Personal Guard 2009 is another rogue antivirus application that is installed through sites that claim your pc is infected with various problems. These online “scans” will encourage you to download personal guard 2009 so that you can clean up your system. Then when Personal Guard 2009 runs it’s scan it will be able to “fix” things only when you pay for the program. Of course, all of the problems that it finds are fictitious. This program prompts fake security alerts in popups from the taskbar. SO, how do you remove personal guard 2009?
Well, first, here’s a rundown of more that you may see with Personal Guard 2009 on your system:
All protection modules are turned off. Your PC is currently exposed to viruses, adware and spyware. Turn all modules on to achieve best protection and safety.
These modules cannot be enabled without purchasing the software. To remove this software I would suggest downloading, updating and running Malwarebytes antimalware which can be found on my virus removal toolkit page.
If you remove things manually, you will need to delete the following files and folders;
%UserProf%DesktopPersonal Guard 2009.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009Personal Guard 2009.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009Uninstall.lnk
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009config.cnf
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009mainbase.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009personalguard.exe
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009q.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009queue.vdb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009uninstall.exe
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009virusbase.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009quarantine
If you are having difficulty with a manual removal you may try one of two things before either running malwarebytes antimalware or deleting the files, try booting into safe mode for an alternative way to start cleaning things out. It also may be necessary to terminate or kill off any of the above processes that are running in the system making use of the task manager.
Even after performing a manual Personal Guard 2009 removal I suggest running (and updating) malwarebytes antimalware so that you can clean out any leftovers or registry entries. It’s also worth noting that a system with one pest like this may have other “friends” along as well.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- Remove SaveDefender | SaveDefender Removal SaveDefender is somewhat related to SafetyKeeper in look and feel which mimics the look and feel of the Windows Security Center (which is legitimate.) Safetykeeper creates multiple files on your machine that it later scans and claims are infected with viruses, trojans or other malware. It then scans and claims......
- How to Remove Personal Security | Personal Security Removal Guide Personal Security is a rogue antivirus application that comes from the same (dreaded) family as the Cyber Security rogue. It usually installs on the users computer without the permission of the computer user. Once installed on the system it will then perform supposed scans finding lots of virus infected files......
- How to Remove IGuardPC | IGuardPC Removal Guide IGuardPC is one of the latest clones of the winisoft family of rogue antivirus applications. It is typically installed through the use of trojans and fake video codec and or (faked) flash player updates. This rogue will pop up warnings with the title Spyware Alert! and in it's scans will......
- Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 2: An Explanation of Social Security Works) The following is a continuation of the Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 1). That article dealt with the history of Charles Ponzi and the original Ponzi scheme. In this article we'll cover the Social Security system in general. Social Security also works best as a pyramid There is......
- Make a New Year's Resolution for SMARTER Goals This Year It's 6 days into the new year... how are your New Year's Resolutions coming along? Maybe I'm just Lazy (wait, I am), but this is around the time each year that I start running into troubles. This is around the time that work starts getting going again. Right now, I'm......
- Tools to Analyze Our Retirement Portfolio I admit to being somewhat obsessive in trying to find ways to analyze the different investments in our retirement portfolio. My particular interest is, of course, portfolio survival: Will our retirement investments provide a steady and reliable income so that we will not outlive our money. Many other baby boomers are......
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal
- How to Remove Additional Guard | Additional Guard Removal Guide