Well, last week I detailed attempts to get one phishing site shut down, then another two sites shut down. All three of those are out of operation now. I’ve gone after a fourth and it’s still up and going several days on. It’s spoofing ebay’s site and I’ve contacted both ebay through their fraud notification email system and I’ve contacted the abuse admin at the domain in question. I seem to be having a hard time pinning down anyone else to contact. So, if anyone views this and wants to help, the phishing site is at http://188.8.131.52/ebay/ there was no obvious directory listing of phished information, so I don’t feel like I’m giving you anything you wouldn’t have if you got the same phishing email.
The contact information for this ip address is as follows:
inetnum: 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
descr: XI’AN HAI TIAN NETCLUB
descr: Xi’an city, shaanxi
changed: email@example.com 20021008
status: ASSIGNED NON-PORTABLE
person: WANG WEI NA
address: Xi Xin street 90# XIAN
changed: firstname.lastname@example.org 20001127
Thanks for anyone that can pitch in and help see this page go down.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- More rogue security software Wolves in sheeps clothing.... from Sunbelt blog.... Watch out for pestcapture and "friends" (using dlls from spysheriff). Thanks to sunbelt for keeping their eyes open on the threat of wolves in sheepdogs clothing.... It's so frustrating having to explain to someone that the software they downloaded to solve their problems......
- Clamav 0.88 for Mandrake 10.0 I've got a couple of older Mandrake 10.0 servers that I'm still maintaining. They're systems that it hasn't been practical (yet) to do an upgrade to a more recent release of the base operating system. Two of those are currenlty using Clamantivirus for their mailscanning. So, with the recent security......
- How to Remove Volcano Security Suite | Volcano Security Suite Removal Guide The prolific and frustrating VUNDO trojan family is currently in the process of bringing a new gift to those with the misfortune of being infected with the vundo trojan. This is a new rogue antivirus application known as Volcano Security Suite. It appears as though it may be delivered by......
- Dell PowerEdge Motherboard Firmware Contains Malware SecurityOrb.com has learned Dell has officially confirmed that some of its PowerEdge R410 rack server motherboards were shipped to customers with malware embedded on the server management firmware. Many customers became frustrated due to the company’s slow response to provide details on the matter. Source: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/956/t/19339458.aspx For more information on......
- Home Security - Don't Make Yourself a Target In 2004, the Justice Bureau released the statistics that nearly one in six homes were burgled, that 75% of all crime was related to property and that in 90% of the burglaries the burglar gained access into the home. Every 3 seconds a property crime occurs, and every 15 seconds......
- Fed Launches QE2: How Does That Benefit Me? /caption] Today the Federal Reserve launched the highly anticipated QE2, announcing that it will buy $600 million of Treasuries in 2011 ($75 million per month). It will also continue to reinvest payments on its securities holdings which could bring the total capital injection closer to $1 trillion dollars. I'm still......
- Phishing – Bank of the West Notice part three… (deeper sigh)
- Anti phishing information (phighting phishing ?)
- There aren’t THAT many phish in the sea, more on phighting phishing
- Phish down – finally
- More phishing… Paypal is the target this time