I just happened across The Qemu site and found that qemu v. 0.8.0 has been released *(yesterday). I haven’t had a chance to download and try myself, but it looks like the open source virtualization software has had quite a few improvements. Among the most interesting I see are initial USB support and virtual networking between qemu sessions.
ARM system emulation: Arm Integrator/CP board with an arm1026ej-s
cpu (Paul Brook)
– SMP support
– Mac OS X cocoa improvements (Mike Kronenberg)
– Mac OS X CoreAudio driver (Mike Kronenberg)
– DirectSound driver (malc)
– ALSA audio driver (malc)
– new audio options: ‘-soundhw’ and ‘-audio-help’ (malc)
– ES1370 PCI audio device (malc)
– Initial USB support
– Linux host serial port access
– Linux host low level parallel port access
– New network emulation code supporting VLANs.
– MIPS and MIPSel User Linux emulation
– MIPS fixes to boot Linux (Daniel Jacobowitz)
– NX bit support
– Initial SPARC SMP support (Blue Swirl)
– Major overhaul of the virtual FAT driver for read/write support
Related PostsRelated Posts
- The end for Windows 98 may be a boost to linux? There are articles out about the demise of official Windows 98 and ME support would be a boost to linux uptake. Realistically, I suppose it may, but I personally am not holding my breath. Here's why. 1) The people still running Windows 98/ME are likely doing so because that's what......
- Boot discs I've been using a site the last two days that I thought others might find useful. If you don't know about it already, it's bootdisk.com. They have available for download all sorts of Dos, Windows and Linux boot discs. I've been immersed with trying to get a workable XP install......
- Intel Proset Wireless update A couple weeks back, there was a pretty important security update for the Intel Proset Wireless driver. The big problem is that the update was a memory hog and caused porblems. Sans has info on the update to the update, also George Ou is encouraging everyone to make sure they've......
- 2 Best USB HeadSets With Premium Laser Tuned Audio From Logitech Logitech had released many audio headsets. Out of many H530 and Clearchart are the two that i am seeing as best choice for our day-to-day usage. This article is for those who are looking for a best USB headset especially the Logitech make. Lets see a short review about these......
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Released Novell unveiled SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 on Tuesday, with features and capabilities that reflect the company's controversial multiyear agreement with Microsoft. In 2006, Microsoft and Novell agreed to work on improving compatibility between their products, and pledged not to pursue patent claims against each other's customers. The move has been......
- Review of Windows Live Writer When you find a tool that makes life easier, there is nothing more exciting. The need for corporations to simplify and systematize their processes has to do with working smart and taking advantage of things that allow workers to reach their goals without having to work quite as hard. One......
- Virtualization | QEmu | VMWare | Virtualbox
- A tun of trouble….
- Qemu revisited
- VMWare server 1.0 final release
- Virtual Server on Apache to listen on an alternate port