Well, last week I detailed attempts to get one phishing site shut down, then another two sites shut down. All three of those are out of operation now. I’ve gone after a fourth and it’s still up and going several days on. It’s spoofing ebay’s site and I’ve contacted both ebay through their fraud notification email system and I’ve contacted the abuse admin at the domain in question. I seem to be having a hard time pinning down anyone else to contact. So, if anyone views this and wants to help, the phishing site is at http://188.8.131.52/ebay/ there was no obvious directory listing of phished information, so I don’t feel like I’m giving you anything you wouldn’t have if you got the same phishing email.
The contact information for this ip address is as follows:
inetnum: 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
descr: XI’AN HAI TIAN NETCLUB
descr: Xi’an city, shaanxi
changed: email@example.com 20021008
status: ASSIGNED NON-PORTABLE
person: WANG WEI NA
address: Xi Xin street 90# XIAN
changed: firstname.lastname@example.org 20001127
Thanks for anyone that can pitch in and help see this page go down.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Multiple Apple updates as Mac goes to version 10.4.8 Apple is fixing 15 security flaws with the 10.4.8 version upgrade of Mac OS X. (There is a second update as well.... Security Update 2006-006). In typical fashion there are a bundle of issues in these updates. Several address remotely exploitable vulnerabilities. According to Incidents.org 10.4.8 addresses the following.... -......
- More on Explorer vulnerability Among other things... Sans has lowered the infocon to green, NOT that the threat is diminished, but there have been no new developments with regards to the announcement yesterday of a major Internet Explorer security vulnerability. Sans recommends browsing the web with firefox (with the noscript extension, so you can......
- What a week.... I think it's time to pass along a long story of what's gone on over the last week or so here and some of the reasons there hasn't been anything posted. Generally, I would say that work has been busy, but something happened last week that went a bit beyond......
- Home Security - Don't Make Yourself a Target In 2004, the Justice Bureau released the statistics that nearly one in six homes were burgled, that 75% of all crime was related to property and that in 90% of the burglaries the burglar gained access into the home. Every 3 seconds a property crime occurs, and every 15 seconds......
- Dell PowerEdge Motherboard Firmware Contains Malware SecurityOrb.com has learned Dell has officially confirmed that some of its PowerEdge R410 rack server motherboards were shipped to customers with malware embedded on the server management firmware. Many customers became frustrated due to the company’s slow response to provide details on the matter. Source: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/956/t/19339458.aspx For more information on......
- Ernests Gulbis Wins against Mardy Fish in Farmers Classic There are many different times when watching tennis that you will encounter an upset which you did not expect. This weekend was one of those times. This is because Mardy Fish was beaten by 22 year old Ernests Gublis. The young player squared off against the premiere tennis player from......
- Phishing – Bank of the West Notice part three… (deeper sigh)
- Anti phishing information (phighting phishing ?)
- There aren’t THAT many phish in the sea, more on phighting phishing
- Phish down – finally
- More phishing… Paypal is the target this time