Antivirus PC 2009 is a rogue antivirus application that is installed through malware and other nefarious means. Once installed on your system it will complain about security problems on your system. It will scan and claim that there are viruses on your computer. Like most all of these rogue antivirus programs the only way it can fix these problems would be for you to purchase their software. Then they can fix everything. Don’t fall for this scam. Read on for how to remove Antivirus PC 2009.
The first thing you should try for any removal of software from your computer is to go to the add/remove programs applet in the control panel. Here you may try to uninstall antivirus pc 2009. It may or may not be listed though and the uninstall may or may not work. Unfortunately the writers of these pests don’t want you to uninstall it. If it does successfully uninstall though, please don’t stop there, go ahead and install malwarebytes antimalware, superantispyware or an equivalent, trusted malware removal product and scan your system with that. Then install a trusted, reputable antivirus product (avg/avira/avast/trendmicro/norton/mcafee/etc.) and scan your system with that to make sure you are clean of all pests like antivirus pc 2009 and the malware that it used to introduce itself onto your system.
You may find a download link to malwarebytes on my virus removal toolkit page. You may also wish to download process explorer as it may be useful later in the removal process. You may need to download these to a usb flash drive on another computer.
You will also need to download rkill.com from bleepingcomputer.com. It will make the removal process much easier. You will run rkill.com to kill off the processes that are running as the rogue. If it complains that rkill.com is a threat, leave the window open and run rkill.com again (and again and again if necessary.) You essentially want to keep hammering at it with rkill.com until all the rogues programs have stopped running. THEN you can get malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware installed.
Once malwareybytes (or equivalent) is installed do a full scan to remove antivirus pc 2009 and remove any traces it finds of the rogue.
Due to the nature of this rogue antivirus it is not practical to walk through a more manual removal of antivirus pc 2009. If you wish to try though you may use the list of filenames below to go by as those files that should be deleted. One suggestion would be to make use of a linux boot cd to boot up and browse the filesystem without the processes of the rogue loading into memory. From there you could rename or remove the files listed:
%user%DesktopAntivirus PC 2009.lnk
%user%Start MenuProgramsAntivirus PC 2009.lnk
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 20092.vbs
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009avpc2009.exe
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009avpc2009s.exe
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009bzip2.dll
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009libltdl3.dll
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009pthreadVC2.dll
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009Uninstaller.exe
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009data
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009datadaily.cvd
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009dataself.hdb
%progfiles%Antivirus PC 2009quarantine
Some of the files listed above may be created randomly on creation on an infected system. Use the patterns above, their locations and what you see on YOUR system to help determine which files are associated with Antivirus PC 2009. After a removal of antivirus pc 2009 you will want to finish up with a scan from a reputable antivirus product as well as the above mentioned malware removal tools. I suggest something such as AVG/avast/avira or trend micros online housecall scan for a starting place.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal Total Security 2009 is also known as TotalSecurity 2009 or TotalSecurity2009. It is a newer version of the Total Security Antivirus which we highlighted just a week or so ago. It is a more troublesome variant of this rogue security software. In addition to the false warnings about problems on......
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide Personal Protector is a rogue antivirus program that is advertised through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. Fake scan sites are web pages that upon loading appear to be running a virus scan or other check of your local computer. In reality these are usually simply an animation and every......
- How to Remove SoftCop | SoftCop Removal Guide SoftCop seems to be another rogue antivirus entry in the quite prolific Wini family which includes such rogues as the recent Softsoldier (How to remove SoftSoldier), ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal guide and the following others... SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter......
- Simple Methods To Fine Tune and Increase Your Affiliate Sale Though the topic of Internet Marketing and Affiliate Sale is wider, you know there are few simple methods that fine tunes and increases affiliate product sale. You may be seeing a lower trend on your affiliate sale or you don't know how to sell the product in the right way.......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- How Do I Create An E Book? Tools Used In Creating eBooks Delivering Your Intellectual Property There are many different software tittles you can use to create an E-Book. Generally speaking your creation should be unalterable so, that really only leaves you with two format types. The biggest issue with E books is consumption, how to allow......
- How to Remove Total PC Defender | Total PC Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Win Security 360 | Win Security 360 Removal Guide
- How to Remove Malware Defense | Malware Defense Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiSpyware Shield Pro | AntiSpyware Shield Pro Removal
- How to Remove ProtectSoldier | ProtectSoldier Removal Guide