Internet Security 2010 is the name of a rogue antivirus application that is one of the more recent to be making the rounds. It will typically install itself on your system through the use of other malware. These rogue antivirus applications typically will pop up warnings and alerts about the security of your computer being compromised and files being infected with viruses. If you follow their advice to look into fixing the problems that they report (which almost always are falsified), they will proceed to claim that the problems cannot be fixed without first purchasing their software. REad on for how to remove Internet security 2010.
Among the alerts and warnings that INternet Security 2010 and it’s related trojans may pop up on your system are the following:
Worm.Win32.NetSky detected on your machine.
Application cannot be executed. The file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software.
Windows can`t play the folowing media formats: AVI;WMV;AVS;FLV;MKV;MOV;3GP;MP4;MPG;MPEG;MP3;AAC;WAV;WMA;CDA;FLAC;M4A;MID. Update your video and sound codec to resolve this issue.
and you are now encouraged to fix THIS problem by purchasing vscodec pro (!) which is yet ANOTHER rogue…
You may first with to try removing this pest by going to the control panel and then the add/remove programs area and attempt to uninstall internet security 2010. This is, of course, the usual way to uninstall software but typically these rogues do not yield so easily. Even if it does I would run a full scan on the system with something like superantispyware, or malwarebytes antimalware. Then run a scan with a trusted antivirus application such as avg or trendmicro.
You may download malwarebytes antimalware from my virus removal toolkit page. While you are on that page you may wish to download process explorer for another option on one of the manual removal steps below.
Try to install, update and scan with your malware remover (malwarebytes antimalware for example.) If you are unable to install this software you may 1) try renaming the installer from mbam-setup.exe to something else like iexplore.exe and retry the install,update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry the install, update and then scan. or 3) follow the next step in a manual removal of internet security 2010 where you kill off the program files associated with it and then without rebooting retry your install, update and scan.
The following processes are related to internet security 2010 and should be terminated before deleting the files in the following step. If you are unable to launch the task manager you may try these tricks. 1) copy the task manager program taskmgr.exe and paste it to the desktop, then rename it to firefox.exe – now launch it to kill off the processes 2) reboot into safe mode and check to see if the programs listed are running, if not continue your cleanup in safe mode. 3) use process explorer instead of task manager to kill off the following processes: or 4) use malwarebytes own tool rkill.com to kill off the following processes:
some of the file names above may have a random component to them. For this reason use the patterns you see, the file locations listed below and what you find on your system to determine what should be killed off.
%docs%%user%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchInternet Security 2010.lnk
%docs%%user%DesktopInternet Security 2010.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuInternet Security 2010.lnk
After a full manual removal of internet security 2010 you should continue to scan your pc with superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and then follow up with a scan from a trusted antivirus vendor such as AVG/avira or trendmicros online housecall scan.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove SoftSoldier | Soft Soldier Removal Guide Soft Soldier is yet another entry in the long wini line of rogue antivirus applications. ( TrustFighter TrustFighter Removal Guide, TrustSoldier removal guide and the following others... SafeFighter (Safefighter Removal), TrustCop (TrustCop Removal Guide), SecureWarrior (SecureWarrior Removal), SecurityFighter (SecurityFighter Removal), SecuritySoldier (SecuritySoldier Removal) and it also has gone under other......
- How to Remove System Adware Scanner 2010 | System Adware Scanner 2010 Removal Guide System Adware Scanner 2010 is a new and aggressive rogue antivirus application. Once installed on a system it creates a program that acts as a guard of sorts for it's main process. This guard process is called noterminate and will pop up warnings and encourage users to purchase the rogue......
- How to Remove Antivir | Antivir Removal Guide Antivir is a rogue antivirus application that is pushed through web site popup ads on unsuspecting users. Basically in web browsing you may see a popup claiming that your computer is infected and you should run a malware scan. Clicking to proceed will probably show an animation of a scan......
- Using the Internet for Antique Appraisals Do you know how to use the internet for the purpose of obtaining antique appraisals? There is no reason why you cannot make good use of the internet in order to determine the value of your collectibles and your antiques. Keep reading. So, do you think that you may have......
- WebFusion Webhosting Evaluation Webfusion Webhosting Evaluation Internet host Evaluation - WebFusion WebFusion has 4 diverse hosting plans constructed to accommodate your requirements and aggressive pricing. WebFusion provides webmasters and site owners' fantastic flexibility and just the scale they need to have for his or her internet site. WebFuision is component of your Pipex......
- A Review Of SENuke: What You Have To Know Let us take some time to find out about SENuke and how this outstanding and powerful tool can help you with all of your on-line marketing efforts. It can often be really be boring to carry out all the mundane, recurring tasks that make up a lot of your on......
- How to Remove Control Center | Control Center Removal Guide
- How to Remove Malware Professional 2010 | Malware Professional 2010 Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiMalware | Antimalware Removal Guide
- How to Remove SiteAdware | SiteAdware Removal Guide
- How to Remove Total PC Defender | Total PC Defender Removal Guide