The Wini family of rogue antivirus software has given us yet another version in the last couple days… ShieldSafeness. This is quick on the heels of SoftStronghold (softstronghold removal guide) and succeeds the following variants in this prolific family…. Softveteran (see the softveteran removal guide) but…. SoftCop (see the SoftCop removal guide.) But, the line goes much further back…. Softsoldier (How to remove SoftSoldier), ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal guide and the following others… SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under yet other names. Most all of the above have the same look and feel only the name is different and the removal approaches are very similar. Read on for shieldsafeness removal.
First off, by all means give a try to uninstalling ShieldSafeness through the control panel and add/remove programs. The worst that can happen is that it won’t work. Next, go ahead and grab a copy of malwarebytes antimalware from the virus removal toolkit page and a copy of process explorer in case you need it to kill off running processes.
As most of these rogue applications, ShieldSafeness will display falsified warnings and popups complaining that your computer is at risk and infected with viruses and other issues. All of these are falsified with the exception that the greatest problem with your computer is likely this rogue. The following message has been reported with ShieldSafeness installs:
Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of ShieldSafeness and remove spyware threats from your PC.
If you are very lucky you may be able to install, update and run a full scan with malwarebytes antimalware and completely remove shieldsafeness that way. If you are unable to install malwarebytes there are a few things you can try. 1) reboot into safe mode. Then rerun the installer 2) rename malwarebytes antimalwares install file to something else…. mypetinstaller.exe then retry the install/update/scan. 3) continue on with the next steps associated with manual removal and after the running processes associated with this rogue are killed off you should be able to install, update and run malwarebytes (or you can proceed with the manual removal of ShieldSafeness and use malwarebytes to clean up afterwards.
The following processes should be killed off using the task manager or process explorer. If you are unable to launch task manager you may be able to copy the executable (taskmgr.exe) and paste it to a new file name, then rename the file to something else….. myfile.exe Your second option is to use process explorer to kill off the following running programs:
(there may be other running processes, use the list below of files to delete to find the patterns that this rogue uses to create the file names. Unfortunately the other file names will vary from install to install.)
The following files and folders should be removed for a complete removal of shieldsafeness:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsShieldSafeness
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsShieldSafeness1 ShieldSafeness.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsShieldSafeness2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsShieldSafeness3 Uninstall.lnk
c:Program FilesShieldSafeness Software
The filenames above include some that have a random component. Use the patterns that you find above to help you find the files as they exist on your system. Realize that the exact filenames you have on your system may be different than the above.
After a complete manual removal of ShieldSafeness you should run an install/update and scan with malwarebytes antimalware and then followup with a respectable antivirus program such as AVG or Avira. After this you should have completed your ShieldSafeness removal.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove KeepCop | Keep Cop Removal Guide KeepCop is yet another of those rogue antivirus applications that seem to be such a plague on computer users today. These rogue security applications usually installed without permission, or by means of trickery claiming to be a video codec or flash player update. Further they will start out on your......
- How to Remove Armor Defender | Armor Defender Removal Guide Armor Defender is the latest rogue antivirus from the wini family of rogues. It takes a bit of a departure from the recent look of their rogues. However, like all of it's other cousins in the fact that it is promoted by trojan, malware and they masquerade as flash updates......
- How to Remove SystemVeteran | Removal Guide SystemVeteran is (yet another) variation from the wini family of rogue antivirus applications. Their last one prior to this was BlockProtector (BlockProtector Removal Guide) but it is a VERY long lived family and they are churning out one variation every two to three days. Most of these have the same......
- Most Popular and Useful Security Apps for a Smart Phone The following is a post from staff writer Crystal at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff, where she writes about finding the balance between paying your bills, saving for your future, and budgeting in the fun stuff along the way. Buying a smart phone is a major investment because you spend......
- How to Install Kitchen Cabinets Installing new kitchen cabinets is a great way to give an old kitchen a facelift. In addition to being more useful, new kitchen cabinets can add value to your home and make it look a lot nicer. Before we get started, let's make sure you have all the tools you'll......
- Introduction to the Different Tattoo Removal Techniques Are you thinking of having your tattoo removed but do not know what technique will best work for you? Then, allow this article to help you make an informed decision. Depending on your budget, there are now plenty of tattoo removal techniques that you can conveniently select from. Some of......
- How to Remove SoftBarrier | SoftBarrier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide
- How to Remove BlockScanner | Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftVeteran | Soft Veteran Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide