I’ve been looking at a new video card lately (X-Plane…) And am certain that many people are confused by Nvidia’s product lines of late… Here’s a nutshell idea…. They’re currently using 4 digit product numbers – like 7300, 7800, 8300, etc…. I found this breakdown in zdnets talkback…
how the breakdown works out (just an example as same applies to ati):
home or business card:
nvidia 7100 / 7300 – display to screen only
home gaming or business designing:
nvidia 7600 – play dvds and light games at low resolution (diablo2 / couterstrike)
nvidia 7800 / 7900 / 7950 (single) – play dvds and medium games at medium to full resolution (nfsu2 / bf vietnam)
gamers with money:
nvidia 7800 / 7900 / 7950 / 8800 (sli) – play dvds and heavy games at full resolution
true gamers (cost is irrelivant)
nvidia 7950 / 8800 (sli / quad sli) plus physx card – do it all without breaking a sweat
It might exaggerate things a bit, but the 7900 video cards would have more horsepower than the 7300 cards /etc….
Here’s another good breakdown on the model number maze.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Modern Computer Viruses are almost NEVER from whom they claim to be from This is one that I've probably talked about before, but it's worth rehashing because of a call I had this afternoon. A customer had been receiving phone calls and email messages from folks asking that he stop sending them a virus. Essentially all of the viruses were claiming to be......
- Old Play by mail (email) games... Ok - not work related, but... I was remembering with one of my brother's a computer game we played maybe 10 years ago that was a strategy game and had a neat play by email feature. The game was turn based, we'd make a move and it had a handy......
- Sony Handycam DCR-DVD405 Well, the Sony Handycam DCR-DVD405 that I ordered from Amazon has arrived today (ordered the 5th of July, arrived the 11th with the "slow boat" free shipping option.) I've had it long enough to charge batteries, set time and do a few still pictures and a few short video clips.......
- Reallocating to a Real Asset Return Fund I made a re-allocation move yesterday to a real asset return fund inside our 401k plan. I transferred money that I had been accumulating in a stable value return fund. I intend to use this money eventually to buy more TIPS for our guaranteed retirement income plan but the time......
- Myrtle Creek Golf Course, Myrtle Creek, OR Myrtle Creek Golf Course is located in: Myrtle Creek, OR Phone: 888-T-MYRTLE Website: http://www.myrtlecreekgolf.com/ Course History: This is a terrific course that offers a wonderful traditional experience with just the right mix of challenge and fun. The course was first opened with 9 holes in 1997, and the back nine......
- Transgaming winex 5 cedaga cedega
- Another attempt at different hardware problems
- What Should you Look for in a New Computer?
- New X.org release provides more 3d drivers for ATI cards
- Windows desktop display upside down