Total Security Antivirus is another rogue security application that poses as legitimate antivirus software to dupe people into installing and then paying for it. It is related to Antivirus 360 and is perhaps the followup software from the same group. This particular pest is possibly installing itself onto systems by way of a trojan or via browser exploits. Total Security also tries to imitate the Windows Security Center. (Not exactly what you would expect from a reputable antivirus package.) Another variant of Total Security Antivirus is Total Security 2009. So, how do you proceed with Total security removal?
This pest (total security antivirus) will typically run when the system boots and discover all sorts of infections that it claims (non are legit.) It uses these infections as proof that you need to purchase the program to fix the problems.
For manual removal you will likely need to use the task manager ( ctrl-alt-del ) to kill off any running processes that are related to total security. To kill of the following processes is essential to total security removal
Probably uninstall.exe and tsc.exe
If you are unable to delete them after killing the running processes, you may be able to delete the following files by booting into safe mode:
%User%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchTSC.lnk
%Progfiles%Common FilesSystemUninstallUninstall TSC.lnk
The above files are related to Total Security Antivirus.
After cleaning out these I suggest you download malwarebytes antimwalware. You can find a link to download it by visiting my virus and malware removal toolkit.
Removing pests like this is not as straightforward as typical antivirus removal.
Because this program is intent on staying on your system, sites like mine and other sites giving instructions and help on removal are redirected to a site that claims that these sites may harm your computer. Also, the running process will prevent removal tools such as malwarebytes antimwalware from running. For this reason it’s important to kill of the running processes first.
If you are unable to access the task manager, you may be able to download and run process explorer and terminate tsc.exe that way. For a link to the process explorer download please visit the virus removal toolkit link above.
Total Security 2009 seems to add the following file:
I have also seen reference to Total security renaming one of it’s files to a string of numbers such as 65489463.exe (those may vary from system to system.) So, you will need to kill off any suspicious processes like this.
If you are unable to access the task manager or process explorer you may be able to rename taskmgr and then run it under it’s new name. (You would be safer copying it and creating a newly named file.) This should bypass the countermeasures total security antivirus has to prevent the removal of total security antivirus.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove ShieldSafeness | ShieldSafeness Removal Guide The Wini family of rogue antivirus software has given us yet another version in the last couple days... ShieldSafeness. This is quick on the heels of SoftStronghold (softstronghold removal guide) and succeeds the following variants in this prolific family.... Softveteran (see the softveteran removal guide) but.... SoftCop (see the SoftCop......
- How to Remove SoftCop | SoftCop Removal Guide SoftCop seems to be another rogue antivirus entry in the quite prolific Wini family which includes such rogues as the recent Softsoldier (How to remove SoftSoldier), ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal guide and the following others... SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter......
- How to Remove Cyber Security | Cyber Security Removal Guide Cyber Security is a rogue antivirus application. It is in the same family as totalsecurity (total security Removal Guide) and SystemSecurity. This software installs through web popups and trojan horse activity makes false claims about your system being compromised by viruses and other security problems, hijacks we browser activity claiming......
- SEO Submission Solutions Since there are various link building methods of submission, it is advisable to look at each one. This can help you to make good decision on which one to employ. Here are the three main methods. Employing submission services It is a technique of article submission that you give......
- Free Spyware Removal Software I do not recommend using free spyware removal software for many reason but if your going to you might as well use the best free spyware products out there. In the end of this article we will tell you why not to use these programs as your main source of......
- Game Preview: Florida Gators vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Turnovers are Sticking in the Mind of Urban Meyer! With a game against Mississippi State pending, Urban Meyer is looking at the team's current capabilities to determine whether or not the Florida Gators are going to continue their winning streak for another round. In terms of the offense, the gators......
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Total PC Defender | Total PC Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Cyber Protection Center | Removal Guide
- How to Remove TRE Antivirus | TRE Antivirus Removal Guide
- How to Remove APCProtect | APCProtect Removal Guide