ReSpyWare is a rogue antivirus/ antimalware application in the same family as Reanti,keepcop and secure keeper and unfortunately a very very long line of other predecessors. They are not much different except in their names. Probably the biggest shared trait is the annoying warnings about supposed viruses on your computer and that it can’t clean up those viruses unless you pay. The other similarity with these is that they are all useless. So, this is essentially a scam to separate people from their money. Read on for how to remove respyware.
First you may wish to visit the control panel and uninstall respyware the traditional way through add/remove programs. Even if that works you should follow up with a scan of your computer with superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and then a scan with a trusted antivirus. An online scanner such as housecall from trend micro would be okay, or you could make use of a standalone antivirus application such as avg or avira. Just make sure to find a trusted, reputable tool to work with and not one of these rogues.
You can find a link to download malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. You may wish to also download process explorer while you’re there as you may need to use it further along in this process.
If you are able to, go ahead and install, update and run malwarebytes antimalware. If that fails for some reason the rogue is likely preventing it. You could try one of the following. 1) rename the installer mbam-setup.exe to something else such as firefox.exe and retry the install,update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry the install,update and scan. 3) follow the next part of a manual removal of respyware and after the running processes related to respyware are killed off then retry the malwarebytes install.
The following processes associated with respyware should be killed off using the task manager:
If you are unable to launch the task manager you can try the following: 1) copy and paste the taskmgr.exe program file to your desktop. Once it has been copied rename it to something else…. iexplore.exe and retry launching it. 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the programs listed above are running. 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the above processes.
The following files and folders should be deleted for a full manual removal of respyware:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsRESpyWare
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsRESpyWare1 RESpyWare.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsRESpyWare2 Homepage.lnk
Even after all of the above files and folders have been deleted you should still run a full scan of your computer to make sure you have completely removed respyware. Make use of free tools such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and a free online scan from a reputable antivirus vendor (housecall from trend micro) or a free standalone antivirus product such as avg or avira.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Armor Defender | Armor Defender Removal Guide Armor Defender is the latest rogue antivirus from the wini family of rogues. It takes a bit of a departure from the recent look of their rogues. However, like all of it's other cousins in the fact that it is promoted by trojan, malware and they masquerade as flash updates......
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide GreatDefender is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family. It is installed onto a system through the use of trojans and other malware which should give you an indication that it is not something that you want on your system. (It's usually a bad sign when you don't know......
- How to Remove SysDefence | Sysdefence Removal Guide Sysdefence is another rogue antivirus application from the wini family. This family of rogues has been quite prolific lately and typically is pushed on computer users through aggressive trojans that will appear on web pages masquerading as an update for flash player or a video codec for a video that......
- Change a Lock in 5 Steps Changing out a lock tends to be a relatively simple and straight forward task that only requires a few minutes of your time. A little bit of effort can really go a long way when it comes to providing you with some much needed peace of mind. This is a......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- Trojan Horse Protection - Antivirus Trojan Software In today’s online environment it’s important to know what risks lie ahead at each click. This paper will describe so of the malicious kinds of attacks your Home/Office PC may encounter online. Now I’m sure we have all heard of Viruses online and some of you have heard of Trojans.......
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiTroy | AntiTroy Removal Guide
- How to Remove SiteAdware | SiteAdware Removal Guide