Safety Antispyware is a rogue antivirus application that will scan your computer and claim that many files are infected with viruses and need to be deleted. The main problem is that these claims are falsified. Not only do you likely not have a virus (other than this monstrosity), but the files it lists as being infected are legitimate windows files and deleting them will likely damage your windows installation. So, do not follow their advice, neither should you purchase their software. They will claim that the only way to fix your system is purchasing their software. Please read more for how to remove safety antispyware.
Among the viruses that it claims are on your system, most all of them are along the lines of Win32.1, Win32.2, or Win32.3. You will also see multiple claims pop up with this infection and the text goes something like this:
Malicious programs that may steal your private information and prevent your system from working properly are detected on your computer.
Click here clean your PC immediately.
Of course, if you are the computer user you are now caught in an endless loop of complaints, popups, problems and demands that you purchase their software.
For removal you may first with to go to the control panel, add/remove programs and see if you can uninstall safety antispyware the traditional way. IF it is lucky enough that this works I still would not trust the system until after it is scanned with a malware remover such as superantispyware or malwarebytes antimalware and then thoroughly scanned with an antivirus application that is trusted such as AVG, avira, trend micro or some other reputable name.
You can find a link to download malwarebytes antimalware on my virus removal toolkit page. While you are there you may also wish to download process explorer as it may be useful later in the safety antispyware removal process.
You should try to install, update and run a scan with malwarebytes (or superantispyware if you so choose.) If you are unable to install malwarebytes you may try the following: 1) rename the installer from mbam-setup.exe to something like firefox.exe and then retry the install, update and scan. 2) reboot into safe mode with networking and retry your install, update and scan. 3) follow the next step of manual removal of safety antispyware which will by to terminate the running programs related to this rogue and then retry your install, update and scan with your antimalware tool.
The following applications are related to safety antispyware and should be killed off using the task manager. If you are unable to start the task manager you may try the following. 1) copy and paste the task manager program (taskmgr.exe) to your desktop and rename it to something like iexplore.exe and then retry launching it. 2) reboot into safe mode and verify that the following programs aren’t running and then proceed with the rest of your cleanup. 3) use process explorer instead to kill off the following applications:
safety anti-spyware 3.exe
The following files and folders should be deleted for a manual removal of safety antispyware:
%docs%%user%Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchSafety Anti-Spyware 3.lnk
%docs%%user%DesktopSafety Anti-Spyware 3.lnk
%docs%%user%Start MenuSafety Anti-Spyware 3
%docs%%user%Start MenuSafety Anti-Spyware 3Safety Anti-Spyware 3.lnk
%progfiles%Safety Anti-Spyware 3
%progfiles%Safety Anti-Spyware 3Safety Anti-Spyware 3.exe
Even after a full removal of safety antispyware you should follow up with a full scan with superantispyware, malwarebytes or other malware remover as well as a trusted antivirus product which could include an online scanner, but I would choose only trusted names such as Norton/McAfee/f-prot/AVG/Avira/kaspersky or trendmicro to name a few.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove BlockDefense | Block Defense Removal Blockdefense is yet another of these wolves in sheep clothing that make some computer users lives so miserable these days. It is from the same group of malware that includes Trustninja, save soldier, and savedefense. These are part of a group of rogue antivirus programs that are part of the......
- How to Remove SecurityFighter | Security Fighter Removal SecurityFighter is making the rounds as yet another rogue security application. It installs itself via trojans and web popups and creates files that it then claims are viral and need to be cleaned out for your computer to be safe. Of course, they never can do that without you first......
- How to Remove SecureWarrior | Secure Warrior Removal Guide Proving once again that it takes little creativity to put out rogue antivirus applications, the same group that was behind secure fighter (securefighter removal guide) have renamed their software again and one of the more recent versions is called securewarrior. Read on for a guide to the removal of securewarrior.......
- How to Fix the Windows Blue Screen of Death Hopefully after reading this article I will have some light on this for you. I will give three steps you can do to help diagnose and repair the windows blue screen error. All these are tasks you can complete on their own before taking your computer to a repair shop.......
- Change a Lock in 5 Steps Changing out a lock tends to be a relatively simple and straight forward task that only requires a few minutes of your time. A little bit of effort can really go a long way when it comes to providing you with some much needed peace of mind. This is a......
- How to Remove Antivirus 2009, Spyware Guard 2008 and Other Malware My wife, kids, and I spent this past Christmas at my parents' house. It wasn't long after we arrived before I gravitated to their computer to check my email, read the news, check the stock market, etc. Much to my dismay, I found a barrage of malware, spyware, and......
- How to Remove Anti-Virus Elite | Anti-Virus Elite Removal Guide
- How to Remove Malware Professional 2010 | Malware Professional 2010 Removal Guide
- How to Remove IGuardPC | IGuardPC Removal Guide
- How to Remove PC Live Guard | PC Live Guard Removal Guide
- How to Remove AntiSpyware Shield Pro | AntiSpyware Shield Pro Removal