My brother does a variety of things, as I do including the front line of dealing with todays technology. This means looking to calls about DSL modem outages and problems. Well, he was passing along that in the last several days he’s come across several
Bellsouth AT&T DSL customers with a problem with the control interface. He went into the modem configuration to configure pinhole routing after things were stabilized and… clicked the Expert Mode link. There was nothing there. We speculated that perhaps the modem had a bad firmware flash? We even wondered if AT&T had changed policy and stripped the Expert settings. It turns out that the solution is fairly simple.
It’s an incompatibility with IE7. That’s right Internet Explorer 7 is incompatible with the latest Westell firmware. I haven’t taken a look at one of these firsthand, but from what I read it should be fine with Firefox. Another workaround is to use a workaround suggested on the DSL reports forums to use the following navigation. If this doesn’t work for you, you may need to follow the link to the forum thread for further ideas.
Bellsouth Westell Wirespeed
- EZ Login
- Update Modem
- Reset Modem
- Modem Self Test
- Expert Mode
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Windows XP Unable to Login After Cleaning Out Rogue Antivirus This article may come in handy if you are out there battling the latest rogue du jour. Occasionally I have been through a cleaning process for these rogues and got to a point where the scanner had run and cleaned things out (whether it was malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware.) It......
- Wireless Driver Vulnerabilities There are a couple notes to pass along with regards to some pretty serious vulnerabilities in various wireless network adapter drivers. First, Sans has information on some Intel Centrino updates that resolve some vulnerabilities that would affect the Windows Centrino driver and the ProSet management software. F-secure chimes in on......
- The security of remote tech support (ultravnc sc or x11vnc with wrapper script) Well, I've got a nice way of doing "easy" one click (or one cut and paste) light desktop support for windows or linux, one uses ultravnc sc, the other uses x11vnc with a special wrapper script. So, what security flaws are there in this process? Well, for starters, I see......
- iYogi iYogi is the world’s-fastest growing provider of comprehensive direct-to-consumer and small business remote tech support.With McAfee Sec - UR -rity ... U R at the center. Get Free Tech Support for Installation and Setup iYogi has more than 200,000 consumer and small business customers across four countries for its......
- Microsoft Blogs Review Reading and reviewing corporate blogs from other companies is a great way to learn a little bit more about your own blog. Microsoft has a large community of blogs, and a wide variety of bloggers writing in numerous blogs within this community. There are a number of employee blogs in......
- Tech Support - Funny Video Series While surfing through Youtube, I stumbled across this fun-filled tech support video series. All of the videos are sure to give you good amount of chuckle. I liked all of them, but first one is my favorite. Surely a stress buster after a bad day in office :) Enjoy! Tech......
- Bellsouth mail.lig.bellsouth.net server phasing out?
- The D-Link DWL-800AP+ as a wireless repeater to extend wireless range – Part 7
- Major Bellsouth DNS issues
- IE 7 address bar spoofing issue
- Strange Problem Made Simple | Verizon DSL Modem confusion