SaveDefender is somewhat related to SafetyKeeper in look and feel which mimics the look and feel of the Windows Security Center (which is legitimate.) Safetykeeper creates multiple files on your machine that it later scans and claims are infected with viruses, trojans or other malware. It then scans and claims that it cannot remove these files unless you pay for the software. It also pops up fake security notices from the Windows Taskbar. All of these activities are geared to separating you from your money and purchasing a license for this rogue application. Read on for how to Remove SaveDefender.
It uses terminology such as your computer being under attack from an internet virus, and also titles these alerts as Infiltration Alerts.
To remove SaveDefender you should first try downloading Malwarebytes antimalware (link on the virus removal toolkit page). Try updating this software and run a full scan of your system with it. If your first attempt at cleaning is not successful you may need to boot into safe mode and then try the scan a second time.
If you need to do a manual SaveDefender Removal then you should look to remove the following files and their folders:
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSaveDefender
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSaveDefender1 SaveDefender.lnk
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSaveDefender2 Homepage.lnk
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSaveDefender3 Uninstall.lnk
Some of these filenames (especially those in %WinDir% and %WinDir%System32 have a random component to the names. The file names above are simply samples so you should make use of the patterns above to investigate which names it has created on your system.
After performing a manual removal of SaveDefender I would still (update and) run malwarebytes antimalware to ensure that you have cleaned your system from the remnants of this pest or any other trojans it may have used to enter your system or may have installed after it made itself home on your PC.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SoftBarrier | SoftBarrier Removal Guide Softbarrier is the latest in the long line of Wini rogue antivirus programs that include.... Shieldsafeness (see the shieldsafeness removal guide) as well as... SoftStronghold (softstronghold removal guide) and succeeds the following variants in this prolific family.... Softveteran (see the softveteran removal guide) but.... SoftCop (see the SoftCop removal guide.)......
- How to Remove TrustCop | TrustCop Removal Guide TrustCop is another rogue antivirus application in the long line of the family that gave us SecureSoldier (SecureSoldier removal guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal Guide) and countless other renamings before that. They essentially all have the same look, feel and theming. The only thing that's different is the name. They also......
- How to Remove ProtectPCs | ProtectPCs Removal Guide ProtectPCs is a rogue antivirus application from the Wini family of rogues. It will push itself through claims of it being a video codec update or flash player update. Usually these appear on a site that shows up in the search results for whatever latest greatest sought after video clip......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- How to Install a Home Security System: Most Common Pitfalls Installing a home security system might seem easy. To be sure, it’s a lot easier to install one today than it was just a decade ago. Inexpensive consumer electronics components combined with robust wireless technology means that even an amateur can put in a decent system. Just because it’s easy,......
- Mastering the Art of Stair Repair Broken or loose stairs are not only unsightly, but they can also be incredibly dangerous. Repairing stairs doesn’t have to be difficult and unless they need a total replacement, you should be able to take care of it with just some basic tools. To get started, you’ll need to have......
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecuritySoldier | Security Soldier Removal
- Remove Proof Defender | Proof Defender Removal