Windows PC Defender is a rogue antivirus application that resembles the legitimate antispyware known as Windows Defender from Microsoft. Their intent apparently is to mimic the look an theming of that application to trick potential customers into trusting and downloading (and paying for) their product. It is a clone of Windows Guard Pro and Ultimate System Guard. Like so many of these rogues, they simply change the names and recycle much of what they’ve used before. As most of these applications do, Windows PC Defender displays false claims of system problems and threats and claims to be able to remove them if you pay. So… on to removal of windows pc defender.
You will likely see the following popups on your system if it is infected with Windows PC Defender:
Suspicious software, which may be malicious, has been detected on your PC. Click here to remove this threat immediately with Windows PC Defender
Warning! Your computer is infected
Warning! Trojan Found!
File name: crss.drv
Threat name: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Sunfraud.a
The following sites should be blocked to protect against Windows PC Defender:
You may be able to use malwarebytes antimalware to perform an automatic removal of this pest, you can download it via a link on my virus removal toolkit page.
It might be possible to try safe mode for running a clean up with malwarebytes antimalware if it doesn’t work during the a normal boot of windows. Additionally killing the following processes via the task manager may help in the automated removal of this pest:
These dlls need to be removed and unregistered:
Then to continue with a manual removal you should look to delete the following files and folders:
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d5678424.mof
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567mozcrt19.dll
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567sqlite3.dll
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567WP345d.exe
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567WPCD.ico
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567WPCDSys
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567WPCDSysvd952342.bd
%users%All UsersApplication DataWPCDSys
%users%All UsersApplication DataWPCDSyswpcd.cfg
%UserProf%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchWindows PC Defender.lnk
%UserProf%Application DataWindows PC Defender
%UserProf%Application DataWindows PC Defendercookies.sqlite
%UserProf%Application DataWindows PC DefenderInstructions.ini
%UserProf%DesktopWindows PC Defender.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuWindows PC Defender.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsWindows PC Defender.lnk
After a manual removal it would be wise to run a scan and cleaning with Malwarebytes antimalware to ensure that you have cleaned out everything during your windows pc defender removal. (Make certain to update your antimalware program first.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Live Enterprise Suite | Live Enterprise Suite Removal Guide Live Enterprise Suite is yet another rogue security application. This is a successor to the frustrating Internet Antivirus Pro and Ghost Antivirus rogues. Like many of these security rogues they are pushed through malware and aggressive advertising. This may be a website that when visited a screen pops up that......
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal Total Security 2009 is also known as TotalSecurity 2009 or TotalSecurity2009. It is a newer version of the Total Security Antivirus which we highlighted just a week or so ago. It is a more troublesome variant of this rogue security software. In addition to the false warnings about problems on......
- How to Remove Windows Smart Security (Removal Guide) Windows Smart Security is a rogue spyware application that may fool people into installing and purchasing due to the use of the words Windows and Security in the title. It may fool people into thinking that it is related to Microsoft Windows and perhaps even a part of the operating......
- Rebit Inc. Try Rebit 5 Backup Software - Free for 30 DaysRebit Inc. is a software company committed to delivering fully-automatic and complete PC backup and recovery, removing the burden of managing backup from users. Rebit was named a 2009 and 2010 CRN Emerging Vendor by Computer Reseller News, and Rebit......
- Microsoft to Improve User Access Control in Windows 7 I was just reading a Slashdot article about Microsoft improving User Access Control (UAC) in Windows 7. In the cited PC Pro article, Microsoft engineer Ben Fathi says: We've heard loud and clear that you are frustrated. You find the prompts too frequent, annoying, and confusing. We still want to......
- Trustifier Security Product Trustifier. The injectable nano liquid security engine that you can deploy at any layer to any level and get the security that you need around critical information. Starting from the operating system kernel itself, Trustifier security engine can inject itself into all core security layers within an operating system and......
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide
- How to Remove Volcano Security Suite | Volcano Security Suite Removal Guide
- How to Remove System Defender | System Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Virus Doctor (or Remove VirusDoctor) | Virus Doctor Removal