SaveDefender is somewhat related to SafetyKeeper in look and feel which mimics the look and feel of the Windows Security Center (which is legitimate.) Safetykeeper creates multiple files on your machine that it later scans and claims are infected with viruses, trojans or other malware. It then scans and claims that it cannot remove these files unless you pay for the software. It also pops up fake security notices from the Windows Taskbar. All of these activities are geared to separating you from your money and purchasing a license for this rogue application. Read on for how to Remove SaveDefender.
It uses terminology such as your computer being under attack from an internet virus, and also titles these alerts as Infiltration Alerts.
To remove SaveDefender you should first try downloading Malwarebytes antimalware (link on the virus removal toolkit page). Try updating this software and run a full scan of your system with it. If your first attempt at cleaning is not successful you may need to boot into safe mode and then try the scan a second time.
If you need to do a manual SaveDefender Removal then you should look to remove the following files and their folders:
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSaveDefender
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSaveDefender1 SaveDefender.lnk
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSaveDefender2 Homepage.lnk
%DocRoot%All UsersStart MenuProgramsSaveDefender3 Uninstall.lnk
Some of these filenames (especially those in %WinDir% and %WinDir%System32 have a random component to the names. The file names above are simply samples so you should make use of the patterns above to investigate which names it has created on your system.
After performing a manual removal of SaveDefender I would still (update and) run malwarebytes antimalware to ensure that you have cleaned your system from the remnants of this pest or any other trojans it may have used to enter your system or may have installed after it made itself home on your PC.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove PCSecure | PCSecure Removal Guide PCSecure is a recent rogue antivirus from the notorious and prolific wini family of rogue security software. It is typically promoted via trojan downloaders. Usually these will be on a website with a video that may be highly sought after. In order to see the video though you are told......
- How to Remove SoftBarrier | SoftBarrier Removal Guide Softbarrier is the latest in the long line of Wini rogue antivirus programs that include.... Shieldsafeness (see the shieldsafeness removal guide) as well as... SoftStronghold (softstronghold removal guide) and succeeds the following variants in this prolific family.... Softveteran (see the softveteran removal guide) but.... SoftCop (see the SoftCop removal guide.)......
- How to Remove SystemWarrior | SystemWarrior Removal Guide SystemWarrior is a rogue security application from the Wini family. It was the last in a long line of Wini rogues to use the older user interface before the release of AntiAid (you never know - they may reuse this interface, but there are a lot of rogues in this......
- How to Install a Home Security System: Most Common Pitfalls Installing a home security system might seem easy. To be sure, it’s a lot easier to install one today than it was just a decade ago. Inexpensive consumer electronics components combined with robust wireless technology means that even an amateur can put in a decent system. Just because it’s easy,......
- FAQ about computer security Q: The virus blocked the registry access and how to get rid of it?A: You can deal with like this: 1. Click on Start -> Run (or Start Search in Windows Vista). 2. Enter GPEdit.msc and then press Enter. 3. Navigate to the following location: User Configuration -> Administrative Templates......
- World Wide Web Security Essentials Is Not A Real Spyware Remover. It Resembles The Functions And Looks World wide web Security Essentials is not a real spyware remover. It resembles the functions and looks of genuine spyware removal software but has no capacity to eliminate any virus, trojan or malware. Web Security Essentials is the newest addition to the growing list of rogue Antivirus programs. Internet Security......
- Remove SafetyKeeper | SafetyKeeper Removal
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal
- How to Remove SystemCop | System Cop Removal
- How to Remove SecuritySoldier | Security Soldier Removal
- Remove Proof Defender | Proof Defender Removal