There are several issues fixed by a bundle of updates for OS X (for 10.4 up to 10.4.6). The new release is 10.4.7 There are a number of issues fixed in addition to at least 3 security related problems. Incidents.org has more details. I know many Mac users feel the “aura of invincibility”, but…. keeping your OS updated is important no matter what Operating system you use…. mac, windows, linux, bsd, etc.
From incidents.org (and the original announcement…)
It includes fixes for:
– preventing AFP deadlocks and dropped connections
– saving Adobe and Quark documents to AFP mounted volumes
– Bluetooth file transfers, pairing and connecting to a Bluetooth mouse, and syncing to mobile phones
– audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack Pro applications
– ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop
– determining the space required to burn folders
– iChat audio and video connectivity, creating chat rooms when using AIM
– importing files into Keynote 3
– PDF workflows when using iCal and iPhoto
– reliable use of Automator actions within workflows
– importing and removing fonts in Font Book
– syncing addresses, bookmarks, calendar events and files to .Mac
– compatibility with third party applications and devices
– previous standalone security updates
So – if you’re on a Mac – get updating.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Antivirus scanning update for WMF I hung on to the last batch of 20 wmf exploit samples I had been working with for the purpose of testing my clamantivirus install against them to see when "full detection" of all 20 had been acheived. Last night, with version 1227 of the daily.cvd database, they were still......
- Sun Java security updates/ Windows software update rant... Incidents.org has the story on Sun's release of new versions of the Java Runtime Environment and the Java SDK to fix some remote security vulnerabilities. These security vulnerabilities could allow malicious, untrusted code to compromise a user's computer. Sun recommends that users update to the newest version of the SDK......
- How to Remove Personal Security | Personal Security Removal Guide Personal Security is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same (dreaded) family as the Cyber Security rogue. It usually installs on the users computer without the permission of the computer user. Once installed on the system it will then perform supposed scans finding lots of virus infected files......
- Microsoft Office 2008 12.2.5 Update for Mac OS X Microsoft has released security bulletin MS10-038. This security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security updates for Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac OS X. To view the complete security bulletin, visit the following Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms10-038.mspx This update improves security. It includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker......
- Corporate Blog Security Issues If you are planning on starting your own corporate blog or executive blog, or if you already have a corporate blog that you are writing in, then one of your greatest concerns should be corporate blog security issues. There are a variety of different corporate blogging security issues that you......
- Top Free Mac Apps of October 2011 Here are the top free apps on the Mac App Store for October 2011: Kindle - AMZN Mobile LLC The Kindle app gives users the ability to read Kindle books on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store, including best sellers and......
- Time for Apple Mac OS X updates again
- You wanted bluetooth in your car, right?
- Firefox and Thunderbird updates
- Trifinite clarifies some points on car whisperer
- Secure your bluetooth devices?