This is another “wolf in sheeps clothing” alert. The Sunbelt blog has information and tips on a number of other sites that are posing as either the Windows security center page, or a page not found error. The windows security center spoof once again claims the following “Attention! Your system is under control of remote computer with IP address >>>>>>> The remote computer has access to the following folders on your PC: windowssystem32 program filesinternet explorer my documents drive C; files, click here to download official anti-spyware software. Your private info is collected by w32.sinnaka.a@mm”
The page not found spoof goes like this: “The page cannot be displayed: the pag eyou are looking for is currently unavailable. The web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings. Please try the following: Install Spy trooper software to clean your pc. If you typed the page address in the address bar….” the rest of the page seems to be the usual Microsoft IE page cannot be displayed template. The other note is that at the top of the page there is a windows information bar that says “The page you are looking for is blocked by the adware on your pc. Remove it with spy trooper software click here.”
From sunbelt here is a listing of the latest sites, and previously discovered sites as well:
Newly found sites
Florence, AL US
wm @ needupdate.com
mag @ sexpicporn.com
Sites already known
henn @ teeeen.com
mag @ sexpicporn.com
Network administrators may want to block IP addresses for these sites.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Network Security - Arp spoofing So.... what is arp spoofing (poisoning).... and what are it's implications? ARP spoofing involves tricking a machine into thinking that you're machine is, yet another. Let's put this in IP address terms. Let's say that 192.168.0.1 is the default gatway on the network and 192.168.0.150 is our target. We are......
- Network Security guide for the home or small business network - Part 5 - Update your software Okay - so after the last article you've inventoried what software you use on a PC and you know what services (server's) the pc runs that you've told it to. You even know what passes as "normal" startup programs. Now it's time to put that to use. It's time to......
- So who is behind Windows Police Pro Virus / Rogue Security Software? As I've seen the continuing FLOOD of searches for some way to Remove Windows Police Pro, I've been starting to wonder at the who is behind this particular piece of junk software. These programs aren't written by your average ordinary virus writer, there is really too much spit and polish......
- New Loan Funded — Finance for an ESTABLISHED Business — $25,000 at 24% — B Credit — DTI 1392557% A new loan funded (Finance for an ESTABLISHED BusinessÂ â $25,000 at 24%).Â I participated via aÂ manual bid the loan was Autofunding.Â The borrower hadÂ B credit and a 1392557% DTI (unverifiable income).Â As a reminder my standing orders (and manual bids)Â only find loans with 0 current delinquencies, 10 or less delinquencies......
- Homewood Ski Area, Homewood, CA Homewood Ski Area is located in: Homewood, CA Phone: (530) 525-2992 Website: http://www.skihomewood.com/ About the Resort: This is an ideal place for families and for those that are interested in skiing, but are looking for a beginner friendly environment. Homewood has been ranked in the highest ski resorts in the......
- A couple warnings related to fake security sites
- Another wolf in sheeps clothing
- Anti phishing information (phighting phishing ?)
- Warning – old wolf in sheeps clothing cloned…
- Huge identity theft ring discovered by spyware research