I just happened across The Qemu site and found that qemu v. 0.8.0 has been released *(yesterday). I haven’t had a chance to download and try myself, but it looks like the open source virtualization software has had quite a few improvements. Among the most interesting I see are initial USB support and virtual networking between qemu sessions.
ARM system emulation: Arm Integrator/CP board with an arm1026ej-s
cpu (Paul Brook)
– SMP support
– Mac OS X cocoa improvements (Mike Kronenberg)
– Mac OS X CoreAudio driver (Mike Kronenberg)
– DirectSound driver (malc)
– ALSA audio driver (malc)
– new audio options: ‘-soundhw’ and ‘-audio-help’ (malc)
– ES1370 PCI audio device (malc)
– Initial USB support
– Linux host serial port access
– Linux host low level parallel port access
– New network emulation code supporting VLANs.
– MIPS and MIPSel User Linux emulation
– MIPS fixes to boot Linux (Daniel Jacobowitz)
– NX bit support
– Initial SPARC SMP support (Blue Swirl)
– Major overhaul of the virtual FAT driver for read/write support
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Remote tech support with anything - would I do it? I've tried to ask myself if I'd trust someone enough to let them run a remote session on my own desktop to solve a problem. I think the answer is "it depends". If you think about it, I do tech support for home users quite a bit and they let......
- Windows to Linux migration tool With impeccable timing.... Desktop Linux is reporting that Resolvo systems has released their "MoveOver Enterprise" desktop migration tool to assist migrating from Windows to Linux in the Enterprise. The software automates the process through a wizard-driven interface and helps to make the transition from Microsoft Windows to Linux an easy......
- qemu for testing linux livecd's I've mentioned a few things about linux livecds in the last few days and thought I would also mention a great tool for testing them. QEMU is a program, available for Linux or Microsoft Windows, that allows you to run an operating system within your current desktop. Let me try......
- Free Alternative to Good Old Games Kotaku posted a story yesterday about the launch of Good Old Games. There's no doubt that I love classic gaming, be it playing NES games on my Wii or old PC games. If the price is right, Good Old Games could definitely make some money serving a niche market. However,......
- 2 Best USB HeadSets With Premium Laser Tuned Audio From Logitech Logitech had released many audio headsets. Out of many H530 and Clearchart are the two that i am seeing as best choice for our day-to-day usage. This article is for those who are looking for a best USB headset especially the Logitech make. Lets see a short review about these......
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Released Novell unveiled SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 on Tuesday, with features and capabilities that reflect the company's controversial multiyear agreement with Microsoft. In 2006, Microsoft and Novell agreed to work on improving compatibility between their products, and pledged not to pursue patent claims against each other's customers. The move has been......
- Virtualization | QEmu | VMWare | Virtualbox
- A tun of trouble….
- Qemu revisited
- VMWare server 1.0 final release
- Virtual Server on Apache to listen on an alternate port