There are several issues fixed by a bundle of updates for OS X (for 10.4 up to 10.4.6). The new release is 10.4.7 There are a number of issues fixed in addition to at least 3 security related problems. Incidents.org has more details. I know many Mac users feel the “aura of invincibility”, but…. keeping your OS updated is important no matter what Operating system you use…. mac, windows, linux, bsd, etc.
From incidents.org (and the original announcement…)
It includes fixes for:
– preventing AFP deadlocks and dropped connections
– saving Adobe and Quark documents to AFP mounted volumes
– Bluetooth file transfers, pairing and connecting to a Bluetooth mouse, and syncing to mobile phones
– audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack Pro applications
– ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop
– determining the space required to burn folders
– iChat audio and video connectivity, creating chat rooms when using AIM
– importing files into Keynote 3
– PDF workflows when using iCal and iPhoto
– reliable use of Automator actions within workflows
– importing and removing fonts in Font Book
– syncing addresses, bookmarks, calendar events and files to .Mac
– compatibility with third party applications and devices
– previous standalone security updates
So – if you’re on a Mac – get updating.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Wireless Driver Vulnerabilities There are a couple notes to pass along with regards to some pretty serious vulnerabilities in various wireless network adapter drivers. First, Sans has information on some Intel Centrino updates that resolve some vulnerabilities that would affect the Windows Centrino driver and the ProSet management software. F-secure chimes in on......
- Exploit in the wild for Apple vulnerability A couple days ago there was a release of Mac OS X 10.4.7 which addressed several security flaws. There is now an exploit published for one of these vulnerabilities. The attacker using this exploit could gain remote root (administrator) access to the machine. So, don't delay any further on patching.......
- Apple Macbook pro and other wireless fixes Do you remember the big bruhaha a month or so back about the "apple wireless vulnerability" that everybody picked apart because in the video taped demonstration they used a third party card.... EVEN though the demonstrators stated that the same vulnerability existed in Apple's own driver some on the internet......
- Corporate Blog Security Issues If you are planning on starting your own corporate blog or executive blog, or if you already have a corporate blog that you are writing in, then one of your greatest concerns should be corporate blog security issues. There are a variety of different corporate blogging security issues that you......
- Top Free Mac Apps of October 2011 Here are the top free apps on the Mac App Store for October 2011: Kindle - AMZN Mobile LLC The Kindle app gives users the ability to read Kindle books on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store, including best sellers and......
- Wordpress 3.0.2 - Auto Updating Error Resolved Wordpress 3.0.2 - Don't Pull Your Hair Out Yet Image by Debs (Ã²â€¿Ã³)â™ª via Flickr If you have been using Wordpress for any extended period of time you know that they are constantly updating their plate form. While it re assures me that wordpress is always improving it can also......
- Time for Apple Mac OS X updates again
- You wanted bluetooth in your car, right?
- Firefox and Thunderbird updates
- Trifinite clarifies some points on car whisperer
- Secure your bluetooth devices?