Antivirus PC 2009 is a rogue antivirus application that is installed through malware and other nefarious means. Once installed on your system it will complain about security problems on your system. It will scan and claim that there are viruses on your computer. Like most all of these rogue antivirus programs the only way it can fix these problems would be for you to purchase their software. Then they can fix everything. Don’t fall for this scam. Read on for how to remove Antivirus PC 2009.
The first thing you should try for any removal of software from your computer is to go to the add/remove programs applet in the control panel. Here you may try to uninstall antivirus pc 2009. It may or may not be listed though and the uninstall may or may not work. Unfortunately the writers of these pests don’t want you to uninstall it. If it does successfully uninstall though, please don’t stop there, go ahead and install malwarebytes antimalware, superantispyware or an equivalent, trusted malware removal product and scan your system with that. Then install a trusted, reputable antivirus product (avg/avira/avast/trendmicro/norton/mcafee/etc.) and scan your system with that to make sure you are clean of all pests like antivirus pc 2009 and the malware that it used to introduce itself onto your system.
You may find a download link to malwarebytes on my virus removal toolkit page. You may also wish to download process explorer as it may be useful later in the removal process. You may need to download these to a usb flash drive on another computer.
You will also need to download rkill.com from bleepingcomputer.com. It will make the removal process much easier. You will run rkill.com to kill off the processes that are running as the rogue. If it complains that rkill.com is a threat, leave the window open and run rkill.com again (and again and again if necessary.) You essentially want to keep hammering at it with rkill.com until all the rogues programs have stopped running. THEN you can get malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware installed.
Once malwareybytes (or equivalent) is installed do a full scan to remove antivirus pc 2009 and remove any traces it finds of the rogue.
Due to the nature of this rogue antivirus it is not practical to walk through a more manual removal of antivirus pc 2009. If you wish to try though you may use the list of filenames below to go by as those files that should be deleted. One suggestion would be to make use of a linux boot cd to boot up and browse the filesystem without the processes of the rogue loading into memory. From there you could rename or remove the files listed:
%user%DesktopAntivirus PC 2009.lnk
%user%Start MenuProgramsAntivirus PC 2009.lnk
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 20092.vbs
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009avpc2009.exe
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009avpc2009s.exe
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009bzip2.dll
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009libltdl3.dll
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009pthreadVC2.dll
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009Uninstaller.exe
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009data
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009datadaily.cvd
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009dataself.hdb
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009quarantine
Some of the files listed above may be created randomly on creation on an infected system. Use the patterns above, their locations and what you see on YOUR system to help determine which files are associated with Antivirus PC 2009. After a removal of antivirus pc 2009 you will want to finish up with a scan from a reputable antivirus product as well as the above mentioned malware removal tools. I suggest something such as AVG/avast/avira or trend micros online housecall scan for a starting place.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Antivirus Live | Antivirus Live Removal Guide Antivirus Live is a rogue antivirus application that usually is installed without the permission of the owner of the computer. Simple web browsing may be enough when visiting the wrong site for this to introduce itself onto the machine via a trojan or even aggressive advertising within the page that......
- How to Remove Malware Professional 2010 | Malware Professional 2010 Removal Guide Malware Professional 2010 is a rogue security application. It is not a trusted malware removal utility and I hope users won't be fooled by their claims of problem on their system that it claims only can be removed if you pay for their software. Unfortunately many users may be tricked......
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide Personal Protector is a rogue antivirus program that is advertised through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. Fake scan sites are web pages that upon loading appear to be running a virus scan or other check of your local computer. In reality these are usually simply an animation and every......
- Brisbane Marina, Brisbane, CA Phone: (650) 583-6975 Boat Launch? Yes, the marina offers this facility. Average Depth: 10 feet. Please be advised that this may change due to the season or to adverse weather conditions. It is always best to call ahead to check on current water levels before you arrive. Marine Standby......
- CA Security Comprehensive Internet Security & Data Protection CA Internet Security Suite Plus, an all-in-one security suite, gives you maximum protection against viruses, spyware, and other internet threats that can compromise your privacy and harm your PC. CA Internet Security Suite Plus Comprehensive Virus and Spyware Protection CA AntiVirus Plus keeps......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- How to Remove Total PC Defender | Total PC Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Win Security 360 | Win Security 360 Removal Guide
- How to Remove Malware Defense | Malware Defense Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiSpyware Shield Pro | AntiSpyware Shield Pro Removal
- How to Remove ProtectSoldier | ProtectSoldier Removal Guide