Data Doctor 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It will pop up warnings and claim that your system is infected with viruses or has other security problems. In reality the worst problem you have is that Data Doctor 2010 is on your system. It will further claim that it can fix those problems if you pay for the software, which I hope you will not do, but instead read on for how to remove data doctor 2010.
The first way you may wish to try to remove data doctor 2010 is to go to the control panel and make use of the add/remove programs applet to uninstall data doctor 2010. If this looks as though it works that’s good, but don’t stop there. Proceed to install a tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and update it and let it run a full scan to verify that everything is clean. Many of these rogues will resist being uninstalled in the traditional way.
There is a link to download malwarebytes available on my virus removal toolkit page. While you’re there you may wish to download process explorer as well. (You may need it a bit later in the removal process.) After you download it you may find it challenging to install, simply because many rogues do resist the installation of tools that might threaten their ability to stay in the system. If you run into difficulties getting malwarebytes installed and going, try the following: 1) rename the installer from mbam-setup.exe to firefox.exe and retry the install, then update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry the install (possibly using trick 1 as well.) 3) follow the next step which involves killing off the running processes related to data doctor 2010 and then retry your malwarebytes install.
The following processes are associated with data doctor 2010 and should be killed off to remove the rogue. If you are unable to launch task manager to kill them off, then try the following: copy the task manager program to the desktop and then rename it to something like iexplore.exe and retry launching this newly renamed task manager. 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the applications listed are running, if not continue with your manual removal. 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the following processes:
The following files should be deleted for a complete manual removal of data doctor 2010:
%userprof%Start MenuProgramsDataDoctorUninstall DataDoctor.lnk
%userprof%Start MenuProgramsDataDoctorDataDoctor on the Web.url
Once you have removed the above files you should have finished your manual removal of data doctor 2010 and should follow up with scans of your machine with both malware removal tools such as malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware as well as a virus scan with a trusted antivirus such as avira, avast, avg, mcafee, trendmicro or another well known and trusted antivirus product.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide) Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus application that uses the name of Windows Defender and the similarities of their name to appear as an official product or add on to windows. Of course, the real Windows Defender is a legitimate application, but Windows Enterprise Defender is a rogue antivirus......
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Suite | Removal Guide Windows Enterprise Suite is a rogue antivirus application that is made to look like and mimic the actions of legitimate security applications, but it is likely the cause of more problems on your system than it solves. It seems to be made by the same group as volcano security suite......
- Remove Proof Defender | Proof Defender Removal Proof Defender is another rogue security application that acts and claims to be antispyware/antivirus, but in reality is nothing more than a scam to get your dollars for a program that raises red flags over imaginary viruses and claims to clean them. It's related to the Perfect Defender 2009 family......
- Davis Cup World Group Semifinals and Bell Challenge This week in Tennis featured the Davis Cup World Group Semifinals and Playoffs for Men, and the Bell Challenge for the women. The Bell Challenge was held in Quebec City, Canada while the Davis Cup was held in multiple locations. Both tournaments were the first tournaments held after the recent......
- Brisbane Marina, Brisbane, CA Phone: (650) 583-6975 Boat Launch? Yes, the marina offers this facility. Average Depth: 10 feet. Please be advised that this may change due to the season or to adverse weather conditions. It is always best to call ahead to check on current water levels before you arrive. Marine Standby......
- Carrier IQ: What You Should Know by Lookout Mobile Security What is Carrier IQ? Carrier IQ is diagnostic software that comes pre-installed on some mobile devices. Mobile network operators use information gathered on your location and call activity to improve network coverage and reduce instances of dropped calls. Recently there has been a large amount of press coverage over the......
- Remove Personal Guard 2009 | Personal Guard 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide