The Wini family of rogue antivirus software has given us yet another version in the last couple days… ShieldSafeness. This is quick on the heels of SoftStronghold (softstronghold removal guide) and succeeds the following variants in this prolific family…. Softveteran (see the softveteran removal guide) but…. SoftCop (see the SoftCop removal guide.) But, the line goes much further back…. Softsoldier (How to remove SoftSoldier), ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal guide and the following others… SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under yet other names. Most all of the above have the same look and feel only the name is different and the removal approaches are very similar. Read on for shieldsafeness removal.
First off, by all means give a try to uninstalling ShieldSafeness through the control panel and add/remove programs. The worst that can happen is that it won’t work. Next, go ahead and grab a copy of malwarebytes antimalware from the virus removal toolkit page and a copy of process explorer in case you need it to kill off running processes.
As most of these rogue applications, ShieldSafeness will display falsified warnings and popups complaining that your computer is at risk and infected with viruses and other issues. All of these are falsified with the exception that the greatest problem with your computer is likely this rogue. The following message has been reported with ShieldSafeness installs:
Your computer is infected with spyware. It could damage your critical files or expose your private data on the Internet. Click here to register your copy of ShieldSafeness and remove spyware threats from your PC.
If you are very lucky you may be able to install, update and run a full scan with malwarebytes antimalware and completely remove shieldsafeness that way. If you are unable to install malwarebytes there are a few things you can try. 1) reboot into safe mode. Then rerun the installer 2) rename malwarebytes antimalwares install file to something else…. mypetinstaller.exe then retry the install/update/scan. 3) continue on with the next steps associated with manual removal and after the running processes associated with this rogue are killed off you should be able to install, update and run malwarebytes (or you can proceed with the manual removal of ShieldSafeness and use malwarebytes to clean up afterwards.
The following processes should be killed off using the task manager or process explorer. If you are unable to launch task manager you may be able to copy the executable (taskmgr.exe) and paste it to a new file name, then rename the file to something else….. myfile.exe Your second option is to use process explorer to kill off the following running programs:
(there may be other running processes, use the list below of files to delete to find the patterns that this rogue uses to create the file names. Unfortunately the other file names will vary from install to install.)
The following files and folders should be removed for a complete removal of shieldsafeness:
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsShieldSafeness
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsShieldSafeness1 ShieldSafeness.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsShieldSafeness2 Homepage.lnk
%docs%All UsersStart MenuProgramsShieldSafeness3 Uninstall.lnk
c:Program FilesShieldSafeness Software
The filenames above include some that have a random component. Use the patterns that you find above to help you find the files as they exist on your system. Realize that the exact filenames you have on your system may be different than the above.
After a complete manual removal of ShieldSafeness you should run an install/update and scan with malwarebytes antimalware and then followup with a respectable antivirus program such as AVG or Avira. After this you should have completed your ShieldSafeness removal.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide Proving once again that it takes little creativity to put out rogue antivirus applications, the same group that was behind secure fighter (securefighter removal guide) have renamed their software again and one of the more recent versions is called securewarrior. Read on for a guide to the removal of securewarrior.......
- How to Remove KeepCop | Keep Cop Removal Guide KeepCop is yet another of those rogue antivirus applications that seem to be such a plague on computer users today. These rogue security applications usually installed without permission, or by means of trickery claiming to be a video codec or flash player update. Further they will start out on your......
- How to Remove GreatDefender | GreatDefender Removal Guide GreatDefender is a rogue antivirus application from the winisoft family. It is installed onto a system through the use of trojans and other malware which should give you an indication that it is not something that you want on your system. (It's usually a bad sign when you don't know......
- How to Install a Light Dimmer Switch A light dimmer switch is a small, inexpensive piece of hardware that you can install in about a half an hour. It allows you to control the lighting in a room. Instead of flicking a switch to turn the light off and on, a light dimmer switch lets you turn......
- Search History - Today And Tomorrow It could sound a bit scary but every single stroke of my keyboard is recorded by the laptop or computer memory. You had been looking for particular info on the web. In several days whenever you required to check out the similar pages again, to your utter dismay, you......
- Change a Lock in 5 Steps Changing out a lock tends to be a relatively simple and straight forward task that only requires a few minutes of your time. A little bit of effort can really go a long way when it comes to providing you with some much needed peace of mind. This is a......
- How to Remove SoftBarrier | SoftBarrier Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftStronghold | Soft Stronghold Removal Guide
- How to Remove BlockScanner | Removal Guide
- How to Remove SoftVeteran | Soft Veteran Removal Guide
- How to Remove TrustFighter | Trust Fighter Removal Guide