SiteVillain is another new rogue security or rogue antivirus program from the Wini family. Like a couple other of the recent rogue applications from the wini group, this one sports their new user interface. Among it’s claims of infected files and that the only way to fix them are to pay for Sitevillain, it will also try to disable your other security software, disable access to the registry editor, turn off system restore and other things which make removal a bit more challenging. Read on for how to remove sitevillain.
First you should try to go through control manual and add/remove programs to see if it’s possible to uninstall sitevillain. Even if this works you should install malwarebytes antimalware and scan the system with it as well as a trusted antivirus application (AVG/avira/etc.)
The following site should be blocked:
The following programs are associated with site villain and should be killed off using task manager (or optionally process explorer.)
There may be a randomized component to the filenames above. Use the patterns above and file locations you see below to determine which files to remove on your system. If you are unable to launch task manager you may try the following: 1) copy and paste taskmgr.exe to the desktop and rename it to firefox. exe and then try to launch it. 2) reboot into safe mode and then retry launching taskmgr.exe 3) use process explorer (you can find a link on the virus removal toolkit page.)
For the manual removal of sitevillain you should proceed to remove the following files and folders:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSiteVillain1 SiteVillain.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSiteVillain3 Uninstall.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSiteVillain
Even after a complete manual removal of sitevillain you should download install, updated and run a full scan of your computer with a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware (download link available on the virus removal toolkit page.) Also, follow up with a virus scan from a trusted antivirus application (online scan such as trendmicro, or download like avg/avira/etc.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SecureKeeper | Secure Keeper Removal SecureKeeper is a rogue antivirus application in the Wini family (with their recent new look user interface.) The Wini family is a very long running line of rogue security applications that have been producing two to three different rogues each week. Of course, the primary changes are the names, but......
- How to Remove RESpyWare | RESpyWare Removal Guide ReSpyWare is a rogue antivirus/ antimalware application in the same family as Reanti,keepcop and secure keeper and unfortunately a very very long line of other predecessors. They are not much different except in their names. Probably the biggest shared trait is the annoying warnings about supposed viruses on your computer......
- How to Remove APCProtect | APCProtect Removal Guide APCProtect is the latest rogue antivirus product in the wini family of rogue security sotware. It is generally pushed through sites that claim in order to view a video you need to install a video codec update or flash player update. This "update" is actually the loader for apcprotect. Once......
- Removing Caulk Guide If you are planning on putting down caulk, you probably have caulk that needs to be removed. Unless you are installing something brand new, there is likely caulk left behind that has to be taken care of. The following is a brief tutorial that will give you some useful tips......
- Caulk Removal 101 There are easy tutorials that make DIY projects significantly easier. The following is a basic straight forward tutorial for removing caulk. If you are a first timer to the act of removing caulk from any surface, then this particular tutorial is going to help to steer you in the right......
- Improve Vista Performance - How to Detect Registry Errors and Repair Them Your computer is a precious resource that allows you to do numerous things like store your work, communicate with friends, get the latest information, and provide you with quality entertainment. Therefore, you should ensure regular maintenance by detecting error for your computer. Without proper care and maintenance, your computer may......
- How to Remove TrustSoldier | Trust Soldier Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiAid | AntiAid Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus