Saw this today…. “Error while aging folder “Inbox” in store “Personal Folders”. File access is
denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file
It was on an older Outlook 98/Windows 98 system, but it was something that might be applicable to others as well.
Basically, this system has two different profiles, both of which are password protected.
One had already established “ownership” of the archive file (meaning it was protected by their password.) The other user sees the above message when archiving is attempted (default is scheduled to occur every 14 days in this install.)
To work on this problem we need to go to the tools menu, then choose options and next the “Other” tab. On this sheet you should see a choice for “Autoarchive”, select this. Now, you see a few options here. First we could disable autoarchive which might suit your situation. Outlook will not try to archive the older messages again. If you’d prefer to leave autoarchiving, you can use a new file for it, but specifying another name in the “default autoarchive file” area.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Mondorescue manually restoring from an afio.bz2 file For several years now, I've used Mondorescue as a backup solution for those customers with a Linux server. It makes for a nice, easily scriptable backup that can go ahead and burn to disc, *(or tape or another pc....) My preferred way of doing this has been a full mondorescue......
- Qemu Windows XP install Well, I alluded yesterday to a struggle with installing Windows XP under Qemu. Here are some details on the long and (still winding) road. At this point I have a working XP install running under Qemu but, I've run out of disk space (2G) and need more space before I......
- Enabling logging in Microsoft Outlook As a couple earlier posts showed having a log file of what happens when Microsoft Outlook checks mail can be essential to figuring out why something is not happening that should (or why something is happening that shouldn't.) Anyway, to turn on logging. Open Outlook Go to Tools, Options Click......
- A little kindness might help I am haunted by an article in the Boston Globe Magazine from June 24, 2007 titled "Here Comes the Repo Man" a reference to the author's father who was a repo man for GMAC when the author was a child. She learned the lesson that when you can't pay for......
- Outlook 2007 tips While I'm on the subject of tips, here are a few tips for Outlook 2007. 1) Stop Outlook from suggesting names in the TO field. This is related to the .nk2 file I blogged about awhile ago. If you don't like that outlook suggests names for you, then you can......
- Download Microsoft Windows 7 RC Hi Folks, Microsoft has released Windows 7 RC. Here's what you need to know: This is pre-release software, so please read the following to get an idea of the risks and key things you need to know before you try the RC. You don't need to rush to get the......
- Grisoft AVG Antivirus and other antivirus alternatives
- Enabling logging in Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook – duplicate email messages Part I
- Outlook express pet peeve #375
- Sharing contacts between Outlook and Outlook Express