Antivirus Pro 2010 is another rogue security application that installs itself by ways of security vulnerabilities. This particular one seems to be installed by the braviax(cru629) family of trojans. It’s related to PC Antispyware 2010, PC Security 2009, and Home Antivirus 2010. It essentially claims that your pc is unprotected and makes false claims about infected files. Pleas do not send any money to the makers of these pests.
It changes the browser settings on an infected machine and may prevent you from visiting certain security websites. Also, given that it is installed through a trojan, there are likely other things installed on your system by the same method. So, even after a manual removal of antivirus pro 2010, be sure to run scans with trusted antimalware such as malwarebytes antimalware.
For manual removal, the processes that you may see running are:
You should kill of these processes with the task manager.
The following are the folder locations that this particular rogue stores data:
%ProgFiles%Antivirus Pro 2010
%User%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchAntivirus Pro 2010.lnk
%User%DesktopAntivirus Pro 2010.lnk
%User%Start MenuProgramsAntivirus Pro 2010
There are also registry modifications, but I suggest letting a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware deal with that.
Visit my virus removal toolkit page for a download link for malwarebytes.
Make sure to go back and remove braviax as it is the gateway that this application used to get into your system. Malwarebytes should be able to do this, but if you need to manually remove it then look for and delete the following files:
You may also want to block access to the following web sites that help promote this pest:
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove AntiKeep | AntiKeep Removal Guide AntiKeep is a rogue antivirus application from the same family as ReAnti and AntiAdd which we've written about in the last few days. Like many of these rogue application they will try to trick you into consenting to install it, or install without your permission. They will claim that there......
- How to Remove APCProtect | APCProtect Removal Guide APCProtect is the latest rogue antivirus product in the wini family of rogue security sotware. It is generally pushed through sites that claim in order to view a video you need to install a video codec update or flash player update. This "update" is actually the loader for apcprotect. Once......
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Suite | Removal Guide Windows Enterprise Suite is a rogue antivirus application that is made to look like and mimic the actions of legitimate security applications, but it is likely the cause of more problems on your system than it solves. It seems to be made by the same group as volcano security suite......
- Are Spywares & Viruses Getting Out of Control? Reality these days is most adware and spyware don't go away from your PC with just a click of a button as these so-called software vendors claim. To make matters worst, a lot of the top anti-virus software vendors DON'T REMOVE all the viruses from the machine. We ran tests......
- Solidifying WP Security Designed with PHP, and powered by mySQL directories, WordPress is used by an amazing 8.5% of all websites. Web delivered spyware and web page hacking are becoming progressively more common. With such a lot of web content using WordPress as a CMS, any security weaknesses in the CMS structure or......
- New Loan Funded — really want to get out of debt — $25,000 at 25.00% — C Credit — DTI 131% A new loan funded (really want to get out of debt â $25,000 at 25.00%).Â I participated via my standing order: Any DTI â AF.Â Which is this loan was funded as a any debt to income ratio and was an auto-funding loan.Â The borrow hadÂ C credit and 131% DTI.Â ......
- How to Remove Nortel Antivirus | NortelAntivirus Removal
- How to Remove Antivirus 360
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Antivirus PC 2009 | Antivirus PC 2009 Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide