Nortel Antivirus is another of the recent rogue security applications making the rounds. One thing that makes this rogue antivirus application unique is it’s attempt to play on the trust of the Norton Antivirus branding and icons by presenting a similar themed antivirus package and name that really doesn’t measure up. It installs by means of trojan or other vulnerability exploits and claims (as they all do) a laundry list of problems that can be fixed on your computer. Infected files, etc. really aren’t infected and as usual they are after your payment for this scareware.
So let’s take a look at how to remove nortel antivirus.
First off, as with all of these I highly recommend MalwareBytes Antimalware, which you can find on my virus removal tool list. The easiest path may be to install malwarebytes antimalware (MBAM) and update it, then run a scan. Another option, if the system is too difficult to work with would be to boot into safe mode and try running malwarebytes antimalware. (You’ll need safe mode with networking in order to do an update of MBAM.)
If you go for manual disabling and removal of this pest you will want to kill off the following system processes and can use task manager to stop the following:
Then you can delete the following files and the folder for Nortel:
%documens%All UsersApplication Datanolwox.exe
As always, even with a manual removal of Nortel Antivirus you should install and update MBAM (malwarebytes antimalware) and let it run a scan of the system.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide Data Doctor 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It will pop up warnings and claim that your system is infected with viruses or has other security problems. In reality the worst problem you have is that Data Doctor 2010 is on your system. It will further claim that it can......
- How to Remove MaCatte Antivirus 2009 | Removal Guide MaCatte Antivirus 2009 is a rogue antivirus application that hopes you will mistake it for the popular McAfee antivirus. Their look and feel is very similar to that of McAfee, but as most rogue antivirus applications it is a program that will give you little more than falsified warnings about......
- How to Remove System Adware Scanner 2010 | System Adware Scanner 2010 Removal Guide System Adware Scanner 2010 is a new and aggressive rogue antivirus application. Once installed on a system it creates a program that acts as a guard of sorts for it's main process. This guard process is called noterminate and will pop up warnings and encourage users to purchase the rogue......
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 - Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 - Critical Vulnerability in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2286198) Published: August 02, 2010 | Updated: August 03, 2010 Version: 1.1 General Information Executive Summary This security update resolves a publicly disclosed vulnerability in Windows Shell. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if the icon......
- Selecting Among The Free And Paid Antivirus Software In Order To Find The Best Option Computers are a necessary part of our lives and they have penetrated our professional as well as personal life. This is why a lot of people care about safeguarding the important data stored in their computers against different harmful programs like viruses which are made to steal or damage it.......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide