I just happened across The Qemu site and found that qemu v. 0.8.0 has been released *(yesterday). I haven’t had a chance to download and try myself, but it looks like the open source virtualization software has had quite a few improvements. Among the most interesting I see are initial USB support and virtual networking between qemu sessions.
ARM system emulation: Arm Integrator/CP board with an arm1026ej-s
cpu (Paul Brook)
– SMP support
– Mac OS X cocoa improvements (Mike Kronenberg)
– Mac OS X CoreAudio driver (Mike Kronenberg)
– DirectSound driver (malc)
– ALSA audio driver (malc)
– new audio options: ‘-soundhw’ and ‘-audio-help’ (malc)
– ES1370 PCI audio device (malc)
– Initial USB support
– Linux host serial port access
– Linux host low level parallel port access
– New network emulation code supporting VLANs.
– MIPS and MIPSel User Linux emulation
– MIPS fixes to boot Linux (Daniel Jacobowitz)
– NX bit support
– Initial SPARC SMP support (Blue Swirl)
– Major overhaul of the virtual FAT driver for read/write support
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Windows to Linux migration tool With impeccable timing.... Desktop Linux is reporting that Resolvo systems has released their "MoveOver Enterprise" desktop migration tool to assist migrating from Windows to Linux in the Enterprise. The software automates the process through a wizard-driven interface and helps to make the transition from Microsoft Windows to Linux an easy......
- The security of remote tech support (ultravnc sc or x11vnc with wrapper script) Well, I've got a nice way of doing "easy" one click (or one cut and paste) light desktop support for windows or linux, one uses ultravnc sc, the other uses x11vnc with a special wrapper script. So, what security flaws are there in this process? Well, for starters, I see......
- Oh and ANOTHER Powerpoint vulnerability too.... Sometimes you feel like the little Dutch boy of myth/legend with his finger trying to plug the hole in a dam.... Incidents bring us this as well.... another powerpoint vulnerability seems to have been disclosed. MS has an advisory. All currently supported Office versions are vulnerable (even on Mac?) Workarounds......
- Acoustic Musical Instruments Glossary, pt 2 Bucking - Bucking is characterized by the cancellation of one frequency component or signal by another signal that has the equal amount of amplitude but an opposite polarity. Capo - Short for capotasto, a Capo is a moveable bar that is attached to the finger board of any fretted instrument......
- Review of Windows Live Writer When you find a tool that makes life easier, there is nothing more exciting. The need for corporations to simplify and systematize their processes has to do with working smart and taking advantage of things that allow workers to reach their goals without having to work quite as hard. One......
- Free Alternative to Good Old Games Kotaku posted a story yesterday about the launch of Good Old Games. There's no doubt that I love classic gaming, be it playing NES games on my Wii or old PC games. If the price is right, Good Old Games could definitely make some money serving a niche market. However,......
- Virtualization | QEmu | VMWare | Virtualbox
- A tun of trouble….
- Qemu revisited
- VMWare server 1.0 final release
- Virtual Server on Apache to listen on an alternate port