Nortel Antivirus is another of the recent rogue security applications making the rounds. One thing that makes this rogue antivirus application unique is it’s attempt to play on the trust of the Norton Antivirus branding and icons by presenting a similar themed antivirus package and name that really doesn’t measure up. It installs by means of trojan or other vulnerability exploits and claims (as they all do) a laundry list of problems that can be fixed on your computer. Infected files, etc. really aren’t infected and as usual they are after your payment for this scareware.
So let’s take a look at how to remove nortel antivirus.
First off, as with all of these I highly recommend MalwareBytes Antimalware, which you can find on my virus removal tool list. The easiest path may be to install malwarebytes antimalware (MBAM) and update it, then run a scan. Another option, if the system is too difficult to work with would be to boot into safe mode and try running malwarebytes antimalware. (You’ll need safe mode with networking in order to do an update of MBAM.)
If you go for manual disabling and removal of this pest you will want to kill off the following system processes and can use task manager to stop the following:
Then you can delete the following files and the folder for Nortel:
%documens%All UsersApplication Datanolwox.exe
As always, even with a manual removal of Nortel Antivirus you should install and update MBAM (malwarebytes antimalware) and let it run a scan of the system.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove System Adware Scanner 2010 | System Adware Scanner 2010 Removal Guide System Adware Scanner 2010 is a new and aggressive rogue antivirus application. Once installed on a system it creates a program that acts as a guard of sorts for it's main process. This guard process is called noterminate and will pop up warnings and encourage users to purchase the rogue......
- How to Remove ReAnti | ReAnti Removal Guide ReAnti is a rogue antivirus application from the Wini family. It is typically promoted through supposed flash player updates or video codec updates. Once on your system it will pretend to run a scan and find all sorts of files that it claims are infected with viruses. Of course, like......
- So who is behind Windows Police Pro Virus / Rogue Security Software? As I've seen the continuing FLOOD of searches for some way to Remove Windows Police Pro, I've been starting to wonder at the who is behind this particular piece of junk software. These programs aren't written by your average ordinary virus writer, there is really too much spit and polish......
- Selecting Among The Free And Paid Antivirus Software In Order To Find The Best Option Computers are a necessary part of our lives and they have penetrated our professional as well as personal life. This is why a lot of people care about safeguarding the important data stored in their computers against different harmful programs like viruses which are made to steal or damage it.......
- Choosing A Good Antivirus Software To Protect Your Computer We have many different programs set up on our computer and one of the most significant ones is the antivirus software. This software looks through all the files stored in our system, defines if there are any suspicious or malicious data and flags them for removal. Your antivirus protection scans......
- Antivirus Software Vs. Internet Security Software Lots of individuals believe that antivirus software and internet security software are same. While they protect your PC and avoid it from being attacked and infected by threats, they have exact roles in terms of defense and safety for your PC. Antivirus software can be installed on your personal computer......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide