Well, last week I detailed attempts to get one phishing site shut down, then another two sites shut down. All three of those are out of operation now. I’ve gone after a fourth and it’s still up and going several days on. It’s spoofing ebay’s site and I’ve contacted both ebay through their fraud notification email system and I’ve contacted the abuse admin at the domain in question. I seem to be having a hard time pinning down anyone else to contact. So, if anyone views this and wants to help, the phishing site is at http://188.8.131.52/ebay/ there was no obvious directory listing of phished information, so I don’t feel like I’m giving you anything you wouldn’t have if you got the same phishing email.
The contact information for this ip address is as follows:
inetnum: 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
descr: XI’AN HAI TIAN NETCLUB
descr: Xi’an city, shaanxi
changed: firstname.lastname@example.org 20021008
status: ASSIGNED NON-PORTABLE
person: WANG WEI NA
address: Xi Xin street 90# XIAN
changed: email@example.com 20001127
Thanks for anyone that can pitch in and help see this page go down.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- The Great Cyberwar It went un-noticed by most people for a few years. After all, the ones that were affected were just those that were "asking for it". Where to start. Let's see, back in the day there were some that sent out messages to other peoples computers and even when people tried......
- Phantastic site for Phishing research.... By way of Sunbelt blog... The Phishtank at Internet Defence has a realtime archive of phishing emails as well as real time information on the status of their host sites. On their phishing site monitor it says... The following table shows, in real time, the status of the currently monitored......
- The "secure software" dilemma It's quite a dilemma when a software product is billed as more secure than another.... several days back when Mozilla Firefox released v. 18.104.22.168 which fixed a number of security issues, I saw someone comment "I thought firefox was supposed to be secure." I think there's a misunderstanding when it......
- Dell PowerEdge Motherboard Firmware Contains Malware SecurityOrb.com has learned Dell has officially confirmed that some of its PowerEdge R410 rack server motherboards were shipped to customers with malware embedded on the server management firmware. Many customers became frustrated due to the company’s slow response to provide details on the matter. Source: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/956/t/19339458.aspx For more information on......
- Home Security - Don't Make Yourself a Target In 2004, the Justice Bureau released the statistics that nearly one in six homes were burgled, that 75% of all crime was related to property and that in 90% of the burglaries the burglar gained access into the home. Every 3 seconds a property crime occurs, and every 15 seconds......
- Ernests Gulbis Wins against Mardy Fish in Farmers Classic There are many different times when watching tennis that you will encounter an upset which you did not expect. This weekend was one of those times. This is because Mardy Fish was beaten by 22 year old Ernests Gublis. The young player squared off against the premiere tennis player from......
- Phishing – Bank of the West Notice part three… (deeper sigh)
- Anti phishing information (phighting phishing ?)
- There aren’t THAT many phish in the sea, more on phighting phishing
- Phish down – finally
- More phishing… Paypal is the target this time