Blockdefense is yet another of these wolves in sheep clothing that make some computer users lives so miserable these days. It is from the same group of malware that includes Trustninja, save soldier, and savedefense. These are part of a group of rogue antivirus programs that are part of the WinGuard group of related malware.
Like so many of these it encourages users to buy based on trumped up fears about files that it claims are threats. (Which it created on the disk.) So, here is how you go about removal of blockdefense…
First off you will want to visit the virus removal toolkit and download malwarebytes antimalware. If possible you may be able to install and update this program without needing to visit safe mode or disable blockdefense outright. However, you may need to disable the blockdefense running processes first.
The processes that run as block defense are:
If you want to go for a manual removal, you may want to boot into safe mode first and or disable the running processes listed above. The files you need to delete in order to remove blockdefense are:
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense1 BlockDefense.lnk
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense2 Homepage.lnk
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense3 Uninstall.lnk
After this I still recommend running a good malware removal tool like malwarebytes antimalware (Mbam). It can help clean out blockdefense and any other traces it may leave on your system.
Update — additional running processes may include:
and additional files to remove may include the following:
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove ProtectPCs | ProtectPCs Removal Guide ProtectPCs is a rogue antivirus application from the Wini family of rogues. It will push itself through claims of it being a video codec update or flash player update. Usually these appear on a site that shows up in the search results for whatever latest greatest sought after video clip......
- How to Remove ShieldSafeness | ShieldSafeness Removal Guide The Wini family of rogue antivirus software has given us yet another version in the last couple days... ShieldSafeness. This is quick on the heels of SoftStronghold (softstronghold removal guide) and succeeds the following variants in this prolific family.... Softveteran (see the softveteran removal guide) but.... SoftCop (see the SoftCop......
- How to Remove AntiAdd | AntiAdd Removal Guide AntiAdd is a rogue antivirus application. It is installed via trojans that claim to be video codec or flash player updates and then once installed on the system it will claim to be scanning your computer and discovering all sorts of viral infected files. In addition to this it may......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- Spyware Adware Removal Has Become Very Easy Today Spyware adware removal is a common activity for most PC users across the world today. Thanks to the advanced technology we can have its benefits anywhere we go; we even have free spyware removal programs. These have to be downloaded only from the genuine website from the internet. These anti......
- Types of Coin Collecting Software Collecting different coins is a truly pleasurable and profitable type of hobby or endeavor. Most people who are novices in collecting encounter problems relating to having too many coins, and therefore they do not have an adequate amount of information about the coins that they have or about the coins......
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide