Saw this today…. “Error while aging folder “Inbox” in store “Personal Folders”. File access is
denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file
It was on an older Outlook 98/Windows 98 system, but it was something that might be applicable to others as well.
Basically, this system has two different profiles, both of which are password protected.
One had already established “ownership” of the archive file (meaning it was protected by their password.) The other user sees the above message when archiving is attempted (default is scheduled to occur every 14 days in this install.)
To work on this problem we need to go to the tools menu, then choose options and next the “Other” tab. On this sheet you should see a choice for “Autoarchive”, select this. Now, you see a few options here. First we could disable autoarchive which might suit your situation. Outlook will not try to archive the older messages again. If you’d prefer to leave autoarchiving, you can use a new file for it, but specifying another name in the “default autoarchive file” area.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Enabling logging in Microsoft Outlook As a couple earlier posts showed having a log file of what happens when Microsoft Outlook checks mail can be essential to figuring out why something is not happening that should (or why something is happening that shouldn't.) Anyway, to turn on logging. Open Outlook Go to Tools, Options Click......
- Epson Perfection 1650 scanner and Windows XP Limited User account "We tried scanning and all that happened was the lamp moved back and forth.... Nothing else happened." That was the description I had and the request to see why the scanner was broken. It hadn't been long since the Epson scanner had been hooked up to a new XP Pro......
- Mondorescue manually restoring from an afio.bz2 file For several years now, I've used Mondorescue as a backup solution for those customers with a Linux server. It makes for a nice, easily scriptable backup that can go ahead and burn to disc, *(or tape or another pc....) My preferred way of doing this has been a full mondorescue......
- 20 Awesome Free OS Downloads Here's a collection of 20 that are worth checking out. There are plenty more, so if you'd like to add your favorites, share them in the comments! Fedora 10 - One of the few live distros that didn't have any trouble with the hardware on my MSI Wind netbook. My......
- Outlook 2007 tips While I'm on the subject of tips, here are a few tips for Outlook 2007. 1) Stop Outlook from suggesting names in the TO field. This is related to the .nk2 file I blogged about awhile ago. If you don't like that outlook suggests names for you, then you can......
- Ways to Green Your Home There are many different ways that you can green your home and your options will vary depending on your home improvement skills and what your budget is. You can find lots of things to do on a low budget, but they might require more work on your end to get......
- Grisoft AVG Antivirus and other antivirus alternatives
- Enabling logging in Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook – duplicate email messages Part I
- Outlook express pet peeve #375
- Sharing contacts between Outlook and Outlook Express