My brother does a variety of things, as I do including the front line of dealing with todays technology. This means looking to calls about DSL modem outages and problems. Well, he was passing along that in the last several days he’s come across several
Bellsouth AT&T DSL customers with a problem with the control interface. He went into the modem configuration to configure pinhole routing after things were stabilized and… clicked the Expert Mode link. There was nothing there. We speculated that perhaps the modem had a bad firmware flash? We even wondered if AT&T had changed policy and stripped the Expert settings. It turns out that the solution is fairly simple.
It’s an incompatibility with IE7. That’s right Internet Explorer 7 is incompatible with the latest Westell firmware. I haven’t taken a look at one of these firsthand, but from what I read it should be fine with Firefox. Another workaround is to use a workaround suggested on the DSL reports forums to use the following navigation. If this doesn’t work for you, you may need to follow the link to the forum thread for further ideas.
Bellsouth Westell Wirespeed
- EZ Login
- Update Modem
- Reset Modem
- Modem Self Test
- Expert Mode
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Crossroads At this point, I doubt anyone is seeing this as the wordpress test install is not live to the public yet, but... I'm opening this one up for comments. On the old site, I had accumulated a bit of content along the lines of windows/linux tips, software recommendations and tech......
- Remote Tech Support using VNC (Ultravnc SC and x11vnc+wrapper script) Ok, some time back I'd done a writeup on UltraVNC SC, which is a nice customizable (windows version) VNC server that essentially let's someone doing remote support build their own downloadable .exe that runs and automatically tries to make a direct connection to a "listening" vnc viewer. It's good for......
- A closer look at x11vnc I've got to say, one of the things I really like about linux are the myriad of options for remotely administering a system. SSH is the one I use the most, but for the graphical you have x (especially on the LAN), nxserver (which is a compressed and optionally encrypted......
- Give It a Rest Meditation: Give It a Rest Guest Post by Margaret Fletcher (Bill's note: Margaret is a long-time friend of mine who is an ace at getting massive amounts of work done in the most efficient and effective ways I've ever seen. She is a true expert in her field and you......
- Picking The Right Gear to Improve Your Game If you are finding that no matter what you try, your golf game is just not getting to the point where you want it, the answer may be in the tools and equipment you are using. Many players go their entire lives without a proper fitting for their clubs. Others......
- Tech Support - Funny Video Series While surfing through Youtube, I stumbled across this fun-filled tech support video series. All of the videos are sure to give you good amount of chuckle. I liked all of them, but first one is my favorite. Surely a stress buster after a bad day in office :) Enjoy! Tech......
- Bellsouth mail.lig.bellsouth.net server phasing out?
- The D-Link DWL-800AP+ as a wireless repeater to extend wireless range – Part 7
- Major Bellsouth DNS issues
- IE 7 address bar spoofing issue
- Strange Problem Made Simple | Verizon DSL Modem confusion