Saw this today…. “Error while aging folder “Inbox” in store “Personal Folders”. File access is
denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file
It was on an older Outlook 98/Windows 98 system, but it was something that might be applicable to others as well.
Basically, this system has two different profiles, both of which are password protected.
One had already established “ownership” of the archive file (meaning it was protected by their password.) The other user sees the above message when archiving is attempted (default is scheduled to occur every 14 days in this install.)
To work on this problem we need to go to the tools menu, then choose options and next the “Other” tab. On this sheet you should see a choice for “Autoarchive”, select this. Now, you see a few options here. First we could disable autoarchive which might suit your situation. Outlook will not try to archive the older messages again. If you’d prefer to leave autoarchiving, you can use a new file for it, but specifying another name in the “default autoarchive file” area.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Linux - ToVid for vcd creation Linux.com has an article about ToVid, a utility to help convert video into VCD format. ToVid started out as just a VCD imager for mpeg files, but has expanded to be able to handle most video formats for input. It can also work with dvdauthor and other tools depending on......
- Enabling logging in Microsoft Outlook As a couple earlier posts showed having a log file of what happens when Microsoft Outlook checks mail can be essential to figuring out why something is not happening that should (or why something is happening that shouldn't.) Anyway, to turn on logging. Open Outlook Go to Tools, Options Click......
- Qemu Windows XP install Well, I alluded yesterday to a struggle with installing Windows XP under Qemu. Here are some details on the long and (still winding) road. At this point I have a working XP install running under Qemu but, I've run out of disk space (2G) and need more space before I......
- Outlook 2007 tips While I'm on the subject of tips, here are a few tips for Outlook 2007. 1) Stop Outlook from suggesting names in the TO field. This is related to the .nk2 file I blogged about awhile ago. If you don't like that outlook suggests names for you, then you can......
- Old Post Promoter "You down with OPP, yeah you know me!" The OPP, or Old Post Promoter, is a plugin designed for Wordpress by the Blog Traffic Exchange. The primary function of the plugin is its capability to promote older blog posts by reviving them and returning them to the front page and......
- 20 Awesome Free OS Downloads Here's a collection of 20 that are worth checking out. There are plenty more, so if you'd like to add your favorites, share them in the comments! Fedora 10 - One of the few live distros that didn't have any trouble with the hardware on my MSI Wind netbook. My......
- Grisoft AVG Antivirus and other antivirus alternatives
- Enabling logging in Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook – duplicate email messages Part I
- Outlook express pet peeve #375
- Sharing contacts between Outlook and Outlook Express