Personal Guard 2009 is another rogue antivirus application that is installed through sites that claim your pc is infected with various problems. These online “scans” will encourage you to download personal guard 2009 so that you can clean up your system. Then when Personal Guard 2009 runs it’s scan it will be able to “fix” things only when you pay for the program. Of course, all of the problems that it finds are fictitious. This program prompts fake security alerts in popups from the taskbar. SO, how do you remove personal guard 2009?
Well, first, here’s a rundown of more that you may see with Personal Guard 2009 on your system:
All protection modules are turned off. Your PC is currently exposed to viruses, adware and spyware. Turn all modules on to achieve best protection and safety.
These modules cannot be enabled without purchasing the software. To remove this software I would suggest downloading, updating and running Malwarebytes antimalware which can be found on my virus removal toolkit page.
If you remove things manually, you will need to delete the following files and folders;
%UserProf%DesktopPersonal Guard 2009.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009Personal Guard 2009.lnk
%UserProf%Start MenuProgramsPersonal Guard 2009Uninstall.lnk
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009config.cnf
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009mainbase.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009personalguard.exe
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009q.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009queue.vdb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009uninstall.exe
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009virusbase.adb
%ProgFiles%Personal Guard 2009quarantine
If you are having difficulty with a manual removal you may try one of two things before either running malwarebytes antimalware or deleting the files, try booting into safe mode for an alternative way to start cleaning things out. It also may be necessary to terminate or kill off any of the above processes that are running in the system making use of the task manager.
Even after performing a manual Personal Guard 2009 removal I suggest running (and updating) malwarebytes antimalware so that you can clean out any leftovers or registry entries. It’s also worth noting that a system with one pest like this may have other “friends” along as well.
Related PostsRelated Posts
- How to Remove AntiTroy | AntiTroy Removal Guide AntiTroy is a rogue antivirus application that is usually installed through trojans that are masquerading as a video codec update or flash player update. It usually installs without the computer users permission and will complain about many security issues with your pc. It will claim that there are virus infected......
- How to Remove Desktop Security 2010 | Desktop Security 2010 Removal Guide Desktop Security 2010 is a rogue antivirus application. It is a successor to Total PC Defender and installs on your pc without permission through the use of malware. Once on your system it will create numerous files that it then finds during scheduled scans and it claims these files are......
- How to Remove PC Scout | PC Scout Removal Guide PC Scout is another rogue application with a similar look and feel to the Windows Security Center. (It's also apparently a clone of the same family as ActiveSecurity (ActiveSecurity Removal) It likely installs through malware and the use of web popups. Once it's installed on your system it tries to......
- 2009 Offense Preview What To Know: With Harvin and Murphy gone, the offense is going to be missing their sure thing stars for receiving, but there is plenty of speed to be burned at running back and so the line should be able to grow into something that is terrific. The quarterback situation......
- Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 2: An Explanation of Social Security Works) The following is a continuation of the Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? (Part 1). That article dealt with the history of Charles Ponzi and the original Ponzi scheme. In this article we'll cover the Social Security system in general. Social Security also works best as a pyramid There is......
- Is It Wise To Create Cash From Content Gateway Cash Per Action Marketing I have found out that a lot of people was trying to find out what's content gateway CPA (Cost-Per-Action) and precisely can you apply it on their web page. Well that strategy is nothing new but yet not widely utilized so far. Thus lets get a sharper view at that......
- How to Remove Personal Protector | Personal Protector Removal Guide
- Remove Total Security 2009 | TotalSecurity 2009 Removal
- How to Remove Data Doctor 2010 | Data Doctor 2010 Removal Guide
- How to Remove Windows PC Defender | Windows PC Defender Removal
- How to Remove Additional Guard | Additional Guard Removal Guide