Wolves in sheeps clothing…. from Sunbelt blog…. Watch out for pestcapture and “friends” (using dlls from spysheriff). Thanks to sunbelt for keeping their eyes open on the threat of wolves in sheepdogs clothing…. It’s so frustrating having to explain to someone that the software they downloaded to solve their problems has become part of the problem…..
(Incidentally, it shares this IP with another rogue, bravesentry(dot)com)
More rogue sites:
They also have a new site to take payments called isoftpay(dot)com (IP: 184.108.40.206)
Sunbeltblog has removed innovagest.com from their listing and tagged it as clean.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Sun Java security updates/ Windows software update rant... Incidents.org has the story on Sun's release of new versions of the Java Runtime Environment and the Java SDK to fix some remote security vulnerabilities. These security vulnerabilities could allow malicious, untrusted code to compromise a user's computer. Sun recommends that users update to the newest version of the SDK......
- Exploit out for MS06-040 The big computer security news of the day is the release of exploit code publicly for MS06-040. The patch of course was released Tuesday and it is fairly critical to get the update installed. This is "wormable" It CURRENTLY affects all Windows 2000 systems and XP (with no service pack)......
- HomeForExchange.com HomeForExchange.com is a marketplace for non-commercial exchanging of houses, campers, rv's or even yachts. Offer your home for exchange and save on accommodation costs. Home exchange is an alternative for renting a holiday property and is gaining popularity rapidly. HomeForExchange.com is a member-only website, meaning that only members can......
- TCJ Research 10/23-10/25 Poll: Carly Fiorina Holds Lead On Barbara Boxer in California Senate Race To view other TCJ Research Polls released today, click HERE. To read our full analysis of how and why Republicans will take the Senate, click HERE. Each poll uses a random sampling of 1000 Likely Voters (unless otherwise stated) and has a +/- 4% margin of error (M.o.E). Poll that don’t add......
- Another Spysherriff clone
- Spyaxe Spytrooper spysherriff et al removal
- The wolf in sheeps clothing, software that claims to be anti-spyware, but installs more spyware on your pc
- Beware: Wolves in sheeps clothing found on different sites (security scams)
- Makers of fake security software settle lawsuit