SiteVillain is another new rogue security or rogue antivirus program from the Wini family. Like a couple other of the recent rogue applications from the wini group, this one sports their new user interface. Among it’s claims of infected files and that the only way to fix them are to pay for Sitevillain, it will also try to disable your other security software, disable access to the registry editor, turn off system restore and other things which make removal a bit more challenging. Read on for how to remove sitevillain.
First you should try to go through control manual and add/remove programs to see if it’s possible to uninstall sitevillain. Even if this works you should install malwarebytes antimalware and scan the system with it as well as a trusted antivirus application (AVG/avira/etc.)
The following site should be blocked:
The following programs are associated with site villain and should be killed off using task manager (or optionally process explorer.)
There may be a randomized component to the filenames above. Use the patterns above and file locations you see below to determine which files to remove on your system. If you are unable to launch task manager you may try the following: 1) copy and paste taskmgr.exe to the desktop and rename it to firefox. exe and then try to launch it. 2) reboot into safe mode and then retry launching taskmgr.exe 3) use process explorer (you can find a link on the virus removal toolkit page.)
For the manual removal of sitevillain you should proceed to remove the following files and folders:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSiteVillain1 SiteVillain.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSiteVillain3 Uninstall.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSiteVillain
Even after a complete manual removal of sitevillain you should download install, updated and run a full scan of your computer with a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware (download link available on the virus removal toolkit page.) Also, follow up with a virus scan from a trusted antivirus application (online scan such as trendmicro, or download like avg/avira/etc.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SysDefence | Sysdefence Removal Guide Sysdefence is another rogue antivirus application from the wini family. This family of rogues has been quite prolific lately and typically is pushed on computer users through aggressive trojans that will appear on web pages masquerading as an update for flash player or a video codec for a video that......
- How to Remove TheDefend | TheDefend Removal Guide TheDefend is a rogue antivirus program that is one of the latest incarnations of the wini family of rogues. It will introduce itself onto your system through aggressive advertising claiming to be a video codec update or flash player update that may be required to see a highly sought after......
- How to Remove PCSProtector | PCSProtector Removal Guide PCSProtector is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family of rogues. They are essentially clones of each other and all resemble each other with the minor modification of the name of the rogue and it's files. These rogues are typically distributed by trojan horse activity as well as malware......
- WordPress Plugins These Wordpress plugins are offered by the Blog Traffic Exchange. Enjoy Related Websites / Related Posts Cloud based multi-site related posts plugin. Traffic balancing algorithm to ensure equality based on traffic. Randomization to spread the effect. New traffic opportunities every 24 hours. Increase your traffic today, join the Blog Traffic......
- Free Registry Cleaner: Safely Scan and Repair Registry Problems When the registry of the computer gets corrupted and contains errors in it, we experience different problems with the functioning of the PC. Problems such as, With these problems it becomes impossible to work with the computer as frequent interruptions keep on happening. To repair the system errors so that......
- Making Use Of The Online World To Beat The Bookstore So what way did I flip to in purchase to get a lot more bang for my buck? Marketing via the web, of course! Several internet sites are geared specially toward marketing and advertising publications, certainly textbooks. They permit you to set up your own account, that means that browsing......
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiAid | AntiAid Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus