Data Doctor 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It will pop up warnings and claim that your system is infected with viruses or has other security problems. In reality the worst problem you have is that Data Doctor 2010 is on your system. It will further claim that it can fix those problems if you pay for the software, which I hope you will not do, but instead read on for how to remove data doctor 2010.
The first way you may wish to try to remove data doctor 2010 is to go to the control panel and make use of the add/remove programs applet to uninstall data doctor 2010. If this looks as though it works that’s good, but don’t stop there. Proceed to install a tool such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and update it and let it run a full scan to verify that everything is clean. Many of these rogues will resist being uninstalled in the traditional way.
There is a link to download malwarebytes available on my virus removal toolkit page. While you’re there you may wish to download process explorer as well. (You may need it a bit later in the removal process.) After you download it you may find it challenging to install, simply because many rogues do resist the installation of tools that might threaten their ability to stay in the system. If you run into difficulties getting malwarebytes installed and going, try the following: 1) rename the installer from mbam-setup.exe to firefox.exe and retry the install, then update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry the install (possibly using trick 1 as well.) 3) follow the next step which involves killing off the running processes related to data doctor 2010 and then retry your malwarebytes install.
The following processes are associated with data doctor 2010 and should be killed off to remove the rogue. If you are unable to launch task manager to kill them off, then try the following: copy the task manager program to the desktop and then rename it to something like iexplore.exe and retry launching this newly renamed task manager. 2) reboot into safe mode and see if the applications listed are running, if not continue with your manual removal. 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the following processes:
The following files should be deleted for a complete manual removal of data doctor 2010:
%userprof%Start MenuProgramsDataDoctorUninstall DataDoctor.lnk
%userprof%Start MenuProgramsDataDoctorDataDoctor on the Web.url
Once you have removed the above files you should have finished your manual removal of data doctor 2010 and should follow up with scans of your machine with both malware removal tools such as malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware as well as a virus scan with a trusted antivirus such as avira, avast, avg, mcafee, trendmicro or another well known and trusted antivirus product.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove System Adware Scanner 2010 | System Adware Scanner 2010 Removal Guide System Adware Scanner 2010 is a new and aggressive rogue antivirus application. Once installed on a system it creates a program that acts as a guard of sorts for it's main process. This guard process is called noterminate and will pop up warnings and encourage users to purchase the rogue......
- How to Remove Desktop Defender 2010 | Removal Guide Desktop Defender 2010 is a rogue antivirus program. It will prompt you with popups complaining about various problems that it claim your system has as well as scanning your computer and consistently finding some files to complain about. It also claims that it cannot fix the problems with your system......
- How to Remove SecureKeeper | Secure Keeper Removal SecureKeeper is a rogue antivirus application in the Wini family (with their recent new look user interface.) The Wini family is a very long running line of rogue security applications that have been producing two to three different rogues each week. Of course, the primary changes are the names, but......
- Spyware Elimination - How To Get Best Software To Remove Worst Spyware As soon as you go home you find a flyer on the porch. The exact set of shoes in the store was seen on the flyer. So the question here unanswered is how did they come to know? Is it a matter of coincidence? No, this is because of software......
- Tips on External Hard Drive Recovery [/caption] Most people have no idea what they need to do if an issue of external hard drive recovery comes into question. There are many reasons why a hard drive can lose its data and they aren't always even for very specific technical reasons to tell you the honest truth.......
- Carrier IQ: What You Should Know by Lookout Mobile Security What is Carrier IQ? Carrier IQ is diagnostic software that comes pre-installed on some mobile devices. Mobile network operators use information gathered on your location and call activity to improve network coverage and reduce instances of dropped calls. Recently there has been a large amount of press coverage over the......
- Remove Personal Guard 2009 | Personal Guard 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide