Anti-Virus Elite is a rogue antivirus application. These rogue antivirus applications pose as a legitimate security application, but in reality is a scam to try to trick you out of money. They will find and claim that there are multiple security problems with your computer. They will claim that you have many viruses. Most of these claims are overblown and false. They further will claim that in order to remove the problems you should purchase their software and then they will be able to fix everything. Don’t fall for this scam. Instead, read on for how to remove Anti-Virus Elite.
The first thing you should try in your removal of anti-virus elite is to go to the control panel, then add/remove programs and attempt to uninstall anti-virus elite the way you should for any other program. If it works, follow up with a malware scan and then follow that with an antivirus scan. For a malware removal tool you may wish to use malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware. For a trusted antivirus tool you may wish to use something like avg, avira, trendmicro. Make certain that it is a trusted tool.
Go ahead and block the following site if possible to avoid future problems from this rogue:
You may find a download link for malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. While there you may also wish to download process explorer. It may be useful later in the process of removing anti-virus elite.
If you are unable to launch malwarebytes antimalware then try the following: 1) rename the installer mbam-setup.exe to firefox.exe and retry the install, update and scan. 2 ) reboot into safe mode (with networking) and retry the install, update and scan. 3) follow the next step which is killing off the running processes associated with anti-virus elite and then retry the install.
The following processes are associated with this rogue and should be terminated using the process explorer. If you are unable to launch the process explorer, try the following: 1) copy your task manager program (taskmgr.exe) to the desktop, rename it to something like explorer.exe. then try to launch it and kill off the processes listed. 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the processes listed are running, if not, use safe mode to proceed with the removal. 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the following:
The following files and folders should be deleted to manually remove anti-virus elite:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAnti-Virus EliteAnti-Virus Elite.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAnti-Virus EliteUninstall Anti-Virus Elite.lnk
%progfiles%Anti-Virus EliteAnti-Virus Elite.exe
Some of the files listed above may be randomized depending on the install of Anti-virus elite. You should use the locations listed and what you find on your machine to decide what should be terminated and removed. After the above files are deleted you will have completed your manual removal of anti-virus elite. You should still follow up with a malware removal scan such as malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware, then follow THAT up with an antivirus scan from a trusted antivirus product such as avira, avast, trendmicro, mcafee or avg.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SystemWarrior | SystemWarrior Removal Guide SystemWarrior is a rogue security application from the Wini family. It was the last in a long line of Wini rogues to use the older user interface before the release of AntiAid (you never know - they may reuse this interface, but there are a lot of rogues in this......
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide) Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus application that uses the name of Windows Defender and the similarities of their name to appear as an official product or add on to windows. Of course, the real Windows Defender is a legitimate application, but Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus......
- How to Remove System Adware Scanner 2010 | System Adware Scanner 2010 Removal Guide System Adware Scanner 2010 is a new and aggressive rogue antivirus application. Once installed on a system it creates a program that acts as a guard of sorts for it's main process. This guard process is called noterminate and will pop up warnings and encourage users to purchase the rogue......
- Protecting Yourself On The Internet Since its beginning in 1990 the online market place has revolutionised the way the world shares info. Unfortunately, it in addition has opened up a whole new world with bad people doing bad things. Illegal material hasn't been so easily available Big Dog Formula to tempt probably the most innocent......
- eBook Fishing in California The Complete Guide to California Fishing Download Your 32 Page FREE eBook Are you planning a vacation to California? Looking for a better way to fish the more than 1000 lakes throughout this state? You'll find everything you need to know inside The Complete Guide to California Fishing! We've......
- WebFusion Webhosting Evaluation Webfusion Webhosting Evaluation Internet host Evaluation - WebFusion WebFusion has 4 diverse hosting plans constructed to accommodate your requirements and aggressive pricing. WebFusion provides webmasters and site owners' fantastic flexibility and just the scale they need to have for his or her internet site. WebFuision is component of your Pipex......
- How to Remove SiteAdware | SiteAdware Removal Guide
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiTroy | AntiTroy Removal Guide
- How to Remove IGuardPC | IGuardPC Removal Guide
- How to Remove ProtectPCs | ProtectPCs Removal Guide