There are several issues fixed by a bundle of updates for OS X (for 10.4 up to 10.4.6). The new release is 10.4.7 There are a number of issues fixed in addition to at least 3 security related problems. Incidents.org has more details. I know many Mac users feel the “aura of invincibility”, but…. keeping your OS updated is important no matter what Operating system you use…. mac, windows, linux, bsd, etc.
From incidents.org (and the original announcement…)
It includes fixes for:
– preventing AFP deadlocks and dropped connections
– saving Adobe and Quark documents to AFP mounted volumes
– Bluetooth file transfers, pairing and connecting to a Bluetooth mouse, and syncing to mobile phones
– audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack Pro applications
– ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop
– determining the space required to burn folders
– iChat audio and video connectivity, creating chat rooms when using AIM
– importing files into Keynote 3
– PDF workflows when using iCal and iPhoto
– reliable use of Automator actions within workflows
– importing and removing fonts in Font Book
– syncing addresses, bookmarks, calendar events and files to .Mac
– compatibility with third party applications and devices
– previous standalone security updates
So – if you’re on a Mac – get updating.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Personal Security | Personal Security Removal Guide Personal Security is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same (dreaded) family as the Cyber Security rogue. It usually installs on the users computer without the permission of the computer user. Once installed on the system it will then perform supposed scans finding lots of virus infected files......
- Wireless Driver Vulnerabilities There are a couple notes to pass along with regards to some pretty serious vulnerabilities in various wireless network adapter drivers. First, Sans has information on some Intel Centrino updates that resolve some vulnerabilities that would affect the Windows Centrino driver and the ProSet management software. F-secure chimes in on......
- Sun Java security updates/ Windows software update rant... Incidents.org has the story on Sun's release of new versions of the Java Runtime Environment and the Java SDK to fix some remote security vulnerabilities. These security vulnerabilities could allow malicious, untrusted code to compromise a user's computer. Sun recommends that users update to the newest version of the SDK......
- New iPhone/iPod/iPad with 4.2.1 pre-installed can still be jailbroken All new iPhone/iPod/iPad owners might be wondering if their device with new hardware is vulnerable to exploit found by Geohot. @iphone_dev recently tweeted on Twitter that any new iPhone/iPod/iPad is still vulnerable to the exploits currently available. Here's a How To guide to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 using redsn0w 0.9.6. And......
- Learning How to Finance Your Future Most of us think about retirement and panic. It can be tough trying to figure out how we’re going to survive and plan for our futures when we’re just trying to make ends meet right now. If you’re strapped for cash at the end of every month, chances are you......
- Top Free Mac Apps of October 2011 Here are the top free apps on the Mac App Store for October 2011: Kindle - AMZN Mobile LLC The Kindle app gives users the ability to read Kindle books on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store, including best sellers and......
- Time for Apple Mac OS X updates again
- You wanted bluetooth in your car, right?
- Firefox and Thunderbird updates
- Trifinite clarifies some points on car whisperer
- Secure your bluetooth devices?