For the record…. no. Not in the least. I bought a Kindle 3 in December and have been using it quite a bit since then. Of course, the first few weeks I used it an awful lot. (It was around the Christmas holidays of course.) I haven’t had as much time in the last month or two to just sit and read, but when I have it’s been better than having a book. Why?
It’s smaller, yet it holds my entire library.
Well, not technically my ENTIRE library yet, but it does hold quite a few of my books (a couple hundred.)
I even have installed a few “active content” items like chess and blackjack in case I’m not in the mood for reading. This is really the perfect device to take with you for doctors office waiting rooms and the like. I have an mp3 player, but of course, with that in waiting rooms you can’t always hear when you are called. Quiet devices work out so much better.
I also like how quick and easy it is to switch off when you are called. One button slide and it’s off, you won’t have the risk of accidentally flipping pages and losing your place. Just slide the button and you’re on your way.
Simplicity is elegance!
The screen. The only complaint I have with the screen is that at some angles, when I wear a headlamp as a booklight it is hard to read. Usually I can tilt it so that there is no glare though and that’s a non issue.
You know, so many electronic devices today are looking for our attention. The press is full of stories about the next greatest thing whether it’s a smart phone, tablet, or who knows what. I suspect there will be a kindle 4 sometime in the next year. But at the moment I can’t imagine it making me feel as though the kindle 3 is worthless. (Unlike some other products.) Amazon should be proud of this product. I have no buyers remorse today and doubt that I will in another 6 months.
I have purchased a cover for my kindle which is a nice belkin zipper enclosure. I carry my kindle almost everywhere I go and sometimes only have time to get in a page or two of reading. (Most times I don’t have that much time.) But, it has probably helped me to leverage more time reading than anything else.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Voiceshot - Easy Way to Get a Message Out - Automated Message Calling We've all received them.... "robocalls". Usually they fall into a couple categories.... 1) doctors appointment reminders and 2) political campaign ads and 3) telemarketers. Items 2 and three annoy me to no end. In hotly contested elections we have easily received several robocalls a day from each side for a......
- Glide Effortless to be the first "browser as OS" Ok - browser as OS is a term that has been thrown about and speculated on. The concept is to provide a set of applications through ANY web browser such that it's suitable for doing the majority of your work. Most people speculate on Google being the company to bring......
- Sony Handycam DCR-DVD405 Well, the Sony Handycam DCR-DVD405 that I ordered from Amazon has arrived today (ordered the 5th of July, arrived the 11th with the "slow boat" free shipping option.) I've had it long enough to charge batteries, set time and do a few still pictures and a few short video clips.......
- Hole in One! The Complete Book of Fact, Legend, and Lore on Golf's Luckiest Shot By Chris Rodell Golfer's have long been fascinated by the elusive hole in one. Some achieve it, while thousands of others only dream about it. This book attempts to discover whether holes in one are simply the result of luck, statistics or a combination of the two. It's an incredibly interesting read that......
- Feeling Like A Person When you have a baby it’s amazing how long it takes to get back to feeling like a normal person again. Each baby step towards that goal feels like a HUGE accomplishment. Now that I am entering the home stretch of the first year of motherhood I look back......
- Alzheimer's Test: When Should You Be Screened? Image via Wikipedia Alzheimer's test: when should you be screened? I was reminded recently of the dangers of Alzheimer's after passing my 54th birthday.Â There was an ad with a 54-year old woman named Karen who just discovered she has Alzheimer's. Yes, it was shocking.Â Can people that young......
- Case for Kindle 3 – Kindle Covers
- Why I chose the Kindle over the iPad, Nook, Sony ereader or any Tablet
- Windows XP Print what’s on the screen or make a screenshot using the … print screen button
- Kindle 3 3G first Impressions