OK – copying of the most crucial files are done. It’s time to start the process. First I’ve gathered a list of URPMI sources that I can use from online. No local mirror this time, so it may take a while to pull all the files I need. Second, it’s time to say #urpmi.removemedia -a to clean out our list of software install sources.
I’ve still got web browser/etc. up and running which may cause things to be interesting later along the upgrade process, but it’s time to add in the new sources. I’ve used the mirror finder at the Mandriva club for this, but if you’re not a club member you could use http://easyurpmi.zarb.org to find mirrors.
Somewhere along the line I saw someone suggest that updates are for paying customers only which is not true. The easy tray application update service is, but updates for Mandriva ARE and as far as I know always will be freely available. Here’s my mirror list (don’t hammer these guys, find mirrors either close to you or easily available.)
urpmi.addmedia “2006_distrib” ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/main/ with ./media_info/hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia “club.commercial_x86-32_2006″ https://mylogin:firstname.lastname@example.org/rpm/comm/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia –update “2006_updates” ftp://sluglug.ucsc.edu/pub/Mandrakelinux/official/updates/2006.0/main_updates/ with ./media_info/hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia “2006_plf-free” ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia “2006_plf-nonfree” ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/non-free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia “club.club_x86-32_2006″ https://mylogin:email@example.com/rpm/club/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz
Once all of the media are installed things get interesting….
Related PostsRelated Posts
- The 2nd journey begins… Mandriva 2006 upgrade 2 - Part 3 Mirrors are added, now it's time to start the process. OK, everything up until now has been preparatory and hasn't REALLY upgraded anything. I've skimmed over the errata and release notes (again) at http://qa.mandriva.com to make sure there isn't anything hardware specific or urpmi --auto-select from Mandrake 10.1 specific that......
- Rootscan.info? More Rogue Security Software on the horizon? To follow up the last post about watching google hot trends.... I noticed an unusual search in the trends for rootscan.info. It currently seems to redirect to a site talking about rogue antivirus removal so it might not be anything, but the related searches for virus doctor, virus doctor removal,......
- Clamav 0.88.4 and prior DoS According to incidents.org a denial of service vulnerability has been noted in all versions of clamav prior to 0.88.4 (inclusive). At incidents last report the download for 0.88.4 was back after disappearing for a while which seemed to indicate a fix, however. I wasn't aware 0.88.4 had been released before......
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 - Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-046 - Critical Vulnerability in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2286198) Published: August 02, 2010 | Updated: August 03, 2010 Version: 1.1 General Information Executive Summary This security update resolves a publicly disclosed vulnerability in Windows Shell. The vulnerability could allow remote code execution if the icon......
- Stock Assault 2.0 AI Software - 60% Commission, 17% Conversion Rate Once your copy of Stock Assault 2.0 picks a stock, you can also research the stock using the built-in features such as charting if you wish.Real day traders and professional traders do just that, hence the name "day" traders.But we'll guarantee that you'll barely make any money after a year......
- How to Use Coin Collecting Software Finding the value of your coins is something which most people who have a coin collection are very concerned with. This is true whether you are buying a set of coins or you have had your collection for a long period of time. There have been books over the years......
- Mandriva club members have new download finder
- Frustrated with Mandriva Club mirror finder
- Mandriva One 2006
- Building RPM’s – building for several different releases on one machine
- The 2nd journey begins… Mandriva 2006 upgrade 2 – Part 3