Saw this today…. “Error while aging folder “Inbox” in store “Personal Folders”. File access is
denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file
It was on an older Outlook 98/Windows 98 system, but it was something that might be applicable to others as well.
Basically, this system has two different profiles, both of which are password protected.
One had already established “ownership” of the archive file (meaning it was protected by their password.) The other user sees the above message when archiving is attempted (default is scheduled to occur every 14 days in this install.)
To work on this problem we need to go to the tools menu, then choose options and next the “Other” tab. On this sheet you should see a choice for “Autoarchive”, select this. Now, you see a few options here. First we could disable autoarchive which might suit your situation. Outlook will not try to archive the older messages again. If you’d prefer to leave autoarchiving, you can use a new file for it, but specifying another name in the “default autoarchive file” area.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Zero-day ( 0-day) Microsoft Word exploit There was some news on this last night at Incidents.org, today F-secure has some details as well on the trojan that's dropped in this circulating, exploit. It seems as though the initial attack was very targetted against a specific organization. Antivirus packages did not recognize the trojan that the exploit......
- Netscape 7.1 download file could not be saved I've run across this a couple of times and to save me a few more Google searches.... Under Netscape 7.1, trying to download a file, there is a long message (with a temporary file address), and the following... (long path to file like c:\windows\temp\..... ) could not be saved because......
- Microsoft Outlook - duplicate email messages Part I This will likely be a multi-part story because it turns out the solution was one of the more obscure things I think I've run into AND I thought it was worth "dumping" everything I found out in the process here for my own reference and anyone else wandering through. I......
- Outlook 2007 tips While I'm on the subject of tips, here are a few tips for Outlook 2007. 1) Stop Outlook from suggesting names in the TO field. This is related to the .nk2 file I blogged about awhile ago. If you don't like that outlook suggests names for you, then you can......
- Air France Canada Air France Canada is one of the leading Canadian airlines! Air France Canada is the #1 transporter from Montreal to Europe and from Toronto to France. It is also a major player for travels to more than 744 destinations worldwide. var message = ""; Aujourdhui = new Date(); var......
- A little kindness might help I am haunted by an article in the Boston Globe Magazine from June 24, 2007 titled "Here Comes the Repo Man" a reference to the author's father who was a repo man for GMAC when the author was a child. She learned the lesson that when you can't pay for......
- Grisoft AVG Antivirus and other antivirus alternatives
- Enabling logging in Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook – duplicate email messages Part I
- Outlook express pet peeve #375
- Sharing contacts between Outlook and Outlook Express