it in the listing. If it works, great…. you should next follow up with a malware remover scan such as malwarebytes antimalware and or superantispyware and then follow THAT scan up with a trusted (reputable) antiviru such as trendmicros online scanner, avg, avira, etc.
For the rest of this removal you will want a utility such as malwarebytes antimalware. You can find a download link on my virus removal toolkit page. While you’re there go ahead and download process explorer. It may be useful as we move through this process as well.
This program launches a process called antispyshield.exe which acts as a watcher to make sure that antispyware shield pro stays on the system. For this reason it is a challenge to remove.
This particular rogue may try to prevent you from visiting certain websites that may help you remove the rogue from your machine. In that case you may need to use a portable usb drive to download utilities onto using a clean, computer with internet access.
One such utility that you may wish to add to your download list is rkill.com from bleepingcomputer.com They have created this program to kill off running processes of many of these rogues. However, since the rogue doesn’t want to go peacefully it will sometimes complain that rkill.com is an infection. If you see this kind of warning, leave the window open and run rkill.com again and again and again until all the rogues running programs have gone away. Don’t close down and reboot before installing malwarebytes antimalware.
Install and run a full scan removing what it finds. The structure of these pests are making it harder and harder to do a manual removal of antispyware shield pro and other rogues these days. However, for your assistance here are the files that are associated with this rogue:
%progfiles%Antispyware Shield Pro
%progfiles%Antispyware Shield Proantispyshield.exe
%progfiles%Antispyware Shield ProLicense.rtf
%progfiles%Antispyware Shield Prouninst.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication DataJKPF893
%docs%All UsersApplication DataJKPF893restore.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication DataMicrosoftRestore
%docs%All UsersApplication DataMicrosoftRestorestorage.dat
%docs%%user%DesktopAntispyware Shield Pro.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsAntispyware Shield Pro
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsAntispyware Shield ProAntispyware Shield Pro.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuProgramsAntispyware Shield ProUninstall.lnk
The running processes associated with this rogue will be:
Again, I do not recommend a manual removal of antispyware shield pro, however there are ways you could make it happen (linux boot disc to rename/remove the above files and then reboot into windows and run malwarebytes to clean up the leftovers for instance.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove TrustCop | TrustCop Removal Guide TrustCop is another rogue antivirus application in the long line of the family that gave us SecureSoldier (SecureSoldier removal guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal Guide) and countless other renamings before that. They essentially all have the same look, feel and theming. The only thing that's different is the name. They also......
- How to Remove SystemCleanerPro | SystemCleanerPro Removal Guide SystemCleanerPro is a rogue antivirus application. It is a part of the WinSpywareProtect family and will run at system startup. It will popup many warnings about your computers security (or lack thereof). It will scan your system and claim there are viruses and it will repeatedly nag you about purchasing......
- How to Remove Total PC Defender | Total PC Defender Removal Guide Total PC Defender is a rogue antivirus application that installs via malware and trojans. The software then runs each time the system boots and will run a fake scan that is designed to scare the user. This scan will find security problems, numerous viruses and they will further claim that......
- Screw Extractor Guide pt 2 This is part two of a series on screw extractors. These are handy little tools that come quite in handy any time you have a screw head that has become stripped out or that has broken off, or if you have a bolt that has a head that has become......
- Caulk Removal 101 There are easy tutorials that make DIY projects significantly easier. The following is a basic straight forward tutorial for removing caulk. If you are a first timer to the act of removing caulk from any surface, then this particular tutorial is going to help to steer you in the right......
- How To Remove Vista Internet Security 2011 Virus You may be the latest victim of Vista Internet Security 2011. This name-changing virus has the different version, but no matter what version you have, the issues are the equivalent. The cyberpunks who formulated this virus were quite professional to make the program dynamically change its name according to windows......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove SiteVillain | SiteVillain Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide
- How to Remove SystemCleanerPro | SystemCleanerPro Removal Guide