Antivirus Pro 2010 is another rogue security application that installs itself by ways of security vulnerabilities. This particular one seems to be installed by the braviax(cru629) family of trojans. It’s related to PC Antispyware 2010, PC Security 2009, and Home Antivirus 2010. It essentially claims that your pc is unprotected and makes false claims about infected files. Pleas do not send any money to the makers of these pests.
It changes the browser settings on an infected machine and may prevent you from visiting certain security websites. Also, given that it is installed through a trojan, there are likely other things installed on your system by the same method. So, even after a manual removal of antivirus pro 2010, be sure to run scans with trusted antimalware such as malwarebytes antimalware.
For manual removal, the processes that you may see running are:
You should kill of these processes with the task manager.
The following are the folder locations that this particular rogue stores data:
%ProgFiles%Antivirus Pro 2010
%User%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchAntivirus Pro 2010.lnk
%User%DesktopAntivirus Pro 2010.lnk
%User%Start MenuProgramsAntivirus Pro 2010
There are also registry modifications, but I suggest letting a tool such as malwarebytes antimalware deal with that.
Visit my virus removal toolkit page for a download link for malwarebytes.
Make sure to go back and remove braviax as it is the gateway that this application used to get into your system. Malwarebytes should be able to do this, but if you need to manually remove it then look for and delete the following files:
You may also want to block access to the following web sites that help promote this pest:
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove AntiKeep | AntiKeep Removal Guide AntiKeep is a rogue antivirus application from the same family as ReAnti and AntiAdd which we've written about in the last few days. Like many of these rogue application they will try to trick you into consenting to install it, or install without your permission. They will claim that there......
- How to Remove AntiSpyware Shield Pro | AntiSpyware Shield Pro Removal AntiSpyware Shield Pro is a rogue antivirus that typically is installed via trojans or other malware. Once it's invited itself onto the system it will do all sorts of things. It will popup warnings about the computers security. It will scan the computer for viruses and find many files that......
- How to Remove Antivirus 360 This should not be confused with Norton 360 which is a legitimate antivirus program (although if you need help removing Norton 360 to reinstall it or another antivirus program you may want to visit my antivirus removal tool list.) What we are talking about this time is a rogue security......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- How To Remove Vista Internet Security 2011 Virus You may be the latest victim of Vista Internet Security 2011. This name-changing virus has the different version, but no matter what version you have, the issues are the equivalent. The cyberpunks who formulated this virus were quite professional to make the program dynamically change its name according to windows......
- Installing a Utility Door Utility doors made of steel can be easily installed as a part of a room addition, barn, or garage makeover. With the frame properly sized, pre-hung jambs should fit quite nicely. With a bit of care during shimming, you should a good seal on the weather stripping, and a perfect......
- How to Remove Nortel Antivirus | NortelAntivirus Removal
- How to Remove Antivirus 360
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove Antivirus PC 2009 | Antivirus PC 2009 Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide