Windows System Defender is a new rogue antivirus software along the lines of Windows PC Defender (See the Windows PC Defender Removal guide) (I believe it’s the same family of malware.) It claims to be a powerful and effective antivirus and antispyware suite, but will overwhelm you with warnings and alerts and popups of security problems with your computer and more or less hold you hostage with the fear that your data is at risk unless you purchase their software. All of their scans are falsified and most likely the biggest thing wrong with your computer is having this rogue software installed. Read on for how to remove windows system defender.
The following website should be blocked to protect against future activity from Windows System Defender:
Next you may try to uninstall Windows System Defender using the control panel (add/remove programs applet). You never know it may work, but for many of these rogues it doesn’t. So, visit the virus removal toolkit page and download malwarebytes antimalware (and possibly process explorer – see below for why you may need it.) Next try to install, update and run a full scan with malwarebytes antimalware. If you are unable to do so, try the following things. 1 ) reboot into safe mode and rerun the install. 2) rename the installer file for malwarebytes from mbam-setup.exe to something else (henry.exe for instance). 3) continue with the next steps of manual removal and retry the install after you have killed off the running processes associated with Windows System Defender.
The following process should be killed off using the task manager to continue with a manual removal of Windows System Defender. If you are unable to run task manager you may try either copying and pasting the executable to a new file name. (Taskmgr.exe renamed to myfile.exe or something.) If that doesn’t work for you try out process explorer to kill off the running processes. You can find a link to process explorer on the virus removal toolkit page.
To continue with a manual removal of Windows System Defender then continue to delete the following files and folders:
%docs%All UsersApplication Data61a60WSDDSys
%docs%All UsersApplication Data61a60
%docs%All UsersApplication Data61a60WS83b.exe
%docs%All UsersApplication Data61a608727.mof
%docs%All UsersApplication Data61a60mozcrt19.dll
%docs%All UsersApplication Data61a60sqlite3.dll
%docs%All UsersApplication Data61a60WSD.ico
%docs%All UsersApplication Data61a60WSDDSysvd952342.bd
%docs%All UsersApplication DataWSDDSys
%docs%All UsersApplication DataWSDDSyswsd.cfg
%userprof%Application DataWindows System Defender
%userprof%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchWindows System Defender.lnk
%userprof%Application DataWindows System Defendercookies.sqlite
%userprof%DesktopWindows System Defender.lnk
%userprof%Start MenuWindows System Defender.lnk
%userprof%Start MenuProgramsWindows System Defender.lnk
There may be a randomized component to some of the file names above so use this as a starting point for your search to remove Windows System Defender from your computer. Even after a successful manual removal of Windows System Defender I would continue to install, update and run a scan with malwarebytes antimalware as well as a followup scan with a trusted antivirus program such as avira, or avg.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Volcano Security Suite | Volcano Security Suite Removal Guide The prolific and frustrating VUNDO trojan family is currently in the process of bringing a new gift to those with the misfortune of being infected with the vundo trojan. This is a new rogue antivirus application known as Volcano Security Suite. It appears as though it may be delivered by......
- How to Remove PC Live Guard | PC Live Guard Removal Guide PC Live Guard is a Rogue antivirus application that typically installs on a system through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. You will see things that pop up appearing to be a scan of your computer, but it's really just an ad pushing this product. Once the software is on......
- How to Remove Cyber Security | Cyber Security Removal Guide Cyber Security is a rogue antivirus application. It is in the same family as totalsecurity (total security Removal Guide) and SystemSecurity. This software installs through web popups and trojan horse activity makes false claims about your system being compromised by viruses and other security problems, hijacks we browser activity claiming......
- Stained Glass Windows Antiques -> Architectural and Garden -> Stained Glass Windows-> Pre-1900 Stained glass windows are more than just functional windows, they are works of art that can express exalted meanings or simply beautify a room. When you are shopping for antique stained glass, it’s important to understand the amount of time......
- Window Glazing Repairs If you're not ready to sink money into replacement windows but your windows are drafty and in poor shape, you can make simple window glazing repairs yourself. Also known as reglazing, this is simply the removal of the old glazing (the putty around the panes of glass) and application of......
- What You Need To Know About Budgeting It is hard for experts to explain why so many people in the population resist creating a budget to manage their monthly finances.Â Budgeting is a necessary evil for any person that has the potential to overspend or has a set amount of income that they can use each month.Â ......
- How to Remove System Defender | System Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove Total PC Defender | Total PC Defender Removal Guide