This is another “wolf in sheeps clothing” alert. The Sunbelt blog has information and tips on a number of other sites that are posing as either the Windows security center page, or a page not found error. The windows security center spoof once again claims the following “Attention! Your system is under control of remote computer with IP address >>>>>>> The remote computer has access to the following folders on your PC: windowssystem32 program filesinternet explorer my documents drive C; files, click here to download official anti-spyware software. Your private info is collected by w32.sinnaka.a@mm”
The page not found spoof goes like this: “The page cannot be displayed: the pag eyou are looking for is currently unavailable. The web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings. Please try the following: Install Spy trooper software to clean your pc. If you typed the page address in the address bar….” the rest of the page seems to be the usual Microsoft IE page cannot be displayed template. The other note is that at the top of the page there is a windows information bar that says “The page you are looking for is blocked by the adware on your pc. Remove it with spy trooper software click here.”
From sunbelt here is a listing of the latest sites, and previously discovered sites as well:
Newly found sites
Florence, AL US
wm @ needupdate.com
mag @ sexpicporn.com
Sites already known
henn @ teeeen.com
mag @ sexpicporn.com
Network administrators may want to block IP addresses for these sites.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Network Security guide for the home or small business network - Part 5 - Update your software Okay - so after the last article you've inventoried what software you use on a PC and you know what services (server's) the pc runs that you've told it to. You even know what passes as "normal" startup programs. Now it's time to put that to use. It's time to......
- Modern Computer Viruses are almost NEVER from whom they claim to be from This is one that I've probably talked about before, but it's worth rehashing because of a call I had this afternoon. A customer had been receiving phone calls and email messages from folks asking that he stop sending them a virus. Essentially all of the viruses were claiming to be......
- Rootscan.info? More Rogue Security Software on the horizon? To follow up the last post about watching google hot trends.... I noticed an unusual search in the trends for rootscan.info. It currently seems to redirect to a site talking about rogue antivirus removal so it might not be anything, but the related searches for virus doctor, virus doctor removal,......
- My Prosper Internal Rate of Return Update (End of Jly 07) = 0.57% This is a RateLadder only IRR update. (An IRR lender âgameâ update is in the works.) I saw a big spike in loan 1 month late or more. Here is my permanent tracking page: http://rateladder.com/my-prosper-irr/ My Prosper IRR is defined as: Monthly cash flows with one extra month using the......
- RateLadder.com Website Analytics for Jan 07 Top 5 Visitor Sources # Unique reddit.com 751 forums.prosper.com 329 google 260 (direct) 160 pfblogs.org 98 64.77 Unique Visitors per Day.Â 154.9 Page views per day.Â 2.39 pages per visit. 73% New Visitors 27% Returning 92.18% from United States. 99.25% English Language. Browser Visits Percent Firefox 915 45.57% Internet......
- A couple warnings related to fake security sites
- Another wolf in sheeps clothing
- Anti phishing information (phighting phishing ?)
- Warning – old wolf in sheeps clothing cloned…
- Huge identity theft ring discovered by spyware research