Cyber Security is a rogue antivirus application. It is in the same family as totalsecurity (total security Removal Guide) and SystemSecurity. This software installs through web popups and trojan horse activity makes false claims about your system being compromised by viruses and other security problems, hijacks we browser activity claiming many sites to be dangerous that are not and promises to solve many issues if you purchase. All of it’s claims are falsified. Read on for how to remove cyber security.
First off, though thanks to bleepingcomputer.com for the following multilingual list of warning messages from cyber security:
Privacy violation alert!
Cyber Security has detected numerous privacy violations. Some programs may send your private data to an untrusted internet host. Click here to permanently block this activity and remove the possible threat (Recommended)
System files modification alert!
Important system files of your computer may be modified by malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss. Click here to block unauthorized modification and remove potential threats (Recommended).
Spyware activity alert!
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. It is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs, including logins and passwords from online banking sessions, eBay, PayPal. It may also create special tracking files to log your activity and compromise your Internet privacy. It’s strongly recommended to remove this threat as soon as possible. Click here to remove Spyware.IEMonster.
Systemdateien wurden geandert! Irgendeinen wichtigen Systemdateien wurden von gefahrvolles Programm geandert. Das kann Systemsinstabilitat und Datenverzicht zur Folge haben. Klicken Sie hier an um unberechtigten Modifikationen durch die Loschung der Gefahrdungen zu blockieren (empfehlt).
activite du Logiciel espion!
Logiciel espion. Lactivite de IEMonster est decouverte. Cest un Logiciel espion, qui tente de s’emparer des mots de passe d Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook et d autres programmes, y compris des logins et des mots de passe des operations bancaires en ligne, eBay, PayPal. Il peut egalement creer des poursuites speciales des fichiers pour enregistrer votre activite et compromettre votre intimite a l’Internet. Il est fort recommande d eradiquer la menace le plus vite possible. Cliquez ici pour supprimer le Logiciel espion. IEMonster.
This virus also impersonates Microsoft Security Center and in the Windows Security Center screen will be a link and encouragement to purchase Cyber Security. If ALL of this isn’t enough… (but WAIT there’s MORE!) Cyber Security Comes with a screen saver that simulates a blue screen and reboot cycle of your pc imploring you to purchase Cyber Security. The text (again thanks to bleepingcomputer.com is as follows:
***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0×00000000, 0xF73120AE, 0xC0000008, 0xC0000000)
A spyware application has been detected and Windows has been shut down to
prevent damage to your computer
If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure your antivirus software is properly installed. If this is a
new installation, ask your software manufacturer for any antivirus updates
you might need.
Windows detected unregistered version of %product% protection on your computer.
If problems continue, please activate your antivirus software to prevent computer
damage and data loss.
*** SRV.SYS – Address F73120AE base at C00000000, DateStamp 36b072a3
Beginning dump of physical memory…
This is JUST a screensaver and not an actual bluescreen/ system crash. The price for this scareware in addition to your time lost is $59.95 if you’ve been tricked into paying for this mess. (I suggest you cancel payment because you’ll do more good for your computer burning the cash than paying for this program.)
So, the first step for removing cyber security would be to download and install malwarebytes antimalware from the virus removal toolkit page. It’s possible that this pest may not allow the installation of this software (or running of a scan.) In that case here are some possibilities for you. 1) rename the executable file (mbam.exe) and then re-try installing. In other words if it prevents mbam.exe from running, rename it to somethingelse.exe and then try running again. 2) reboot into safe mode and repeat your installation attempt. 3) read on for the processes that will need to be killed off in task manager and after they are terminated then re-attempt your install and scan with mbam.exe
The following is the running process associated with cyber security. If you are unable to open task manager then you may try process explorer (or copy and paste task manager’s exe file to another name.) To continue with your cyber security removal kill off the following process:
The following dll should be unregistered and deleted to remove cyber security:
The following files and folders are associated with Cyber Security and you should delete these to complete removal of Cyber Security:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuCS
%docs%All UsersStart MenuCSComputer Scan.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuCSCyber Security.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuCSHelp.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuCSRegistration.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuCSSecurity Center.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuCSSettings.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuCSUpdate.lnk
%appdata%MicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchCS.lnk
After any manual removal that includes the above files I would install, update and run malwarebytes antimalware as well as a reputable antivirus program to ensure that you’ve successfully completed the removal of cyber security as well as any trojans or other malware that may have enabled it to invade your system.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide TrustFighter sports a very familiar face, but a different name. Trustfighter is a rogue security application that is in the long line of similar applications such as TrustSoldier (TrustSoldier removal guide) and the following others... SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier......
- How to Remove Antivir | Antivir Removal Guide Antivir is a rogue antivirus application that is pushed through web site popup ads on unsuspecting users. Basically in web browsing you may see a popup claiming that your computer is infected and you should run a malware scan. Clicking to proceed will probably show an animation of a scan......
- How to Remove Cyber Protection Center | Removal Guide Cyber Protection Center is related to Cyber Security (see how to remove cyber security). These are rogue antivirus applications that will generate many warnings and error messages on your system claiming (falsely) that your system is infected with countless virus and trojan infected files. In reality, Cyber Protection Center may......
- Bank that Payroll Tax Savings I am generally a low-tax proponent, but recent tax cutting by Congress is getting me a little worried about Social Security. The employee's portion of the payroll tax has been cut from 6.1% to 4.1%. What can that mean for future retirees? Here is the hypothetical scenario that concerns me.......
- MyFasterPC Review (Why It's Not Worth the Money). I don't usually do software reviews, but software development is my day job and I know a lot of people are looking to save time and money by keeping their old PCs (or even newer PCs!) in top running condition. I've been seeing a lot of commercials for MyFasterPC.com and......
- Determining the Best Age to Start Social Security Many baby boomers are in the home stretch toward retirement and thinking about what will be the best age for them to claim Social Security retirement benefits. I have already written about this issue from several different angles but I thought it would make sense to pull all of that......
- How to Remove Cyber Protection Center | Removal Guide
- How to Remove Ghost Antivirus
- How to Remove MaCatte Antivirus 2009 | Removal Guide
- How to Remove Personal Security | Personal Security Removal Guide
- How to Remove APCSecure | APCSecure Removal Guide