System Fighter is a rogue antivirus application. It is the latest variation in the relentless wini family of rogues. (The last of these was systemveteran (systemveteran removal guide.) Rogue antivirus applications usually install through a popup website that appears to be scanning your computer for viruses (and finding them). This is usually simply a really good animation and you get to see the same thing no matter which web browser or operating system you visit from. They will also popup warnings about files infected on your system and claim the only way to fix the problem they find is to purchase their software. Of course, you can’t fix something that isn’t wrong and so purchasing really doesn’t accomplish much for you. Read on for how to remove system fighter:
First off you should try to remove systemfighter through the add/remove programs feature in the control panel. It may uninstall this way. Even if it does I would suggest downloading and installing a utility such as malwarebytes antimalware and a trusted antivirus program (avg/avira/trendmicro) and then making sure that you update and run a full scan of your system with those tools.
On my virus removal toolkit page you will find links to find and download malwarebytes antimalware. While you are there you may wish to also download process explorer.
If you are unable to install and run malwarebytes you may try the following tricks. 1) rename the installer to something else. It came as mbam-setup.exe so rename it to henry.exe and then try to run the installer and update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode (with networking so you can update) and retry the installer, update and scan. 3) follow the next steps for manual removal that involve killing off the running processes associated with system fighter. Then retry the install, update and scan.
The following processes are associated with System Fighter and should be killed off using the task manager. If you are unable to launch task manager find and copy it’s program file (taskmgr.exe) and paste it to a new file on the desktop, rename that file to something else (henrietta.exe) and then launch that to find the processes listed. If you prefer you could also make use of process explorer (as mentioned above) to find and kill the following running processes:
There may be another file that includes tmp and .exe in its name if so, terminate this process too.
The following files and folders should be removed for a manual removal of system fighter:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemFighter1 SystemFighter.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemFighter2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSystemFighter3 Uninstall.lnk
I would also look in %tmp% for a file with tmp and exe in it if you found it in your running processes. This guide may be updated for other files in the %win% directory.
Even after a complete manual removal of systemfighter it is still a good idea to install a utility to clean such as malwarebytes antimalware and a trusted antivirus application (avg, avira, trendmicro) and scan the machine to make sure that it is clean.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SoftVeteran | Soft Veteran Removal Guide SoftVeteran is the latest version of the long and seemingly never ending line of rogue antivirus programs known as the wini family. The most recent was SoftCop (see the SoftCop removal guide.) But, the line goes much further back.... Softsoldier (How to remove SoftSoldier), ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier......
- How to Remove Windows Smart Security (Removal Guide) Windows Smart Security is a rogue spyware application that may fool people into installing and purchasing due to the use of the words Windows and Security in the title. It may fool people into thinking that it is related to Microsoft Windows and perhaps even a part of the operating......
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal SecurityFighter is making the rounds as yet another rogue security application. It installs itself via trojans and web popups and creates files that it then claims are viral and need to be cleaned out for your computer to be safe. Of course, they never can do that without you first......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- How to Remove a Car Stereo [/caption]One of the most inexpensive methods to upgrading a car stereo system, is removing the car stereo yourself, and then installing the new stereo. The main stereo unit is the most often changed out component. The time that it takes can take between an hour to a full afternoon. The......
- Mailbox Rust Removal Guide When your outdoor mailbox is exposed, it can react with the elements in the atmosphere, causing a process that is known as oxidation, and that is responsible for the formation of rust on a variety of different types of metal surfaces. Mailboxes tend to be particularly vulnerable when they are......
- How to Remove ReAnti | ReAnti Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiTroy | AntiTroy Removal Guide
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide