I’ve been looking at a new video card lately (X-Plane…) And am certain that many people are confused by Nvidia’s product lines of late… Here’s a nutshell idea…. They’re currently using 4 digit product numbers – like 7300, 7800, 8300, etc…. I found this breakdown in zdnets talkback…
how the breakdown works out (just an example as same applies to ati):
home or business card:
nvidia 7100 / 7300 – display to screen only
home gaming or business designing:
nvidia 7600 – play dvds and light games at low resolution (diablo2 / couterstrike)
nvidia 7800 / 7900 / 7950 (single) – play dvds and medium games at medium to full resolution (nfsu2 / bf vietnam)
gamers with money:
nvidia 7800 / 7900 / 7950 / 8800 (sli) – play dvds and heavy games at full resolution
true gamers (cost is irrelivant)
nvidia 7950 / 8800 (sli / quad sli) plus physx card – do it all without breaking a sweat
It might exaggerate things a bit, but the 7900 video cards would have more horsepower than the 7300 cards /etc….
Here’s another good breakdown on the model number maze.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Ever Heard of alphainventions.com? I noticed a lot of traffic from alphainventions.com to one of my sites today and took a look to see what it was. [ad#adsensesquare] It looks like a pretty interesting idea to get viewers to your blog WHEN you're actually there and posting. The idea is that the best opportunity......
- Enabling logging in Microsoft Outlook As a couple earlier posts showed having a log file of what happens when Microsoft Outlook checks mail can be essential to figuring out why something is not happening that should (or why something is happening that shouldn't.) Anyway, to turn on logging. Open Outlook Go to Tools, Options Click......
- New Beagle/Bagle variant? So, I submitted the suspicious attachment I received to virustotal (email@example.com with SCAN in the subject and suspicious file as attachment.) What follows below is the report I received. It looks like some of the big names (Symantec, McAfee are not finding anything wrong with it at this point, with......
- Ancil Hoffman Golf Course, Carmichael, CA Ancil Hoffman Golf Course is located in: Carmichael, CA Phone: (916) 482-3813 Website: http://www.ancilhoffman.com Course History: This course was designed by the renowned architect William Bell and first opened in 1965. It is easily one of the best courses in the Bay Area and offers quite a challenge to most......
- Phoenix Lake Golf Course, Sonora, CA Phoenix Lake Golf Course is located in Sonora, CAPhone: 209-532-0111 Website: http://www.phoenixlakegolf.com Course History: This is a great little nine hole course that opened in 1968. It was designed by Bert Stamps and became an instant local favorite. The incredibly scenic course is perfect for a little getaway and......
- Reallocating to a Real Asset Return Fund I made a re-allocation move yesterday to a real asset return fund inside our 401k plan. I transferred money that I had been accumulating in a stable value return fund. I intend to use this money eventually to buy more TIPS for our guaranteed retirement income plan but the time......
- Transgaming winex 5 cedaga cedega
- Another attempt at different hardware problems
- What Should you Look for in a New Computer?
- New X.org release provides more 3d drivers for ATI cards
- Windows desktop display upside down