Blockdefense is yet another of these wolves in sheep clothing that make some computer users lives so miserable these days. It is from the same group of malware that includes Trustninja, save soldier, and savedefense. These are part of a group of rogue antivirus programs that are part of the WinGuard group of related malware.
Like so many of these it encourages users to buy based on trumped up fears about files that it claims are threats. (Which it created on the disk.) So, here is how you go about removal of blockdefense…
First off you will want to visit the virus removal toolkit and download malwarebytes antimalware. If possible you may be able to install and update this program without needing to visit safe mode or disable blockdefense outright. However, you may need to disable the blockdefense running processes first.
The processes that run as block defense are:
If you want to go for a manual removal, you may want to boot into safe mode first and or disable the running processes listed above. The files you need to delete in order to remove blockdefense are:
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense1 BlockDefense.lnk
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense2 Homepage.lnk
%Documentsroot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsBlockDefense3 Uninstall.lnk
After this I still recommend running a good malware removal tool like malwarebytes antimalware (Mbam). It can help clean out blockdefense and any other traces it may leave on your system.
Update — additional running processes may include:
and additional files to remove may include the following:
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide Proving once again that it takes little creativity to put out rogue antivirus applications, the same group that was behind secure fighter (securefighter removal guide) have renamed their software again and one of the more recent versions is called securewarrior. Read on for a guide to the removal of securewarrior.......
- How to Remove DefendAPC | DefendAPC Removal Guide DefendAPC is the latest variation on the Wini family of rogue antivirus. It is typically promoted via the use of trojans, malware and aggressive advertising. Once installed on the system it will run supposed scans of the system claiming that you have viruses on your system and that you have......
- How to Remove AntiAid | AntiAid Removal Guide AntiAid is a rogue antivirus/security program that is from the Wini family of Rogues. This is a bit of a departure from much of the long recent history of these rogues due to a new user interface. This rogue (and it's family) is usually advertised (pushed would be a better......
- Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 2: An Explanation of Social Security Works) The following is a continuation of the Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 1). That article dealt with the history of Charles Ponzi and the original Ponzi scheme. In this article we'll cover the Social Security system in general. Social Security also works best as a pyramid There is......
- Adware And Spyware Such A Pain Spywares and adwares are not only annoying but more often than not tend to damage your computer software and sometimes can even cause some damage to your hardware too. These annoying bugs have become a bane for internet browsers worldwide. They have become a normal occurrence that we sometimes tend......
- Display Your iGoogle Gadget User Count Most of you probably won't use this ever, but if you are an iGoogle gadget developer then this is definitely for you! I put together a simple little tool that will display how many users my gadgets currently have, and I've set it up so that anyone can use it.......
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal
- How to Remove SafeFighter | Safe Fighter Removal Guide