Anti-Virus Elite is a rogue antivirus application. These rogue antivirus applications pose as a legitimate security application, but in reality is a scam to try to trick you out of money. They will find and claim that there are multiple security problems with your computer. They will claim that you have many viruses. Most of these claims are overblown and false. They further will claim that in order to remove the problems you should purchase their software and then they will be able to fix everything. Don’t fall for this scam. Instead, read on for how to remove Anti-Virus Elite.
The first thing you should try in your removal of anti-virus elite is to go to the control panel, then add/remove programs and attempt to uninstall anti-virus elite the way you should for any other program. If it works, follow up with a malware scan and then follow that with an antivirus scan. For a malware removal tool you may wish to use malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware. For a trusted antivirus tool you may wish to use something like avg, avira, trendmicro. Make certain that it is a trusted tool.
Go ahead and block the following site if possible to avoid future problems from this rogue:
You may find a download link for malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. While there you may also wish to download process explorer. It may be useful later in the process of removing anti-virus elite.
If you are unable to launch malwarebytes antimalware then try the following: 1) rename the installer mbam-setup.exe to firefox.exe and retry the install, update and scan. 2 ) reboot into safe mode (with networking) and retry the install, update and scan. 3) follow the next step which is killing off the running processes associated with anti-virus elite and then retry the install.
The following processes are associated with this rogue and should be terminated using the process explorer. If you are unable to launch the process explorer, try the following: 1) copy your task manager program (taskmgr.exe) to the desktop, rename it to something like explorer.exe. then try to launch it and kill off the processes listed. 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the processes listed are running, if not, use safe mode to proceed with the removal. 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the following:
The following files and folders should be deleted to manually remove anti-virus elite:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAnti-Virus EliteAnti-Virus Elite.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsAnti-Virus EliteUninstall Anti-Virus Elite.lnk
%progfiles%Anti-Virus EliteAnti-Virus Elite.exe
Some of the files listed above may be randomized depending on the install of Anti-virus elite. You should use the locations listed and what you find on your machine to decide what should be terminated and removed. After the above files are deleted you will have completed your manual removal of anti-virus elite. You should still follow up with a malware removal scan such as malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware, then follow THAT up with an antivirus scan from a trusted antivirus product such as avira, avast, trendmicro, mcafee or avg.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Guard Pro | Guard Pro Removal Guide Guard Pro is a rogue antivirus application that is promoted through the use of malware and trojan horses. Once it is installed on a system it will run at startup and will scan the computer claiming to find files infected with viruses and finding security problems with your system. It......
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide) Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus application that uses the name of Windows Defender and the similarities of their name to appear as an official product or add on to windows. Of course, the real Windows Defender is a legitimate application, but Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus......
- How to Remove System Adware Scanner 2010 | System Adware Scanner 2010 Removal Guide System Adware Scanner 2010 is a new and aggressive rogue antivirus application. Once installed on a system it creates a program that acts as a guard of sorts for it's main process. This guard process is called noterminate and will pop up warnings and encourage users to purchase the rogue......
- Combating Computer Espionage Combating Computer EspionageCombating Computer Espionage In some cases, spies as well as covert operations are found in war grounds or politically tense regions. Now in spite of everything, you can find spies in addition to covert operations running undetected within your personal computer system as you use your computer along......
- Installing a Pet Door Installing a unique door for your dog or your cat is a great way for you to make pet ownership a little simpler, because it will allow your pet to go out and come in at will rather than scratching at the door for your attention all throughout the day.......
- FREE AntiVirus Software FREE AVG Anti-virus Software Review Magnanimously protecting your PC... While many of my readers have heard of AVG Free Edition, many still have not so, I thought I would go over the Anti-virus software that protects many of my personal PC's from the wild west internet. As far as AV......
- How to Remove SiteAdware | SiteAdware Removal Guide
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiTroy | AntiTroy Removal Guide
- How to Remove IGuardPC | IGuardPC Removal Guide
- How to Remove ProtectPCs | ProtectPCs Removal Guide