Nortel Antivirus is another of the recent rogue security applications making the rounds. One thing that makes this rogue antivirus application unique is it’s attempt to play on the trust of the Norton Antivirus branding and icons by presenting a similar themed antivirus package and name that really doesn’t measure up. It installs by means of trojan or other vulnerability exploits and claims (as they all do) a laundry list of problems that can be fixed on your computer. Infected files, etc. really aren’t infected and as usual they are after your payment for this scareware.
So let’s take a look at how to remove nortel antivirus.
First off, as with all of these I highly recommend MalwareBytes Antimalware, which you can find on my virus removal tool list. The easiest path may be to install malwarebytes antimalware (MBAM) and update it, then run a scan. Another option, if the system is too difficult to work with would be to boot into safe mode and try running malwarebytes antimalware. (You’ll need safe mode with networking in order to do an update of MBAM.)
If you go for manual disabling and removal of this pest you will want to kill off the following system processes and can use task manager to stop the following:
Then you can delete the following files and the folder for Nortel:
%documens%All UsersApplication Datanolwox.exe
As always, even with a manual removal of Nortel Antivirus you should install and update MBAM (malwarebytes antimalware) and let it run a scan of the system.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Enterprise Suite | Enterprise Suite Removal Guide Enterprise Suite is a rogue antivirus application that is a successor to Windows Enterprise Suite. Enterprise Suite is usually installed without permission on a machine and displays numerous fake scans and popups claiming that the system is infected with multiple viruses. All of these claims are falsified and should not......
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide Data Doctor 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It will pop up warnings and claim that your system is infected with viruses or has other security problems. In reality the worst problem you have is that Data Doctor 2010 is on your system. It will further claim that it can......
- How to Remove System Adware Scanner 2010 | System Adware Scanner 2010 Removal Guide System Adware Scanner 2010 is a new and aggressive rogue antivirus application. Once installed on a system it creates a program that acts as a guard of sorts for it's main process. This guard process is called noterminate and will pop up warnings and encourage users to purchase the rogue......
- Why You Need a Good Home Security System There are many unexpected things which can happen these days. The world can seem pretty cruel at times. This is when you want to be able to come home and feel safe. After all, your home is a place where you want to be able to feel your best......
- Intego VirusBarrier X6 Mac Antivirus Tools Intego VirusBarrier is hands-down the top Mac antivirus software you can buy. Combining rock-solid protection, comprehensive features and a firewall everything in one usable interface, Intego VirusBarrier X6 sets the conventional of excellence on the subject of Mac security. Put simply, we didn’t find the same a higher level protection......
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 - Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 - Critical Vulnerability in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2286198) Published: August 02, 2010 | Updated: August 03, 2010 Version: 1.1 General Information Executive Summary This security update resolves a publicly disclosed vulnerability in Windows Shell. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if the icon......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide