Windows PC Defender is a rogue antivirus application that resembles the legitimate antispyware known as Windows Defender from Microsoft. Their intent apparently is to mimic the look an theming of that application to trick potential customers into trusting and downloading (and paying for) their product. It is a clone of Windows Guard Pro and Ultimate System Guard. Like so many of these rogues, they simply change the names and recycle much of what they’ve used before. As most of these applications do, Windows PC Defender displays false claims of system problems and threats and claims to be able to remove them if you pay. So… on to removal of windows pc defender.
You will likely see the following popups on your system if it is infected with Windows PC Defender:
Suspicious software, which may be malicious, has been detected on your PC. Click here to remove this threat immediately with Windows PC Defender
Warning! Your computer is infected
Warning! Trojan Found!
File name: crss.drv
Threat name: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Sunfraud.a
The following sites should be blocked to protect against Windows PC Defender:
You may be able to use malwarebytes antimalware to perform an automatic removal of this pest, you can download it via a link on my virus removal toolkit page.
It might be possible to try safe mode for running a clean up with malwarebytes antimalware if it doesn’t work during the a normal boot of windows. Additionally killing the following processes via the task manager may help in the automated removal of this pest:
These dlls need to be removed and unregistered:
Then to continue with a manual removal you should look to delete the following files and folders:
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d5678424.mof
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567mozcrt19.dll
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567sqlite3.dll
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567WP345d.exe
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567WPCD.ico
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567WPCDSys
%users%All UsersApplication Data345d567WPCDSysvd952342.bd
%users%All UsersApplication DataWPCDSys
%users%All UsersApplication DataWPCDSyswpcd.cfg
%UserProf%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchWindows PC Defender.lnk
%UserProf%Application DataWindows PC Defender
%UserProf%Application DataWindows PC Defendercookies.sqlite
%UserProf%Application DataWindows PC DefenderInstructions.ini
%UserProf%DesktopWindows PC Defender.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuWindows PC Defender.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsWindows PC Defender.lnk
After a manual removal it would be wise to run a scan and cleaning with Malwarebytes antimalware to ensure that you have cleaned out everything during your windows pc defender removal. (Make certain to update your antimalware program first.)
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Suite | Removal Guide Windows Enterprise Suite is a rogue antivirus application that is made to look like and mimic the actions of legitimate security applications, but it is likely the cause of more problems on your system than it solves. It seems to be made by the same group as volcano security suite......
- Most home pc users lacking on PC security... Surprise!!... ummm wait, no... This article has come out while I've been in the midst of cleaning up a Windows ME pc that has been "0\/\/ned" (owned/controlled...) by someone other than the owner for a bit over 15 months. The system had NO antivirus, no firewall (no antispyware) and used......
- How to Remove Windows Smart Security (Removal Guide) Windows Smart Security is a rogue spyware application that may fool people into installing and purchasing due to the use of the words Windows and Security in the title. It may fool people into thinking that it is related to Microsoft Windows and perhaps even a part of the operating......
- Indexer Action Manage Motivates From Ormec ORMEC, a manufacturer of movement control systems, recently announced its new XD-Series, a baby of Nuclear Link Indexer Reviews Servo Drives that provide reliable motion control capabilities for challenging applications. The XD-Series of motion control drives are multi-axis to include high performance. ORMEC ensured the XD-Series lived as much as......
- Rebit Inc. Try Rebit 5 Backup Software - Free for 30 DaysRebit Inc. is a software company committed to delivering fully-automatic and complete PC backup and recovery, removing the burden of managing backup from users. Rebit was named a 2009 and 2010 CRN Emerging Vendor by Computer Reseller News, and Rebit......
- Another Weapon in the Battle Against Media Fees If you are a regular reader, you know that lately Mrs. ToughMoneyLove and I have been working on cutting the monthly fees that we pay for electronic media and communication services. Yesterday our oldest son tipped me off to a new online TV offering from Hulu. It seems that Hulu......
- How to Remove Windows Enterprise Defender (Removal Guide)
- How to Remove Windows System Defender | Removal Guide
- How to Remove Volcano Security Suite | Volcano Security Suite Removal Guide
- How to Remove System Defender | System Defender Removal Guide
- How to Remove Virus Doctor (or Remove VirusDoctor) | Virus Doctor Removal