There are several issues fixed by a bundle of updates for OS X (for 10.4 up to 10.4.6). The new release is 10.4.7 There are a number of issues fixed in addition to at least 3 security related problems. Incidents.org has more details. I know many Mac users feel the “aura of invincibility”, but…. keeping your OS updated is important no matter what Operating system you use…. mac, windows, linux, bsd, etc.
From incidents.org (and the original announcement…)
It includes fixes for:
– preventing AFP deadlocks and dropped connections
– saving Adobe and Quark documents to AFP mounted volumes
– Bluetooth file transfers, pairing and connecting to a Bluetooth mouse, and syncing to mobile phones
– audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack Pro applications
– ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop
– determining the space required to burn folders
– iChat audio and video connectivity, creating chat rooms when using AIM
– importing files into Keynote 3
– PDF workflows when using iCal and iPhoto
– reliable use of Automator actions within workflows
– importing and removing fonts in Font Book
– syncing addresses, bookmarks, calendar events and files to .Mac
– compatibility with third party applications and devices
– previous standalone security updates
So – if you’re on a Mac – get updating.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Apple Quicktime and OS X updates to patch multiple security vulnerabilities Apple has released Quicktime v. 7.1 for both Windows and OS X to address about 12 vulnerabilities. It looks as though all of the vulnerabilities were related to either a specially crafted images or movies (a variety of formats...) Upgrade or use another viewer... Affected file formats are.... Jpegs, Flashpix,......
- Apple Macbook pro and other wireless fixes Do you remember the big bruhaha a month or so back about the "apple wireless vulnerability" that everybody picked apart because in the video taped demonstration they used a third party card.... EVEN though the demonstrators stated that the same vulnerability existed in Apple's own driver some on the internet......
- Phpbb include vulnerability scanning Incidents.org is reporting scanning for phpbb include vulnerabilities through Google. Apparently there is an IRC botnet being "cultivated". They are scanning for versions of phpBB prior to 2.0.10, the current release is 2.0.18. The new IRC bot scans for vulnerable systems using Google, when successful it announces that "oopz and......
- New iPhone/iPod/iPad with 4.2.1 pre-installed can still be jailbroken All new iPhone/iPod/iPad owners might be wondering if their device with new hardware is vulnerable to exploit found by Geohot. @iphone_dev recently tweeted on Twitter that any new iPhone/iPod/iPad is still vulnerable to the exploits currently available. Here's a How To guide to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 using redsn0w 0.9.6. And......
- Microsoft Office 2008 12.2.5 Update for Mac OS X Microsoft has released security bulletin MS10-038. This security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security updates for Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac OS X. To view the complete security bulletin, visit the following Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms10-038.mspx This update improves security. It includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker......
- Top Free Mac Apps for July 2011 Wallpapers HD Lite - StuckPixel, Inc. Wallpapers HD - The only app available with thousands of high definition wallpapers for you to download for your mac. Take full advantage of the high quality images on your monitor and unleash the full visual potential of your screen. Features: -Categorized Wallpapers......
- Time for Apple Mac OS X updates again
- You wanted bluetooth in your car, right?
- Firefox and Thunderbird updates
- Trifinite clarifies some points on car whisperer
- Secure your bluetooth devices?