Nortel Antivirus is another of the recent rogue security applications making the rounds. One thing that makes this rogue antivirus application unique is it’s attempt to play on the trust of the Norton Antivirus branding and icons by presenting a similar themed antivirus package and name that really doesn’t measure up. It installs by means of trojan or other vulnerability exploits and claims (as they all do) a laundry list of problems that can be fixed on your computer. Infected files, etc. really aren’t infected and as usual they are after your payment for this scareware.
So let’s take a look at how to remove nortel antivirus.
First off, as with all of these I highly recommend MalwareBytes Antimalware, which you can find on my virus removal tool list. The easiest path may be to install malwarebytes antimalware (MBAM) and update it, then run a scan. Another option, if the system is too difficult to work with would be to boot into safe mode and try running malwarebytes antimalware. (You’ll need safe mode with networking in order to do an update of MBAM.)
If you go for manual disabling and removal of this pest you will want to kill off the following system processes and can use task manager to stop the following:
Then you can delete the following files and the folder for Nortel:
%documens%All UsersApplication Datanolwox.exe
As always, even with a manual removal of Nortel Antivirus you should install and update MBAM (malwarebytes antimalware) and let it run a scan of the system.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide) Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus application that uses the name of Windows Defender and the similarities of their name to appear as an official product or add on to windows. Of course, the real Windows Defender is a legitimate application, but Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus......
- How to Remove Anti-Virus Elite | Anti-Virus Elite Removal Guide Anti-Virus Elite is a rogue antivirus application. These rogue antivirus applications pose as a legitimate security application, but in reality is a scam to try to trick you out of money. They will find and claim that there are multiple security problems with your computer. They will claim that you......
- So who is behind Windows Police Pro Virus / Rogue Security Software? As I've seen the continuing FLOOD of searches for some way to Remove Windows Police Pro, I've been starting to wonder at the who is behind this particular piece of junk software. These programs aren't written by your average ordinary virus writer, there is really too much spit and polish......
- How Software Can Help Determine Coin Collection Value Everywhere you turn things are going high tech. Cars have navigation systems in them which will tell you where to turn. Phones can tell you where the nearest hot spot is. Your computer can tell you what your coin collection value is. This last one is something which even many......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- Why You Need a Good Home Security System There are many unexpected things which can happen these days. The world can seem pretty cruel at times. This is when you want to be able to come home and feel safe. After all, your home is a place where you want to be able to feel your best......
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide