Antivirus Pro 2010 is another rogue security application that installs itself by ways of security vulnerabilities. This particular one seems to be installed by the braviax(cru629) family of trojans. It’s related to PC Antispyware 2010, PC Security 2009, and Home Antivirus 2010. It essentially claims that your pc is unprotected and makes false claims about infected files. Pleas do not send any money to the makers of these pests.
It changes the browser settings on an infected machine and may prevent you from visiting certain security websites. Also, given that it is installed through a trojan, there are likely other things installed on your system by the same method. So, even after a manual removal of antivirus pro 2010, be sure to run scans with trusted antimalware such as malwarebytes antimalware.
For manual removal, the processes that you may see running are:
You should kill of these processes with the task manager.
The following are the folder locations that this particular rogue stores data:
%ProgFiles%Antivirus Pro 2010
%User%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchAntivirus Pro 2010.lnk
%User%DesktopAntivirus Pro 2010.lnk
%User%Start MenuProgramsAntivirus Pro 2010
There are also registry modifications, but I suggest letting a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware deal with that.
Visit my virus removal toolkit page for a download link for malwarebytes.
Make sure to go back and remove braviax as it is the gateway that this application used to get into your system. Malwarebytes should be able to do this, but if you need to manually remove it then look for and delete the following files:
You may also want to block access to the following web sites that help promote this pest:
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove AntiSpyware Shield Pro | AntiSpyware Shield Pro Removal AntiSpyware Shield Pro is a rogue antivirus that typically is installed via trojans or other malware. Once it's invited itself onto the system it will do all sorts of things. It will popup warnings about the computers security. It will scan the computer for viruses and find many files that......
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal Total Security 2009 is also known as TotalSecurity 2009 or TotalSecurity2009. It is a newer version of the Total Security Antivirus which we highlighted just a week or so ago. It is a more troublesome variant of this rogue security software. In addition to the false warnings about problems on......
- How to Remove Windows Smart Security (Removal Guide) Windows Smart Security is a rogue spyware application that may fool people into installing and purchasing due to the use of the words Windows and Security in the title. It may fool people into thinking that it is related to Microsoft Windows and perhaps even a part of the operating......
- Are Spywares & Viruses Getting Out of Control? Reality these days is most adware and spyware don't go away from your PC with just a click of a button as these so-called software vendors claim. To make matters worst, a lot of the top anti-virus software vendors DON'T REMOVE all the viruses from the machine. We ran tests......
- Comodo Internet Security Get the highest level of security with the advanced features available through Internet Security Pro 2011. Firewall - Slam the door on viruses with Comodo's unique Default Deny Protection™. Explore Comodo Firewall Antivirus - Scan for and destroy known threats to your PC’s health. Explore Comodo Antivirus Live Security......
- Solidifying WP Security Designed with PHP, and powered by mySQL directories, WordPress is used by an amazing 8.5% of all websites. Web delivered spyware and web page hacking are becoming progressively more common. With such a lot of web content using WordPress as a CMS, any security weaknesses in the CMS structure or......
- How to Remove Nortel Antivirus | NortelAntivirus Removal
- How to Remove Antivirus 360
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Antivirus PC 2009 | Antivirus PC 2009 Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide