Blockdefense is yet another of these wolves in sheep clothing that make some computer users lives so miserable these days. It is from the same group of malware that includes Trustninja, save soldier, and savedefense. These are part of a group of rogue antivirus programs that are part of the WinGuard group of related malware.
Like so many of these it encourages users to buy based on trumped up fears about files that it claims are threats. (Which it created on the disk.) So, here is how you go about removal of blockdefense…
First off you will want to visit the virus removal toolkit and download malwarebytes antimalware. If possible you may be able to install and update this program without needing to visit safe mode or disable blockdefense outright. However, you may need to disable the blockdefense running processes first.
The processes that run as block defense are:
If you want to go for a manual removal, you may want to boot into safe mode first and or disable the running processes listed above. The files you need to delete in order to remove blockdefense are:
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense1 BlockDefense.lnk
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense2 Homepage.lnk
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense3 Uninstall.lnk
After this I still recommend running a good malware removal tool like malwarebytes antimalware (Mbam). It can help clean out blockdefense and any other traces it may leave on your system.
Update — additional running processes may include:
and additional files to remove may include the following:
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove ShieldSafeness | ShieldSafeness Removal Guide The Wini family of rogue antivirus software has given us yet another version in the last couple days... ShieldSafeness. This is quick on the heels of SoftStronghold (softstronghold removal guide) and succeeds the following variants in this prolific family.... Softveteran (see the softveteran removal guide) but.... SoftCop (see the SoftCop......
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal Yes, it's another rogue antivirus package that causes all sorts of headaches, popups, false warnings and yes, you have to pay to solve the problems it claims to find. Essentially the software, when installed creates lot's of files that on scanning your system it "discovers" and claims they are a......
- How to Remove SysDefence | Sysdefence Removal Guide Sysdefence is another rogue antivirus application from the wini family. This family of rogues has been quite prolific lately and typically is pushed on computer users through aggressive trojans that will appear on web pages masquerading as an update for flash player or a video codec for a video that......
- Types of Coin Collecting Software Collecting different coins is a truly pleasurable and profitable type of hobby or endeavor. Most people who are novices in collecting encounter problems relating to having too many coins, and therefore they do not have an adequate amount of information about the coins that they have or about the coins......
- Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 2: An Explanation of Social Security Works) The following is a continuation of the Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 1). That article dealt with the history of Charles Ponzi and the original Ponzi scheme. In this article we'll cover the Social Security system in general. Social Security also works best as a pyramid There is......
- Display Your iGoogle Gadget User Count Most of you probably won't use this ever, but if you are an iGoogle gadget developer then this is definitely for you! I put together a simple little tool that will display how many users my gadgets currently have, and I've set it up so that anyone can use it.......
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide