Personal Guard 2009 is another rogue antivirus application that is installed through sites that claim your pc is infected with various problems. These online “scans” will encourage you to download personal guard 2009 so that you can clean up your system. Then when Personal Guard 2009 runs it’s scan it will be able to “fix” things only when you pay for the program. Of course, all of the problems that it finds are fictitious. This program prompts fake security alerts in popups from the taskbar. SO, how do you remove personal guard 2009?
Well, first, here’s a rundown of more that you may see with Personal Guard 2009 on your system:
All protection modules are turned off. Your PC is currently exposed to viruses, adware and spyware. Turn all modules on to achieve best protection and safety.
These modules cannot be enabled without purchasing the software. To remove this software I would suggest downloading, updating and running Malwarebytes antimalware which can be found on my virus removal toolkit page.
If you remove things manually, you will need to delete the following files and folders;
%UserProf%DesktopPersonal Guard 2009.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009Personal Guard 2009.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009Uninstall.lnk
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009config.cnf
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009mainbase.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009personalguard.exe
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009q.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009queue.vdb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009uninstall.exe
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009virusbase.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009quarantine
If you are having difficulty with a manual removal you may try one of two things before either running malwarebytes antimalware or deleting the files, try booting into safe mode for an alternative way to start cleaning things out. It also may be necessary to terminate or kill off any of the above processes that are running in the system making use of the task manager.
Even after performing a manual Personal Guard 2009 removal I suggest running (and updating) malwarebytes antimalware so that you can clean out any leftovers or registry entries. It’s also worth noting that a system with one pest like this may have other “friends” along as well.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove PC Scout | PC Scout Removal Guide PC Scout is another rogue application with a similar look and feel to the Windows Security Center. (It's also apparently a clone of the same family as ActiveSecurity (ActiveSecurity Removal) It likely installs through malware and the use of web popups. Once it's installed on your system it tries to......
- How to Remove IGuardPC | IGuardPC Removal Guide IGuardPC is one of the latest clones of the winisoft family of rogue antivirus applications. It is typically installed through the use of trojans and fake video codec and or (faked) flash player updates. This rogue will pop up warnings with the title Spyware Alert! and in it's scans will......
- How to Remove PC Live Guard | PC Live Guard Removal Guide PC Live Guard is a Rogue antivirus application that typically installs on a system through aggressive advertising and fake scan sites. You will see things that pop up appearing to be a scan of your computer, but it's really just an ad pushing this product. Once the software is on......
- Free Registry Cleaner Software Why It May Not Be A Good Choice Like so many people out, you may be like them who just don't know what a registry cleaner software is. It'll clean and repair the most important part of your computer, your system registry. It also will ensure that all your stored information in your registry database is defragged and......
- Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 2: An Explanation of Social Security Works) The following is a continuation of the Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 1). That article dealt with the history of Charles Ponzi and the original Ponzi scheme. In this article we'll cover the Social Security system in general. Social Security also works best as a pyramid There is......
- How to Remove Sliding Shower Doors If you are thinking about removing sliding shower doors for your next do-it-yourself project, you need to be informed on proper steps and technique. These steps will help to ensure that the door is removed properly, reducing the potential for any damage done to your ceiling, walls, and floor. Remove......
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal
- How to Remove Additional Guard | Additional Guard Removal Guide