ReSpyWare is a rogue antivirus/ antimalware application in the same family as Reanti,keepcop and secure keeper and unfortunately a very very long line of other predecessors. They are not much different except in their names. Probably the biggest shared trait is the annoying warnings about supposed viruses on your computer and that it can’t clean up those viruses unless you pay. The other similarity with these is that they are all useless. So, this is essentially a scam to separate people from their money. Read on for how to remove respyware.
First you may wish to visit the control panel and uninstall respyware the traditional way through add/remove programs. Even if that works you should follow up with a scan of your computer with superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and then a scan with a trusted antivirus. An online scanner such as housecall from trend micro would be okay, or you could make use of a standalone antivirus application such as avg or avira. Just make sure to find a trusted, reputable tool to work with and not one of these rogues.
You can find a link to download malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. You may wish to also download process explorer while you’re there as you may need to use it further along in this process.
If you are able to, go ahead and install, update and run malwarebytes antimalware. If that fails for some reason the rogue is likely preventing it. You could try one of the following. 1) rename the installer mbam-setup.exe to something else such as firefox.exe and retry the install,update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry the install,update and scan. 3) follow the next part of a manual removal of respyware and after the running processes related to respyware are killed off then retry the malwarebytes install.
The following processes associated with respyware should be killed off using the task manager:
If you are unable to launch the task manager you can try the following: 1) copy and paste the taskmgr.exe program file to your desktop. Once it has been copied rename it to something else…. iexplore.exe and retry launching it. 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the programs listed above are running. 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the above processes.
The following files and folders should be deleted for a full manual removal of respyware:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsRESpyWare
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsRESpyWare1 RESpyWare.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsRESpyWare2 Homepage.lnk
Even after all of the above files and folders have been deleted you should still run a full scan of your computer to make sure you have completely removed respyware. Make use of free tools such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and a free online scan from a reputable antivirus vendor (housecall from trend micro) or a free standalone antivirus product such as avg or avira.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Internet Security 2010 | Internet Security 2010 Removal Guide Internet Security 2010 is the name of a rogue antivirus application that is one of the more recent to be making the rounds. It will typically install itself on your system through the use of other malware. These rogue antivirus applications typically will pop up warnings and alerts about the......
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide PCSProtector is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family of rogues. They are essentially clones of each other and all resemble each other with the minor modification of the name of the rogue and it's files. These rogues are typically distributed by trojan horse activity as well as malware......
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide Proving once again that it takes little creativity to put out rogue antivirus applications, the same group that was behind secure fighter (securefighter removal guide) have renamed their software again and one of the more recent versions is called securewarrior. Read on for a guide to the removal of securewarrior.......
- 10 Basic Tips for Securing Your Computer Today, most people have personal information, including financial information and family photos on their personal computer. All it takes is one virus or worm to destroy all of your information, making it vital to protect your computer. Protecting your computer is the best way to ensure all of your personal......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- Circle & Bloom Ipod Shuffle Giveaway! I have never been the type of person to try anything "new age" or any sort of alternative forms of medicine. But being on this TTC journey has pretty much left me with my hands thrown up in the air saying to myself and everyone else....I give up! No,......
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiTroy | AntiTroy Removal Guide
- How to Remove SiteAdware | SiteAdware Removal Guide